Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Kerry
Kerry

Pole pruner use - without the pole?

I have a Ryobi Pole Pruner ... but for some areas I need to be able to use the pruner without the pole. Does anyone know how to connect the pruner directly to the battery section without the pole in between? I don't wish to go an purchase another product eg chainsaw.

Purchased in July 2020.

Paul B.
Paul B.Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible service from Ryobi

Lost white cap off oil tank & it can't be replaced because they released a new modal & changed the size of the cap so it doesn't fit the OPP 1820 model.

Purchased for $200.00.

Oil leaks

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke, a cartoon with no words? Disappointed

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke. l would be embarrassed to produce something like this, a cartoon with no words? Very Disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $198.00.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but build quality seems average

I purchased this a few months ago because the price was good, i've had good success with other Ryobi ONe+ tools, and already had the batteries. This Pole saw is a great idea and so far has worked fine for me, however the chain oil seems to leak out all over the place and runs down the pole, handle, motor, etc. It also doesn't seem to be oiling the chain from what i can see which will lead to premature chain failure down the track too. I think this has some serious design flaws that need to be rectified. As this has the 6yr Ryobi warranty i have a bad feeling i may be needed it sooner than later. But time will tell!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Hibullet
HibulletForster

This Faulty Product Remains on Sale

Purchased this product a few days ago. On first use it had oil running down the pole. A quick search has revealed this is a common occurrence.
I spoke to Ryobi's technical support today and drew their attention to these reviews. They claimed they had no knowledge of the problem. I was advised to pull it apart and see if I could locate the problem.
My request to have them look into the matter and call me back was rejected. I was told if I wasn't prepared to pull it apart I should return it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Oil leaks the second time around

Purchased this a month ago and within half an hour of usage had the chain oil running down the pole onto my hands. Took it back to Bunnings and they said that have never had an issue with this unit and replaced it. The second unit has the exact same problem, back to Bunnings we go...

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Denito
DenitoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK for the money if you can fix it!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Trev
Trevbrisbane

Oil leak problem solved.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

bzyb
bzybaustralia

Easy to use and manage , some disappointments.

Uses a lot of chain bar oil, this runs down the handle and dips out the front of the chain,,,, The chain requires tighten/adjusting often... only had the pruner 3 weeks appears to need a new chain I will check with my local Bunnings store next week,.. Easy to use and manage handles the pruning I need to do well, battery has good life .Lady gardener..

Date PurchasedNov 2017
billdunk
billdunkNSW, 2484

Disappointing durability

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
rob
rob

disappointing

a well balanced unit - initially it was excellent but the gloss soon wore off ,cutting speed was good --,the cutting head came loose - wobbles ,, the screws are as tight as they can be done [2] ,, the battery pack has lost about 30% of its capacity after about 100 cycles ,, i have not tried another brand ,

nevasked

What is difference between an opp1820 & opp1850 pole saw. I have used a opp1820 (borrowed) & it was great but I can only find opp1850 at Bunnings, also how many poles come with a new one & is there product number for the saw , pole, battery (2 ?) & charger. As Bunnings have only the skin. Await your reply Many Thanks Nev Solomon.

ken

Nev I bought my unit originally as a pole hedge trimmer 1850 style skin and it was so successful that I got the chain saw skin. I had a 5 size battery and charger from my first purchase so I still use that and I decided to get an aftermarket battery spare set of 2 as I'm retired and the price difference for the real battery was shall we say significant. I figured if one out two worked I was still ahead. They all work very well. Getting back to the saw or hedging unit I bought it and a spare pole which is same model at Bunnings. I had to order it in as they didn't have stock but it was only about 3 days to wait. The whole set of my gear hasn't disappointed and even my son and daughters are all now converts if one can use that term. My initial concerns re the straps and balance have virtually all gone as we all became more proficient.One of my daughters is fairly light short build and we thought she mightn't handle it but she loves this stuff now and hates going back to leads and lugging all the extras around. So I hope this in some way answers your query. I did note that Ryobi has altered some model numbers which can be confusing as the two units look pretty much the same. Just note your numbers and order based on that and the system works ok.

Thanks Ken.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

Damien R.
Damien R.

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers