Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

So Far So Good

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Ian
IanWollongong

Had This Unit for 6 Years and Still Going Strong.

Chad
ChadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great pruner

Great pruner so far. Have used it about 10 hrs cutting lemon gum and black wattle including dry dead branches and had no problems. It does use a lot if chain oil, but doesnt leak for me unlike others, so you do need to keep a eye on that and the chain need tighten every 15 or 20 mins of use. Very quiet and not that heavy. Great battery life.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've got a lot of the One+ products so figured I'd give this a go. This is a great product, much easier and safer than using a step ladder.

Being battery powered it's not the fastest at cutting, but since I only need to cut through relatively thin branches it does the job well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.75.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

BarryCMelbourne

No problems despite what I'd read here.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BarryC

I’ve since found out that one of the standard generic chains can be used as a replacement. Bunnings sells them so don’t need to go through Ryobi for a new chain.

Pole saw seems seized

For some reason my Ryobi battery operated saw just stopped and seems to be seized. It has operated perfectly since I bought it and I am very happy with it. When I push the levers to operate it nothing happens and the chain cog won’t turn. Anyone else had this or overcome it some how?

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Gazajr
GazajrGladstone

Where have you been all my life.

Awesome. Purchased this little beauty a couple of weeks ago and gave it a flogging on the weekend. Mum has a large Jacaranda tree in her back yard. This saw gave me access from the ground and ripped the thing to pieces easy as. Green branches up to 150mm were a breeze and as I had a hedge trimmer with the same extension poles, I added another that gave me access to around 4m in height. 3 ute loads in minutes. The thing is still brand new so the longevity of the product is unknown at this point.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
tom.redcama
tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

Bloomin’ Marvelous

Used to top prune Pepper tree. I couldn’t use chain saw due to weight and inability to manoeuvre . Climbed up tree and used shortest length. This pole saw was perfect for the job and chewed through 6 inches diam branches with ease. On ground added additional poles and finished the job. Very pleased with the result. Light weight, sharp chain, good ergonomics. Just keep the chain sharp and connections tight.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nomi
NomiMelbourne

Works perfectly!

I've used this many times, on my farm and at my parents cutting branches with ~diameter of 120mm and it's never let me down.
Even the 2.5Ah lasts long enough to do a decent amount of pruning.. (Just drain the chain oil when done)
Beats taking the petrol one out.

IMHO it's fantastic.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

DanBrisbane

Definitely money well spent

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Dan

Update: I have used this tool now many times since purchase and I wouldn't be without it. It must have saved me hundreds of dollars in being able to do the jobs myself. Absolutely loving it.

Ol codger
Ol codgerAdelaide

Well worth the money

Date PurchasedJune 2016

RJ
RJSydney, NSW

I've owned this chainsaw for about a year. Much better than my previous 18V machine. The angle is perfect, and it has plenty of power. Also light enough to use vertically (or close to) with full extension. I typically cut branches 100m diameter in about 15 seconds. I live on an acre with lots of trees, and this does some serious trimming.

Leanne
Leanne

I feel safe in using this product vs another type of chain-saw

I love this piece of garden equipment. It's getting plenty of use. I've been able to prune tall palm trees and even helped an elderly Aunty who has (or rather had) a massive pine tree overhanging into her back yard. It's paid for itself a couple of time already (vs getting a handy-man to do the job). I feel safe using it (vs the old electric one which will shortly get heave-ho).
I wish I were a little stronger in the wrists to manoeuvre it a little better (I'm in my mid 50's).
Thank you Ryobi for this quality product.

gogofaster
gogofasterSydney

Perfect for a small backyard

I have a 700 sqm block with a large number of hedges, pine trees, palms etc. The pruner has been invaluable in pruning branches. I used to do it by hand and this has cut my pruning time greatly. I have even cut up a tree about 20 cm wide. I have the smaller battery and that has been more than sufficient. I have not had to recharge the battery during a pruning session lasting about 1-2 hours. Not sure what is the running time as I did not time it. I have jammed it a couple of times but its easy to clear and to put the chain back on. The only issue is that if there is any oil left over it can leak when stored standing up.
Light, sharp, quick
Oil leaks.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

Thomas Cross
Thomas Crossasked

Appears to have blown a fuse on polesaw
What do I check
How can I fix it?

JSBasked

Opp18 pruner doesn't match hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S

ken

I only have one Ryobi 18v pole and it fits both the hedge trim and chain saw without a problem. I bought the pole with the chain saw attached first then after I found it does such a great job I bought the hedge attachment and that also works on the same pole.

JSB

Thanks Ken. The Opp18 pruner is 2021. The hedge trimmer pole OHT1850S is 2016. They have changed the connection a bit after only 5 years. Maybe you bought yours at the same time?

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers