Ryobi 600W RHT6060

Ryobi 600W RHT6060

MPNs: RHT6060 and RHT6060RS
See the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

northcotetennis60
northcotetennis60Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ryobi Trimmer dead after little use

Used 12-15 times. Tried to use today but dead as a Dodo. Clearly the unit I purchased has failed miserably. Also out of warranty so I guess more junk to landfill.

Allan W
Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Rubbish

When it works it's terrific; trouble is it rarely works. There's an issue with the trigger/start mechanism and poor electrical contacts. I'd been warned against purchasing Ryobi products and now I know why. I did not expect Stihl or Makita/Dolmar quality but I did expect the unit to start/work; it doesn't.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings, Katoomba for $149.00.

Bryce
BryceSydney, NSW

furious

bought this model twice from bunnings, both times they have stopped working within the first 20 minutes of using it. good way to dissapoint the inlaw when the tool doesnt work

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Lewis P.asked

The twin triggers are to sensitive and you get a delay in starting. Any ideas?

Luke U.
Luke U.asked

I'm not sure if I've bought a faulty unit... I think the dual triggers are too sensitive... also didn't like the 1-2 second delay in starting once triggers have been pressed.
Anyone else having issues with sensitivity? will just stop mid use despite both hands clenching triggers with force.

Alan W.
Alan W.

i have been using the same unit for six months and it does the same thing with no ill effects. It does good job on high hedge. The stoppings can be a pain but it gives me a break to clear the cuttings

Lewis P.

Mine does the same. You only have to move you fingers slightly and it stops. Then to start it takes another few seconds to re start

SimonPG
SimonPG

Mine does the same. You just cannot help to slightly change the intensity of your grip as you constantly move around. Cut out of both triggers is far too sensitive and it is a pain as it constantly stops. Big negative for me and I wish I hadn’t bought it. I intend to permanently hold the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie so I have only the left hand trigger to control. Great safety feature Ryobi when you force people to improvise fixes.

Hanz
Hanzasked

What is the piece at the end of the power cord near the plug used for? Is it to hold the plug and an extension lead together? If so how does this work?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryElectric Hedge Trimmers