Worked fine until it caught fire!
Have used the Ryobi hedge trimmer sparingly over the past 2 years and it was doing a great job until it stopped recently. I turned it on again a week later to see if the fault was terminal and it caught fire!
I am pretty disappointed as it looks like a new product, I did look after it but I guess you get what you pay for!
Just purchased this trimmer. It works as expected. However the blade guard supplied is a flimsy peice of plastic that would not be worth 10 cents.
The guard is difficult to install.
My previous Ryoba trimmer, that I gave to my son, has a heavy duty blade guard.
Ryobi should be ashamed to supply this piece of trash with quality equipment.
Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.
Great .... until it died just out of Warranty
Thought this was fantastic. Did a great job on the hedges when it was used a few times a year.
However after just over 2 years it simply stopped mid hedge.
Paid a bit more for a name brand so I thought it would last a good while. Sadly this is not the quality product that I thought it was.
Questions & Answers
The twin triggers are to sensitive and you get a delay in starting. Any ideas?
I'm not sure if I've bought a faulty unit... I think the dual triggers are too sensitive... also didn't like the 1-2 second delay in starting once triggers have been pressed.
Anyone else having issues with sensitivity? will just stop mid use despite both hands clenching triggers with force.
i have been using the same unit for six months and it does the same thing with no ill effects. It does good job on high hedge. The stoppings can be a pain but it gives me a break to clear the cuttings
Mine does the same. You only have to move you fingers slightly and it stops. Then to start it takes another few seconds to re start
Mine does the same. You just cannot help to slightly change the intensity of your grip as you constantly move around. Cut out of both triggers is far too sensitive and it is a pain as it constantly stops. Big negative for me and I wish I hadn’t bought it. I intend to permanently hold the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie so I have only the left hand trigger to control. Great safety feature Ryobi when you force people to improvise fixes.
What is the piece at the end of the power cord near the plug used for? Is it to hold the plug and an extension lead together? If so how does this work?
Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives
- The 60cm blade length is longer than a standard hedge trimmer for domestic use, allowing it to cover more surface area with each sweep.
- The 28cm or 1.1-inch cutting capacity allows the trimmer to cut branches of around this thickness.
- Double-sided blades allow for more power and efficiency when cutting.
- An adjustable rear handle function offers 5 different angles, allowing you to position the trimmer in the best way possible to cut from the side, front, above or below eye level.
- Designed with an accessible front trigger that makes this hedge trimmer more ergonomically friendly to operate.
- Also includes a hedge sweep attachment and a blade sheath.
|Category||Electric Hedge Trimmers|
|Blade Length||600 mm|
- MPN: RHT6060 and RHT6060RS