Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820
See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

So Far So Good

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

Ian
IanWollongong

Had This Unit for 6 Years and Still Going Strong.

Kerry
Kerry

Pole pruner use - without the pole?

I have a Ryobi Pole Pruner ... but for some areas I need to be able to use the pruner without the pole. Does anyone know how to connect the pruner directly to the battery section without the pole in between? I don't wish to go an purchase another product eg chainsaw.

Purchased in July 2020.

Paul B.
Paul B.Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible service from Ryobi

Lost white cap off oil tank & it can't be replaced because they released a new modal & changed the size of the cap so it doesn't fit the OPP 1820 model.

Purchased for $200.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Chad
ChadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great pruner

Great pruner so far. Have used it about 10 hrs cutting lemon gum and black wattle including dry dead branches and had no problems. It does use a lot if chain oil, but doesnt leak for me unlike others, so you do need to keep a eye on that and the chain need tighten every 15 or 20 mins of use. Very quiet and not that heavy. Great battery life.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Fantastic

I've got a lot of the One+ products so figured I'd give this a go. This is a great product, much easier and safer than using a step ladder.

Being battery powered it's not the fastest at cutting, but since I only need to cut through relatively thin branches it does the job well.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.75.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke, a cartoon with no words? Disappointed

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke. l would be embarrassed to produce something like this, a cartoon with no words? Very Disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $198.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but build quality seems average

I purchased this a few months ago because the price was good, i've had good success with other Ryobi ONe+ tools, and already had the batteries. This Pole saw is a great idea and so far has worked fine for me, however the chain oil seems to leak out all over the place and runs down the pole, handle, motor, etc. It also doesn't seem to be oiling the chain from what i can see which will lead to premature chain failure down the track too. I think this has some serious design flaws that need to be rectified. As this has the 6yr Ryobi warranty i have a bad feeling i may be needed it sooner than later. But time will tell!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.

BarryCMelbourne

No problems despite what I'd read here.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BarryC

I’ve since found out that one of the standard generic chains can be used as a replacement. Bunnings sells them so don’t need to go through Ryobi for a new chain.

Pole saw seems seized

For some reason my Ryobi battery operated saw just stopped and seems to be seized. It has operated perfectly since I bought it and I am very happy with it. When I push the levers to operate it nothing happens and the chain cog won’t turn. Anyone else had this or overcome it some how?

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Hibullet
HibulletForster

This Faulty Product Remains on Sale

Purchased this product a few days ago. On first use it had oil running down the pole. A quick search has revealed this is a common occurrence.
I spoke to Ryobi's technical support today and drew their attention to these reviews. They claimed they had no knowledge of the problem. I was advised to pull it apart and see if I could locate the problem.
My request to have them look into the matter and call me back was rejected. I was told if I wasn't prepared to pull it apart I should return it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Denito
DenitoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK for the money if you can fix it!

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Gazajr
GazajrGladstone

Where have you been all my life.

Awesome. Purchased this little beauty a couple of weeks ago and gave it a flogging on the weekend. Mum has a large Jacaranda tree in her back yard. This saw gave me access from the ground and ripped the thing to pieces easy as. Green branches up to 150mm were a breeze and as I had a hedge trimmer with the same extension poles, I added another that gave me access to around 4m in height. 3 ute loads in minutes. The thing is still brand new so the longevity of the product is unknown at this point.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
bzyb
bzybaustralia

Easy to use and manage , some disappointments.

Uses a lot of chain bar oil, this runs down the handle and dips out the front of the chain,,,, The chain requires tighten/adjusting often... only had the pruner 3 weeks appears to need a new chain I will check with my local Bunnings store next week,.. Easy to use and manage handles the pruning I need to do well, battery has good life .Lady gardener..

Date PurchasedNov 2017
tom.redcama
tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

Bloomin’ Marvelous

Used to top prune Pepper tree. I couldn’t use chain saw due to weight and inability to manoeuvre . Climbed up tree and used shortest length. This pole saw was perfect for the job and chewed through 6 inches diam branches with ease. On ground added additional poles and finished the job. Very pleased with the result. Light weight, sharp chain, good ergonomics. Just keep the chain sharp and connections tight.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Krzysztof B.
Krzysztof B.asked

What was the cost of the Ryobi 18V One + Pole Pruner OPP1820 2018.?

ken

$199 for skin of pole primer attachment. I already had batteries and pole for the chain saw version which interchange with this April 2021

nevasked

What is difference between an opp1820 & opp1850 pole saw. I have used a opp1820 (borrowed) & it was great but I can only find opp1850 at Bunnings, also how many poles come with a new one & is there product number for the saw , pole, battery (2 ?) & charger. As Bunnings have only the skin. Await your reply Many Thanks Nev Solomon.

ken

Nev I bought my unit originally as a pole hedge trimmer 1850 style skin and it was so successful that I got the chain saw skin. I had a 5 size battery and charger from my first purchase so I still use that and I decided to get an aftermarket battery spare set of 2 as I'm retired and the price difference for the real battery was shall we say significant. I figured if one out two worked I was still ahead. They all work very well. Getting back to the saw or hedging unit I bought it and a spare pole which is same model at Bunnings. I had to order it in as they didn't have stock but it was only about 3 days to wait. The whole set of my gear hasn't disappointed and even my son and daughters are all now converts if one can use that term. My initial concerns re the straps and balance have virtually all gone as we all became more proficient.One of my daughters is fairly light short build and we thought she mightn't handle it but she loves this stuff now and hates going back to leads and lugging all the extras around. So I hope this in some way answers your query. I did note that Ryobi has altered some model numbers which can be confusing as the two units look pretty much the same. Just note your numbers and order based on that and the system works ok.

Thanks Ken.

Ray H.asked

Can you purchase an Allen key for the pole chain saw

ken

Most allen keys are either metric or imperial and can be bought in various lengths and configurations from Bunnings or hardware stores so if you contact Ryobi maybe they can tell you what size and type you need. Mt guess would be its metric.
If the unit is under 6 years old they may replace it on the extended warrantee if you registerd it when you bought it or have the receipt copy. Being an engineer now retired I haven't dismantled these but it should be easy enough to fix. using a standard key.

Ray H.

Thanks Ken yes realise that but getting 1 with totally different sized ends might be a mission
Cheers

See all Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryHedge Trimmers