Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H

Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H (page 2 of 2)

MPN: OLM1840H

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.8

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Batteries die in 20 minutes

I upgraded to this mower from an electric mower as the cord was problematic. It came with 2 batteries. I would not recommend this mower to anyone on a block the size of ours which is only a tiny 400sqm. It mows beautifully for maximum 20 minutes and then dies. The batteries take hours to recharge and as I only have one recharger I need to wait twice as long to recharge both batteries. Ryobi.....you need to make it clear to customers that they need 4 batteries and multiple rechargers as what is supplied is definitely not sufficient to complete the job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

D.AblettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tesla sports car of mowers

D.Ablett

4 years on and this mower still works like a dream. I bought a couple of new batteries recently and the mower absolutely powers along. Very good purchase.

robfolMelbourne, VIC

Perfect for my relatively small but rough and hard to reach lawns

Ryobi ONE+ Lawn Mower using 2 x 18V batteries to power the ONE+ Lawn Mower
I already have Ryobi ONE+ 18v drills and tools so this was a no-brainer, but the reviews here helped me decide. To my pleased surprise it coped well with our rough unkept lawn, was light and easy to manoeuvre and my existing 2.4aH batteries lattes at least 20 minutes cutting time. Best thing is that it is incredibly quiet. I may add a pair of 5aH batteries to my system next year.

robfol

UPDATE. Still doing very well in wet weather. Bought pair of 5ah batteries which let me do all round house and sides.

Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how Ryobi ONE+ OLM1840H compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

Ken61

Ken61Sydney

12 Months now

I have had this model mower for over 12 months now and still very happy with it. I have a solar panel and batteries that i use to recharge the batteries so that I am mowing "emissions free". I also put it into the back of my car with ease thanks to the handy carry handle to mow my mother in-laws lawn. I find that on a full charge, that with the two batteries (4 ah) I am able to mow front and back lawn with ease (with the grass catcher attached) and still have a fair bit of charge left for the whipper sniper and blower. All in all, very happy 12 months on. It is also light to use and very quiet.

A.M. McIvor

A.M. McIvorLeongatha

Hyper

Ryobi ONE+ Lawn Mower using 2 x 18V batteries to power the ONE+ Lawn Mower.
It comes with 400mm cutting path, mulching plug, ergonomic handles, low vibration and low noise.
Best purchase I have made in some time, 50-60 minute run time and excellent catcher, light and easy to push.
Bonus is being able to use the batteries in power tools.
Advice is to use the 5Ah batteries for even better performance as I'm using the 4Ah.

5 months on.... still no complaints, its so easy, light, and fast ..... even my kids are using it (girls, 18 &19) and find it easy.
1.5 years later and I've upgraded to the 5ah batteries, still no issues with the mower.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

robfolasked

Hello, I have a Ryobi OLM1840H Mower, been fine abut this year will not start. The two 5A batteries are both fine. Both green lights in battery bay light up but the motor will not turn. Any help appreciated.

Donna A.

Donna A.asked

I bought a new Ryobi One + and for the first two mows it was hard to know if it was actually on, as it was so quiet. On the third mow it became a lot noisier - sounding more like a traditional petrol mower. It has been noisy ever since. How do I go back to it being a quiet/noiseless mower ? I have a small lawn which takes no more than 15 minutes to mow, so I always have enough battery power and I mow it regularly on the 2nd to highest setting available, so the blades are never under pressure from the grass being too long.

nicoledzikowski

nicoledzikowskiasked

Hi there,
my sisters and i put some money together and purchased my mum a Ryobi chordless lawnmower. Since mum already had a fair few of the other products. However. None of us thought of getting the battery pack for the lawn mower. When i look at the prices they are well into the $200 mark which currently non of us can afford. I had a quick look on Ebay and Gum tree and there are a few for sale however i am unsure if this is the way to go. Would anyone recommend buying that way as the cheaper option or steer well clear for the very reason i am dreading.

Any advice would help? :)

Ian Mayne
Ian Mayne

I am the original poster. I would be sceptical of second hand batteries as all batteries, including lithium-ion have limited shelf life, hence Ryobi only guaranteeing these batteries for 3 years. Also, if they've been completely discharged, this will negatively affect the electrlytics and hence battery life. Unlike ni-cad batteries, lithium-ion don't have a 'memory' and are best not be discharged to a low level. I would not buy second hand batteries for the above reasons as you can't tell how they've been used.
By the way, I purchased new batteries for the original 36V one+ mower, but this didn't help. I then purchased the " newly designed" 18V one+ mower, which has so far performed flawlessly.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives