Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Kerry
Kerry

Pole pruner use - without the pole?

I have a Ryobi Pole Pruner ... but for some areas I need to be able to use the pruner without the pole. Does anyone know how to connect the pruner directly to the battery section without the pole in between? I don't wish to go an purchase another product eg chainsaw.

Purchased in July 2020.

Paul B.
Paul B.Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible service from Ryobi

Lost white cap off oil tank & it can't be replaced because they released a new modal & changed the size of the cap so it doesn't fit the OPP 1820 model.

Purchased for $200.00.

Other Hedge Trimmers

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke, a cartoon with no words? Disappointed

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke. l would be embarrassed to produce something like this, a cartoon with no words? Very Disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $198.00.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but build quality seems average

I purchased this a few months ago because the price was good, i've had good success with other Ryobi ONe+ tools, and already had the batteries. This Pole saw is a great idea and so far has worked fine for me, however the chain oil seems to leak out all over the place and runs down the pole, handle, motor, etc. It also doesn't seem to be oiling the chain from what i can see which will lead to premature chain failure down the track too. I think this has some serious design flaws that need to be rectified. As this has the 6yr Ryobi warranty i have a bad feeling i may be needed it sooner than later. But time will tell!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Hibullet
HibulletForster

This Faulty Product Remains on Sale

Purchased this product a few days ago. On first use it had oil running down the pole. A quick search has revealed this is a common occurrence.
I spoke to Ryobi's technical support today and drew their attention to these reviews. They claimed they had no knowledge of the problem. I was advised to pull it apart and see if I could locate the problem.
My request to have them look into the matter and call me back was rejected. I was told if I wasn't prepared to pull it apart I should return it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Denito
DenitoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK for the money if you can fix it!

Date PurchasedSept 2018
bzyb
bzybaustralia

Easy to use and manage , some disappointments.

Uses a lot of chain bar oil, this runs down the handle and dips out the front of the chain,,,, The chain requires tighten/adjusting often... only had the pruner 3 weeks appears to need a new chain I will check with my local Bunnings store next week,.. Easy to use and manage handles the pruning I need to do well, battery has good life .Lady gardener..

Date PurchasedNov 2017
rob
rob

disappointing

a well balanced unit - initially it was excellent but the gloss soon wore off ,cutting speed was good --,the cutting head came loose - wobbles ,, the screws are as tight as they can be done [2] ,, the battery pack has lost about 30% of its capacity after about 100 cycles ,, i have not tried another brand ,

Other Hedge Trimmers

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

JSBasked

Opp18 pruner doesn't match hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S

ken

I only have one Ryobi 18v pole and it fits both the hedge trim and chain saw without a problem. I bought the pole with the chain saw attached first then after I found it does such a great job I bought the hedge attachment and that also works on the same pole.

JSB

Thanks Ken. The Opp18 pruner is 2021. The hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S is 2016. They have changed the connection a bit after only 5 years. Maybe you bought yours at the same time?

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers