Ryobi ONE+ 18V Sprayer

Ryobi ONE+ 18V Sprayer Questions & Answers

31 questions from our users

ben pawlak

ben pawlakasked

One year old, used twice, always cleaned, battery charged now and won't spray, what's the problem, ben

Audra

Audraasked

My Ryobi chemicals sprayer sprays and then trickles the chemical. Battery is fully charged. How do I fix it?

Brian J.

Disconnect the intake tube. Then either blow it out or use something sharp, but be careful of the filter, to clean the filter off. After I did that my sprayer started working again with no problem.

Robert S.

Robert S.asked

My Ryobi 18v cordless sprayer won’t stop spraying when handle is released. The button under trigger is sticking in the down (spray) position. Is there a fix for this?

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

I have the Ryobi 1 gallon electric sprayer, worked great last year and after sitting it will not spray the liquid, I blew out the hoses and air is come out the handle and I blew into the hose that goes into the liquid but still will not spray out. Any help?

teresa

teresaasked

I have a P2804 sprayer. It is leaking out the bottom really bad. Only 1 year old. What is the best way to get it repaired or exchange it for a new one?

Brian J.

Make sure the hose connection is tightly screwed into the tank. If it's even a little loose it will leak a lot.

Doug

Dougasked

Hi. I have a small detailing business. I own every tool ryobi makes except the lawn mower! The 18v system has never failed on any tool ever. I do not bothering registering them because they are so reliable. I bought 2 1gal sprayers. Both failed within a week of each other. I rely on these tools to make my living. I did not save the receipt, but I ordered them and picked them up at home depot. I really really really need help getting these exchanged. I dont think I have even had them for a year? Please help me!!!! Home depot said to call you direct. Its not the batterry, i clean them after EVERY use!!!! HELLLPPPPPP!

Chris
Chris

How did they fail? Look at my post talking about cleaning the tiny screen at the end of the siphon tube. Mine stopped up & I had to take it out & clean it. I don't know the nature of your problem but maybe this will help!

Edward C.
Edward C.

Doug, I emailed Ryobi and they said send me the model number and serial number and my address and we will send you a brand new one. They don't want the old one back. This seems to me that they are embarrassed that they produced a whole production run of crap. Or, the design is defective. I hope not or the new one will be just as bad. There is a 3-year warranty. Their email address is: reviews@ryobitools.com Good luck! Edward in the USA

Helen M

Helen Masked

Brand new Ryobi battery operated weed sprayer just took it out of box, number one had trouble getting liquid to come out, got that going now motor wont work, battery is fully charged , now what ! Please advise?

bewdynewk
bewdynewk

Return it for a refund fast! I've had 3 of these under warranty with various problems. Got a refund on the last one rather than swap for new. Not built well enough.

Kids F.

Kids F.asked

My weed sprayer not spraying. It battery work, any idea why?

Christine B

Christine Basked

My Sprayer is approximately 2 years old and recently became hard to start using the on off button. Now it will not start even with a fresh battery. Can you advise if it can be fixed?

dmanjazz
dmanjazz

Probably, the warranty is usually 3 years. That would mean ryobi would repair it free. If not you have to decide if the cost of having it repaired is worth it or just buying a new one. Good luck

Nora R

Nora Rasked

This is the third time I’ve taken it apart to find out why my sprayer doesn’t spray? What can I do to get it sprayed?

Kim J.

Kim J.asked

Used 1 season quit spraying - exchanged for a new one - used 1 season and same results - what’s up with this????

BuddM

BuddMasked

My unit is one year old. My wand has sprung several pinholes. I had been using it with bleach to wash mold. Is bleach too strong a chemical to be used?

eddy

my pump will not pump that water up the motor works good just will not pump any thing up from the container can you help me please thanks eddy

what can I do to fix it

Steve T.

Steve T.asked

Used once, cleaned and put away. Tried to use it and motor won't run. Using fresh battery.
What's the problem?

Dan K.

Most likely it's a defective on-off switch. Take it back with your receipt to Home Depot for a replacement.

Yard stuff

Yard stuffasked

Motor is running, nothing is clogged still won’t spray. Ryobi P2800 chemical sprayer. Any help?

Dennis

Mine doesn't have a problem

mr i.
mr i.

um....he said it's running so it isn't the switch

Trev

Trevasked

I have the 3.5 litre sprayer used it twice worked great but somehow the black plastic measuring cap has broken where can I purchase a new one please

pjnair

I had similar issue -- Ryobi asked to place an order for the part with the service desk at Bunnings. Mine was within warranty so i just did a replacement with Bunnnings

Dennis

I use mine regularly to spray tomatoes - never had a problem.
But if I did I would take it back to Bunnings - I think the warranty is about 3 years.

TJ Scott

TJ Scottasked

What warranty is on this product? bought mine 24/01/2017 at Bunnings

pjnair

its a 2 year warranty but if you registered the product online - its 3 years.

Jocelynasked

Why, after doing two lots of spraying, I went to flush with water and nothing happens. Motor running but no fluid coming through. The tubing from unit to end is all clear. What could be wrong?

Dennis

I have no idea - my sprayer works perfectly.

Jocelyn

You obviously have no real understanding of this product therefore not competent to help. The fact that your sprayer works well for you is irrelevant.

Wolfasked

My weed sprayer was purchased 2 years ago and worked very well although I found the switch hard to operate. It was only used twice. It didn't come on at all today. Tried a couple of different batteries in case that was the Issue. No luck. Any suggestions?

john wilson

It looks like a faulty switch,I had a similar problem with a blower I contacted Ryobi and was told there was not a switch spare part available and to return the whole tool and they replaced the whole tool !! I met up with the Ryobi rep and had a coffee and I explained my situation and he said Ryobi wanted the whole tool back to check it out. I got a brand new blower for the sake of replacing a $2.00 switch. No complaints here Ryobi warranty was first rate.

Wolf

That would be acceptable for me too.

Jak

Jakasked

This my third ryobisprayer
Turn the pump on and nothing comes out. Have cleaned all parts
It does leak chemical all over me. Even though everything is tightened. Duty of care ryobi. Round up all over a person is not good.

ecco

I had two of them, both had a problem with the battery system. After the second one I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to use the product any more as it was faulty. I just use a hand sprayer now.

john wilson

Hi Jak take it back and get your money back , these sprayers are the worst product Ryobi has put out there on the market and it's a world wide problem, I use Sylvan sprayers. I like Ryobi tools on the whole my wife and I have all the gardening ones in the 18volt and I have several in the petrol variety same as electric but petrol has way more power and is much quicker. Cheers John

Muhammad I.
Muhammad I.

Yep this sprayer is junk. The internal pump valve is very delicate.

Mike

Mikeasked

I am really disappointed with the performance of my Ryobi spray ... it sprays for a little while then dribbles Any idea please? Have heaps of other Ryobi stuff and faultless

ecco

I found the same thing too. When it worked it goes well. But when the battery fitting got hard to use I returned it for another one that had the same issue. A shame as the idea is good.

john wilson

Hi Mike Like you I have heaps of their products they all perform well. I wrote a review on this product it's the worst tool Ryobi have marketed look it up. I took mine back and purchased a Sylvan brand electric sprayer it's the best I own.

James J.
James J.

I have returned 3 of them and will return #4 tomorrow. Same problem everyone else is having. Very disappointing Ryobi product!

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives