Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

So Far So Good

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

Ian
IanWollongong

Had This Unit for 6 Years and Still Going Strong.

Chad
ChadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great pruner

Great pruner so far. Have used it about 10 hrs cutting lemon gum and black wattle including dry dead branches and had no problems. It does use a lot if chain oil, but doesnt leak for me unlike others, so you do need to keep a eye on that and the chain need tighten every 15 or 20 mins of use. Very quiet and not that heavy. Great battery life.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've got a lot of the One+ products so figured I'd give this a go. This is a great product, much easier and safer than using a step ladder.

Being battery powered it's not the fastest at cutting, but since I only need to cut through relatively thin branches it does the job well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.75.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Oil leaks

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.

BarryCMelbourne

No problems despite what I'd read here.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BarryC

I’ve since found out that one of the standard generic chains can be used as a replacement. Bunnings sells them so don’t need to go through Ryobi for a new chain.

Pole saw seems seized

For some reason my Ryobi battery operated saw just stopped and seems to be seized. It has operated perfectly since I bought it and I am very happy with it. When I push the levers to operate it nothing happens and the chain cog won’t turn. Anyone else had this or overcome it some how?

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Oil leaks the second time around

Purchased this a month ago and within half an hour of usage had the chain oil running down the pole onto my hands. Took it back to Bunnings and they said that have never had an issue with this unit and replaced it. The second unit has the exact same problem, back to Bunnings we go...

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Gazajr
GazajrGladstone

Where have you been all my life.

Awesome. Purchased this little beauty a couple of weeks ago and gave it a flogging on the weekend. Mum has a large Jacaranda tree in her back yard. This saw gave me access from the ground and ripped the thing to pieces easy as. Green branches up to 150mm were a breeze and as I had a hedge trimmer with the same extension poles, I added another that gave me access to around 4m in height. 3 ute loads in minutes. The thing is still brand new so the longevity of the product is unknown at this point.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Trev
Trevbrisbane

Oil leak problem solved.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
tom.redcama
tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

Bloomin’ Marvelous

Used to top prune Pepper tree. I couldn’t use chain saw due to weight and inability to manoeuvre . Climbed up tree and used shortest length. This pole saw was perfect for the job and chewed through 6 inches diam branches with ease. On ground added additional poles and finished the job. Very pleased with the result. Light weight, sharp chain, good ergonomics. Just keep the chain sharp and connections tight.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nomi
NomiMelbourne

Works perfectly!

I've used this many times, on my farm and at my parents cutting branches with ~diameter of 120mm and it's never let me down.
Even the 2.5Ah lasts long enough to do a decent amount of pruning.. (Just drain the chain oil when done)
Beats taking the petrol one out.

IMHO it's fantastic.

DanBrisbane

Definitely money well spent

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Dan

Update: I have used this tool now many times since purchase and I wouldn't be without it. It must have saved me hundreds of dollars in being able to do the jobs myself. Absolutely loving it.

Ol codger
Ol codgerAdelaide

Well worth the money

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Krzysztof B.
Krzysztof B.asked

What was the cost of the Ryobi 18V One + Pole Pruner OPP1820 2018.?

ken

$199 for skin of pole primer attachment. I already had batteries and pole for the chain saw version which interchange with this April 2021

nevasked

What is difference between an opp1820 & opp1850 pole saw. I have used a opp1820 (borrowed) & it was great but I can only find opp1850 at Bunnings, also how many poles come with a new one & is there product number for the saw , pole, battery (2 ?) & charger. As Bunnings have only the skin. Await your reply Many Thanks Nev Solomon.

ken

Nev I bought my unit originally as a pole hedge trimmer 1850 style skin and it was so successful that I got the chain saw skin. I had a 5 size battery and charger from my first purchase so I still use that and I decided to get an aftermarket battery spare set of 2 as I'm retired and the price difference for the real battery was shall we say significant. I figured if one out two worked I was still ahead. They all work very well. Getting back to the saw or hedging unit I bought it and a spare pole which is same model at Bunnings. I had to order it in as they didn't have stock but it was only about 3 days to wait. The whole set of my gear hasn't disappointed and even my son and daughters are all now converts if one can use that term. My initial concerns re the straps and balance have virtually all gone as we all became more proficient.One of my daughters is fairly light short build and we thought she mightn't handle it but she loves this stuff now and hates going back to leads and lugging all the extras around. So I hope this in some way answers your query. I did note that Ryobi has altered some model numbers which can be confusing as the two units look pretty much the same. Just note your numbers and order based on that and the system works ok.

Thanks Ken.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers