Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H Questions & Answers

MPN: OLM1840H

5 questions from our users

robfolasked

Hello, I have a Ryobi OLM1840H Mower, been fine abut this year will not start. The two 5A batteries are both fine. Both green lights in battery bay light up but the motor will not turn. Any help appreciated.

Donna A.

Donna A.asked

I bought a new Ryobi One + and for the first two mows it was hard to know if it was actually on, as it was so quiet. On the third mow it became a lot noisier - sounding more like a traditional petrol mower. It has been noisy ever since. How do I go back to it being a quiet/noiseless mower ? I have a small lawn which takes no more than 15 minutes to mow, so I always have enough battery power and I mow it regularly on the 2nd to highest setting available, so the blades are never under pressure from the grass being too long.

nicoledzikowski

nicoledzikowskiasked

Hi there,
my sisters and i put some money together and purchased my mum a Ryobi chordless lawnmower. Since mum already had a fair few of the other products. However. None of us thought of getting the battery pack for the lawn mower. When i look at the prices they are well into the $200 mark which currently non of us can afford. I had a quick look on Ebay and Gum tree and there are a few for sale however i am unsure if this is the way to go. Would anyone recommend buying that way as the cheaper option or steer well clear for the very reason i am dreading.

Any advice would help? :)

Ian Mayne
Ian Mayne

I am the original poster. I would be sceptical of second hand batteries as all batteries, including lithium-ion have limited shelf life, hence Ryobi only guaranteeing these batteries for 3 years. Also, if they've been completely discharged, this will negatively affect the electrlytics and hence battery life. Unlike ni-cad batteries, lithium-ion don't have a 'memory' and are best not be discharged to a low level. I would not buy second hand batteries for the above reasons as you can't tell how they've been used.
By the way, I purchased new batteries for the original 36V one+ mower, but this didn't help. I then purchased the " newly designed" 18V one+ mower, which has so far performed flawlessly.

Assaji

Assajiasked

Would it be able to cover 300 sq m of lawn?

D.Ablett
D.Ablett

If you put in two of the latest 5Ah batteries you'd do it easy. I used to mow my small 60m3 lawn with two of the old type smaller batteries and still have charge to use the line trimmer for the edges. I upgraded my batteries to the latest and the mower cuts twice as good due to the higher output.

Ken61
Ken61

I have 2 x 4Ah batteries and live on a 670 sq m block of land. Our lawns would be more than 300 sq m and I can comfortably mow the back and front with enough power left in the batteries for the snipper and the blower. So, i would say YES. 5 Ah batteries were not available when I bought the mower but they would be even better.

robfol

Should do with the bigger 5AH batteries. Mine is doing really well even on long wet grass. Just have to clean underside occasionally. Great to be able to swap batteries to Hedge trimmer and drills to. It's a great system.

Charm

Charmasked

How do you clean the mower after mowing?

A.M. McIvor
A.M. McIvor

I use a blower then a brush on the grass that has stuck, it is recommended using a brush (dry) no water or hose washing

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives