Ryobi 500W RLT5030

1 review

Aamirch657Sydney, NSW

3 in 1 my edger does best job

Whipper sniper is good,
I was given a 0.6 mm string line and it just kept on breaking.
then I tried 1.6mm string line and it works OK with that as well. Only issue is that it doesn't comes with a kill switch which caused an injury. Does the job well for $89. Plus comes with a 4 year replacemnet warranty.

Purchased in March 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds

Carl C

Carl Casked

line keeps unwinding when operating how do I set it

Aamirch657

Idea is to wind it really tightly. Use atleast 1.6 mm thick line. That helped me

Ross
Ross

Hi Carl First of all, get the correct line for the trimmer which is 1.6mm twist Powerfit. Second, get the right length: A good way is to measure it from fingertip to fingertip across your body with arms opened out, then using the first line as a measure cut another exactly the same. Thirdly: Wind both lines on at the same time making sure they are anchored into the holes in the spindle and MOST important wind them on in the correct direction. There are arrows printed on the outside of the spool. Fourthly : Wind them on tight and line the ends up with the eyelet holes and pull them through to the outside. Hope this helps. PS There are instructions on YouTube as well.

dialal

dialalasked

is there a harness to fit this model as it is rather heavy to use?

Not that I am aware of.

Ajay

Ajayasked

As replacement is for 1.5mm, can i use 3mm instead ? any suggestions ? will it hold well ?

Mainspring729

I don't now, and would ask at Bunnings.

Damodon
Damodon

I would avoid trying to use a different line. I was told that they 'should' work but when I tried it, I found it to be an expensive failed experiment.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Electric Whipper Snippers