Ryobi 600W RHT6060

Ryobi 600W RHT6060

MPNs: RHT6060 and RHT6060RS
See the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

northcotetennis60
northcotetennis60Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ryobi Trimmer dead after little use

Used 12-15 times. Tried to use today but dead as a Dodo. Clearly the unit I purchased has failed miserably. Also out of warranty so I guess more junk to landfill.

Allan W
Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Rubbish

When it works it's terrific; trouble is it rarely works. There's an issue with the trigger/start mechanism and poor electrical contacts. I'd been warned against purchasing Ryobi products and now I know why. I did not expect Stihl or Makita/Dolmar quality but I did expect the unit to start/work; it doesn't.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings, Katoomba for $149.00.

Bryce
BryceSydney, NSW

furious

bought this model twice from bunnings, both times they have stopped working within the first 20 minutes of using it. good way to dissapoint the inlaw when the tool doesnt work

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Nice long blade

Works quite well and easy to use. The 600 watt motor is more than enough for domestic use. Probably would have given it five stars if it wasn’t for that my hedge in places is at head height and it can be a little tiresome at times, on a lower hedge it would be perfect

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings for $169.00.

Electric Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 600W RHT6060 compares to other Electric Hedge Trimmers

Susan
SusanPerth, WA

Bloody good little machine

I would have given it a 5 star rating, except trying to get the sheath on, as a woman I found a little difficult.

Other than that, being able to change the cutting angle is brilliant!! The blade is long and can cut through some fairly heavy branches. It's powerful enough for me!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Lewis P.asked

The twin triggers are to sensitive and you get a delay in starting. Any ideas?

Luke U.
Luke U.asked

I'm not sure if I've bought a faulty unit... I think the dual triggers are too sensitive... also didn't like the 1-2 second delay in starting once triggers have been pressed.
Anyone else having issues with sensitivity? will just stop mid use despite both hands clenching triggers with force.

Alan W.
Alan W.

i have been using the same unit for six months and it does the same thing with no ill effects. It does good job on high hedge. The stoppings can be a pain but it gives me a break to clear the cuttings

Lewis P.

Mine does the same. You only have to move you fingers slightly and it stops. Then to start it takes another few seconds to re start

SimonPG
SimonPG

Mine does the same. You just cannot help to slightly change the intensity of your grip as you constantly move around. Cut out of both triggers is far too sensitive and it is a pain as it constantly stops. Big negative for me and I wish I hadn’t bought it. I intend to permanently hold the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie so I have only the left hand trigger to control. Great safety feature Ryobi when you force people to improvise fixes.

Hanz
Hanzasked

What is the piece at the end of the power cord near the plug used for? Is it to hold the plug and an extension lead together? If so how does this work?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Features

• The 60cm blade length is longer than a standard hedge trimmer for domestic use, allowing it to cover more surface area with each sweep.
  • The 28cm or 1.1-inch cutting capacity allows the trimmer to cut branches of around this thickness.
  • Double-sided blades allow for more power and efficiency when cutting.
  • An adjustable rear handle function offers 5 different angles, allowing you to position the trimmer in the best way possible to cut from the side, front, above or below eye level.
  • Designed with an accessible front trigger that makes this hedge trimmer more ergonomically friendly to operate.
  • Also includes a hedge sweep attachment and a blade sheath.
CategoryElectric Hedge Trimmers