Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

kenHunter Region, NSW

Great tool very user friendly

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Sc3d
Sc3d Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great purchase, heavier than expected

Great tool! Works well with a standard ryobi 18v battery.

It’s a little hard to manoeuvre if you’re short, but you get used to it. Also heavier than expected.

Easy to put together as well.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Jorgejio
Jorgejio

For what it is, surprisingly good. Some design weaknesses.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Lou
LouMelbourne

Handy Long Reach Pruner

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Potential is great

I found the oil ran out of it all down the handle it did not appear to get on the chain. There was a piece of sponge in the oil compartment should that have stayed or be removed. It did work ok . I was concerned about the oil on the battery contacts.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Matt Hylton
Matt HyltonAU

Great. However it’s got a little flaw.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Fiona292
Fiona292Canberra

Does the job but not as easily as I’d hoped.

The pruner has a central extension that you can remove, I can only use it in the shorter version as it’s pretty top heavy, the male in the house has less difficulty but agrees that it’s not well balanced. I can see so many ways to better design this tool, it’s a shame Ryobi missed the opportunity. Regardless, it does the job well and runs fairly quietly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Heath
HeathBrisbane

Surprisingly Capable.

I purchased the Ryobi Pole Pruner to tame all that was difficult to reach in a Queensland yard. The product is a surprisingly capable little pruner. As others have mentioned, it does have a drinking problem. Do keep bar oil by side. And like all chainsaw the chain does require regular sharpening to perform well. Very happy with the purchase, ideal for domestic pruning purposes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Stevomelbourne

Great pruner

Very effective pruner/lopper. Good battery life if you by a decent size battery, enough to do most domestic work.

Only some small negatives.

Oil provided with the unit was very thin and seemed to leak through the unit very quickly. Thicker chain oil slowed that down a lot.

Ours needs regular adjustment (every 15 mins or so) to keep the chain tight.

User manual treats customers like morons and uses cartoons/diagrams with zero wriiten instruction. Cheap for Ryobi I guess but useless to help maintain the item properly.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Stevo

Just a small follow up comment after some further use. The chain adjustment issues was just the user, it stays fine now and I just adjust it once if needed before each use.

No chain file supplied

Would have got 5 stars if the sharpening file was included. The Manual does not indicate what file size either? 5/32" or 3/16" or 7/32"... so makes a purchase difficult. What size file please? Otherwise, works well and is recommended for small jobs. some plastic looks a bit feeble, but I haven't broken anything yet.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Yarg
Yarg

It seems highly unlikely that 9,985 people could have read this review and not one has made a comment?

johnkillcare
johnkillcare

Don't buy if you want to add attachments

Bought this product which works quite well, however I went to buy the pole hedge trimmer attachment and was told I can only buy complete kit which I would have ended up with 2 lots of batteries, two charges, 2 sets of extendible poles all of which I didn't need. Ryobi falsely advertise that the fact you can buy separate attachments. Was advised by Bunnings that the cheap brand "ozito" supplies attachments for their products separately. I don't think I will buy Ryobi again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Michael
Michael

Excellent but Heavy

Jason
JasonNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Gets the job done...

I've had this tool for about a year now and it's managed to do everything I've asked of it.

My only complaints are small ones;
a) it does get clogged up easily if you hit a leafy part of the tree or bush but it's pretty simple to clean out and get running again.
b) battery life isn't great, even with the larger 4.0Ah battery, but for my small yard this isn't a huge issue either.

All up, it's definitely a lot easier than pulling out a ladder and firing up the chainsaw for fairly small jobs.

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

Product cuts well - short battery life.

I've only had it a few days. I just used it for the 1st time, and is a lot easier/safer to use than my petrol chainsaw. It's good that it came with oil. The front buckle, however broke off, and I retrieved all pieces except the small screw/bolt. I have contacted Ryobi. I don't see the point in taking it back for one minor screw/bolt
light. easy to use. came with oil.
Short battery life, compared to other Ryobi tools.

MetalGodz

The 4Amp Li-Ion battery makes a massive difference, compared to the normal ones.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

JSBasked

Opp18 pruner doesn't match hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S

ken

I only have one Ryobi 18v pole and it fits both the hedge trim and chain saw without a problem. I bought the pole with the chain saw attached first then after I found it does such a great job I bought the hedge attachment and that also works on the same pole.

JSB

Thanks Ken. The Opp18 pruner is 2021. The hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S is 2016. They have changed the connection a bit after only 5 years. Maybe you bought yours at the same time?

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers