Ryobi 500W RLT5030

Ryobi 500W RLT5030 Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Carl C

Carl Casked

line keeps unwinding when operating how do I set it

Aamirch657
Aamirch657

Idea is to wind it really tightly. Use atleast 1.6 mm thick line. That helped me

Ross
Ross

Hi Carl First of all, get the correct line for the trimmer which is 1.6mm twist Powerfit. Second, get the right length: A good way is to measure it from fingertip to fingertip across your body with arms opened out, then using the first line as a measure cut another exactly the same. Thirdly: Wind both lines on at the same time making sure they are anchored into the holes in the spindle and MOST important wind them on in the correct direction. There are arrows printed on the outside of the spool. Fourthly : Wind them on tight and line the ends up with the eyelet holes and pull them through to the outside. Hope this helps. PS There are instructions on YouTube as well.

dialal

dialalasked

is there a harness to fit this model as it is rather heavy to use?

Not that I am aware of.

Ajay

Ajayasked

As replacement is for 1.5mm, can i use 3mm instead ? any suggestions ? will it hold well ?

Mainspring729

I don't now, and would ask at Bunnings.

Damodon
Damodon

I would avoid trying to use a different line. I was told that they 'should' work but when I tried it, I found it to be an expensive failed experiment.

Mal

Malasked

auto line feeding - how do you load the line onto the spool?

Mainspring729

Click the spool out and buy a new spool (twinpack) from Bunnings.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Electric Whipper Snippers