Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

kenHunter Region, NSW

Great tool very user friendly

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

So Far So Good

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

Ian
IanWollongong

Had This Unit for 6 Years and Still Going Strong.

Sc3d
Sc3d Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great purchase, heavier than expected

Great tool! Works well with a standard ryobi 18v battery.

It’s a little hard to manoeuvre if you’re short, but you get used to it. Also heavier than expected.

Easy to put together as well.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Jorgejio
Jorgejio

For what it is, surprisingly good. Some design weaknesses.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

Lou
LouMelbourne

Handy Long Reach Pruner

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Chad
ChadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great pruner

Great pruner so far. Have used it about 10 hrs cutting lemon gum and black wattle including dry dead branches and had no problems. It does use a lot if chain oil, but doesnt leak for me unlike others, so you do need to keep a eye on that and the chain need tighten every 15 or 20 mins of use. Very quiet and not that heavy. Great battery life.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've got a lot of the One+ products so figured I'd give this a go. This is a great product, much easier and safer than using a step ladder.

Being battery powered it's not the fastest at cutting, but since I only need to cut through relatively thin branches it does the job well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.75.

Oil leaks

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.

Saw OK, Ryobi Fail

Saw has been good,Available up until recently. Critical parts no longer available for a relatively new item. I now have the Ryobi $200 paperweight. Not very pleased and will think twice before buying Ryobi again.

Purchased in January 2018.

BarryCMelbourne

No problems despite what I'd read here.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BarryC

I’ve since found out that one of the standard generic chains can be used as a replacement. Bunnings sells them so don’t need to go through Ryobi for a new chain.

Daryl H
Daryl HUpwey

Poor quality

Oil leaked from seemingly everywhere upon first filling it. This was brand new. What a mess. I still soldiered on and tried getting the pruner to even spin and it was dead with the battery fully charged.

Unfortunately my wife threw out the receipt, so I will see if I can fix this myself, but the lack of any life doesn't give me hope. Thanks for other comments about how to fix the hose. Hopefully the oil leaking everywhere hasn't ruined it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Dodger
Dodger

Top Heavy

Bought one today, but it's very top heavy, the trigger is at one end and the weight at the other, no matter how you adjust the harness it's just impossible to use at it's full length...returned.
Staff member at Bunnings told me they are hard to use.
If they had the trigger half way down it would have made a difference.
The shorter one which I have is great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019
Daniel
Daniel

Disappointed in Ryobi cordless product range - failing just after warranty expiration

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Pole saw seems seized

For some reason my Ryobi battery operated saw just stopped and seems to be seized. It has operated perfectly since I bought it and I am very happy with it. When I push the levers to operate it nothing happens and the chain cog won’t turn. Anyone else had this or overcome it some how?

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Krzysztof B.
Krzysztof B.asked

What was the cost of the Ryobi 18V One + Pole Pruner OPP1820 2018.?

ken

$199 for skin of pole primer attachment. I already had batteries and pole for the chain saw version which interchange with this April 2021

nevasked

What is difference between an opp1820 & opp1850 pole saw. I have used a opp1820 (borrowed) & it was great but I can only find opp1850 at Bunnings, also how many poles come with a new one & is there product number for the saw , pole, battery (2 ?) & charger. As Bunnings have only the skin. Await your reply Many Thanks Nev Solomon.

ken

Nev I bought my unit originally as a pole hedge trimmer 1850 style skin and it was so successful that I got the chain saw skin. I had a 5 size battery and charger from my first purchase so I still use that and I decided to get an aftermarket battery spare set of 2 as I'm retired and the price difference for the real battery was shall we say significant. I figured if one out two worked I was still ahead. They all work very well. Getting back to the saw or hedging unit I bought it and a spare pole which is same model at Bunnings. I had to order it in as they didn't have stock but it was only about 3 days to wait. The whole set of my gear hasn't disappointed and even my son and daughters are all now converts if one can use that term. My initial concerns re the straps and balance have virtually all gone as we all became more proficient.One of my daughters is fairly light short build and we thought she mightn't handle it but she loves this stuff now and hates going back to leads and lugging all the extras around. So I hope this in some way answers your query. I did note that Ryobi has altered some model numbers which can be confusing as the two units look pretty much the same. Just note your numbers and order based on that and the system works ok.

Thanks Ken.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers