Ryobi 600W RHT6060

Ryobi 600W RHT6060

MPNs: RHT6060 and RHT6060RS
See the Best Electric Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

Alasdair N.
Alasdair N.Illawarra, NSW

Impressed

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

colin
colinQueensland

Great device

More than pleased with the trimmer after a couple of uses,
it certainly makes short work of the bushes being trimmed.
Being electric watch always be aware of the cord and that it is behind and in the correct position for safety.
When holding the trigger down to start it takes a several seconds to get into motion.

ste448
ste448South West, WA

Hedge Happy

The Ryobi 1 600mm hedge trimmer is an excellent product for trimming our lavender and kangaroo paws. Not only does the wider blade keep the cut level it is quick and easy to use.

Orvis
OrvisSydney

Cuts like a samurai sword

With its massive cutting blade this Ryobi plows through hedges with ease. I have used a Stihl petrol powered hedge trimmer before and the Ryobi is much lighter and cuts better. I'm not sure how long it will last given other reviews but it feels very well made for the price. It trims advanced Photinia hedges like a boss but is a little on the noisy side for an electric trimmer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Electric Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ryobi 600W RHT6060 compares to other Electric Hedge Trimmers

Tony Murace
Tony MuraceSydney, NSW

Excellent new model replacing older Ryobi

After 10 years, our previous ryobi electric hedger began to play up. 10 years is a fantastic life span for a tool. Looked up latest Ryobi on offer and purchased this one. This is slightly bigger than the previous model, but upgraded with a glide over blades when trimming, so that when you trim, the cuttings fall onto the glide and fall off instead of getting stuck in the cutting blades- Great idea. Seems more powerful and I have enjoyed using this in the last 2 trims .

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Jer
Jer

Great hedge trimmer

This is my 3rd hedge trimmer. First was an electric bosch then a 2-stroke homelite, now the Ryobi RHT6060RS. I was choosing between this or a low cost petrol model but I think I made the right choice.

For the relatively low price it is a beast. It is long and will cut through quite a lot. It cut the time I spend on my hedges in half and ripped through bushes that my old hedge trimmers wouldn't make a dent in.

The head can be rotated 45 and 90 degrees so you don't have to tilt it sideways for a vertical cut. It also has a plastic guide over the blade to move leaves out of the way as you work. No noise issues - its quieter than my old petrol trimmer.

Quality build as expected by Ryobi. Very pleased with it so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Lewis P.asked

The twin triggers are to sensitive and you get a delay in starting. Any ideas?

Luke U.
Luke U.asked

I'm not sure if I've bought a faulty unit... I think the dual triggers are too sensitive... also didn't like the 1-2 second delay in starting once triggers have been pressed.
Anyone else having issues with sensitivity? will just stop mid use despite both hands clenching triggers with force.

Alan W.
Alan W.

i have been using the same unit for six months and it does the same thing with no ill effects. It does good job on high hedge. The stoppings can be a pain but it gives me a break to clear the cuttings

Lewis P.

Mine does the same. You only have to move you fingers slightly and it stops. Then to start it takes another few seconds to re start

SimonPG
SimonPG

Mine does the same. You just cannot help to slightly change the intensity of your grip as you constantly move around. Cut out of both triggers is far too sensitive and it is a pain as it constantly stops. Big negative for me and I wish I hadn’t bought it. I intend to permanently hold the trigger switch in the on position with a cable tie so I have only the left hand trigger to control. Great safety feature Ryobi when you force people to improvise fixes.

Hanz
Hanzasked

What is the piece at the end of the power cord near the plug used for? Is it to hold the plug and an extension lead together? If so how does this work?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Features

• The 60cm blade length is longer than a standard hedge trimmer for domestic use, allowing it to cover more surface area with each sweep.
  • The 28cm or 1.1-inch cutting capacity allows the trimmer to cut branches of around this thickness.
  • Double-sided blades allow for more power and efficiency when cutting.
  • An adjustable rear handle function offers 5 different angles, allowing you to position the trimmer in the best way possible to cut from the side, front, above or below eye level.
  • Designed with an accessible front trigger that makes this hedge trimmer more ergonomically friendly to operate.
  • Also includes a hedge sweep attachment and a blade sheath.
CategoryElectric Hedge Trimmers