Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Stevomelbourne

Great pruner

Very effective pruner/lopper. Good battery life if you by a decent size battery, enough to do most domestic work.

Only some small negatives.

Oil provided with the unit was very thin and seemed to leak through the unit very quickly. Thicker chain oil slowed that down a lot.

Ours needs regular adjustment (every 15 mins or so) to keep the chain tight.

User manual treats customers like morons and uses cartoons/diagrams with zero wriiten instruction. Cheap for Ryobi I guess but useless to help maintain the item properly.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Stevo

Just a small follow up comment after some further use. The chain adjustment issues was just the user, it stays fine now and I just adjust it once if needed before each use.

billdunk
billdunkNSW, 2484

Disappointing durability

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

No chain file supplied

Would have got 5 stars if the sharpening file was included. The Manual does not indicate what file size either? 5/32" or 3/16" or 7/32"... so makes a purchase difficult. What size file please? Otherwise, works well and is recommended for small jobs. some plastic looks a bit feeble, but I haven't broken anything yet.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Yarg
Yarg

It seems highly unlikely that 9,985 people could have read this review and not one has made a comment?

DanBrisbane

Definitely money well spent

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Dan

Update: I have used this tool now many times since purchase and I wouldn't be without it. It must have saved me hundreds of dollars in being able to do the jobs myself. Absolutely loving it.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Ol codger
Ol codgerAdelaide

Well worth the money

Date PurchasedJune 2016
johnkillcare
johnkillcare

Don't buy if you want to add attachments

Bought this product which works quite well, however I went to buy the pole hedge trimmer attachment and was told I can only buy complete kit which I would have ended up with 2 lots of batteries, two charges, 2 sets of extendible poles all of which I didn't need. Ryobi falsely advertise that the fact you can buy separate attachments. Was advised by Bunnings that the cheap brand "ozito" supplies attachments for their products separately. I don't think I will buy Ryobi again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
RJ
RJSydney, NSW

I've owned this chainsaw for about a year. Much better than my previous 18V machine. The angle is perfect, and it has plenty of power. Also light enough to use vertically (or close to) with full extension. I typically cut branches 100m diameter in about 15 seconds. I live on an acre with lots of trees, and this does some serious trimming.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Michael

Excellent but Heavy

Leanne
Leanne

I feel safe in using this product vs another type of chain-saw

I love this piece of garden equipment. It's getting plenty of use. I've been able to prune tall palm trees and even helped an elderly Aunty who has (or rather had) a massive pine tree overhanging into her back yard. It's paid for itself a couple of time already (vs getting a handy-man to do the job). I feel safe using it (vs the old electric one which will shortly get heave-ho).
I wish I were a little stronger in the wrists to manoeuvre it a little better (I'm in my mid 50's).
Thank you Ryobi for this quality product.

Jason
JasonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Gets the job done...

I've had this tool for about a year now and it's managed to do everything I've asked of it.

My only complaints are small ones;
a) it does get clogged up easily if you hit a leafy part of the tree or bush but it's pretty simple to clean out and get running again.
b) battery life isn't great, even with the larger 4.0Ah battery, but for my small yard this isn't a huge issue either.

All up, it's definitely a lot easier than pulling out a ladder and firing up the chainsaw for fairly small jobs.

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

Product cuts well - short battery life.

I've only had it a few days. I just used it for the 1st time, and is a lot easier/safer to use than my petrol chainsaw. It's good that it came with oil. The front buckle, however broke off, and I retrieved all pieces except the small screw/bolt. I have contacted Ryobi. I don't see the point in taking it back for one minor screw/bolt
light. easy to use. came with oil.
Short battery life, compared to other Ryobi tools.

MetalGodz

The 4Amp Li-Ion battery makes a massive difference, compared to the normal ones.

gogofaster
gogofasterSydney

Perfect for a small backyard

I have a 700 sqm block with a large number of hedges, pine trees, palms etc. The pruner has been invaluable in pruning branches. I used to do it by hand and this has cut my pruning time greatly. I have even cut up a tree about 20 cm wide. I have the smaller battery and that has been more than sufficient. I have not had to recharge the battery during a pruning session lasting about 1-2 hours. Not sure what is the running time as I did not time it. I have jammed it a couple of times but its easy to clear and to put the chain back on. The only issue is that if there is any oil left over it can leak when stored standing up.
Light, sharp, quick