Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Kerry
Kerry

Pole pruner use - without the pole?

I have a Ryobi Pole Pruner ... but for some areas I need to be able to use the pruner without the pole. Does anyone know how to connect the pruner directly to the battery section without the pole in between? I don't wish to go an purchase another product eg chainsaw.

Purchased in July 2020.

Paul B.
Paul B.Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible service from Ryobi

Lost white cap off oil tank & it can't be replaced because they released a new modal & changed the size of the cap so it doesn't fit the OPP 1820 model.

Purchased for $200.00.

Oil leaks

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke, a cartoon with no words? Disappointed

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke. l would be embarrassed to produce something like this, a cartoon with no words? Very Disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $198.00.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Saw OK, Ryobi Fail

Saw has been good,Available up until recently. Critical parts no longer available for a relatively new item. I now have the Ryobi $200 paperweight. Not very pleased and will think twice before buying Ryobi again.

Purchased in January 2018.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but build quality seems average

I purchased this a few months ago because the price was good, i've had good success with other Ryobi ONe+ tools, and already had the batteries. This Pole saw is a great idea and so far has worked fine for me, however the chain oil seems to leak out all over the place and runs down the pole, handle, motor, etc. It also doesn't seem to be oiling the chain from what i can see which will lead to premature chain failure down the track too. I think this has some serious design flaws that need to be rectified. As this has the 6yr Ryobi warranty i have a bad feeling i may be needed it sooner than later. But time will tell!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Daryl H
Daryl HUpwey

Poor quality

Oil leaked from seemingly everywhere upon first filling it. This was brand new. What a mess. I still soldiered on and tried getting the pruner to even spin and it was dead with the battery fully charged.

Unfortunately my wife threw out the receipt, so I will see if I can fix this myself, but the lack of any life doesn't give me hope. Thanks for other comments about how to fix the hose. Hopefully the oil leaking everywhere hasn't ruined it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Dodger
Dodger

Top Heavy

Bought one today, but it's very top heavy, the trigger is at one end and the weight at the other, no matter how you adjust the harness it's just impossible to use at it's full length...returned.
Staff member at Bunnings told me they are hard to use.
If they had the trigger half way down it would have made a difference.
The shorter one which I have is great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Daniel
Daniel

Disappointed in Ryobi cordless product range - failing just after warranty expiration

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hibullet
HibulletForster

This Faulty Product Remains on Sale

Purchased this product a few days ago. On first use it had oil running down the pole. A quick search has revealed this is a common occurrence.
I spoke to Ryobi's technical support today and drew their attention to these reviews. They claimed they had no knowledge of the problem. I was advised to pull it apart and see if I could locate the problem.
My request to have them look into the matter and call me back was rejected. I was told if I wasn't prepared to pull it apart I should return it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Oil leaks the second time around

Purchased this a month ago and within half an hour of usage had the chain oil running down the pole onto my hands. Took it back to Bunnings and they said that have never had an issue with this unit and replaced it. The second unit has the exact same problem, back to Bunnings we go...

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Denito
DenitoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK for the money if you can fix it!

Date PurchasedSept 2018

leelee
leeleeGold Coast

a returner

Purchased at bunnings. Tried it out and couldnt tighten,the ,ost important part of it, it kept slipping, so couldnt do the job it was meant to do. Too dangerouse to much about with a product thats being used on a ladder up a tree! Returned it,staff who thought he was a very important person, didnt like the fact we returned it. Bought a much better quality one elsewhere, works like a dream.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Trev
Trevbrisbane

Oil leak problem solved.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
bzyb
bzybaustralia

Easy to use and manage , some disappointments.

Uses a lot of chain bar oil, this runs down the handle and dips out the front of the chain,,,, The chain requires tighten/adjusting often... only had the pruner 3 weeks appears to need a new chain I will check with my local Bunnings store next week,.. Easy to use and manage handles the pruning I need to do well, battery has good life .Lady gardener..

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

JSBasked

Opp18 pruner doesn't match hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S

ken

I only have one Ryobi 18v pole and it fits both the hedge trim and chain saw without a problem. I bought the pole with the chain saw attached first then after I found it does such a great job I bought the hedge attachment and that also works on the same pole.

JSB

Thanks Ken. The Opp18 pruner is 2021. The hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S is 2016. They have changed the connection a bit after only 5 years. Maybe you bought yours at the same time?

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers