Ryobi R18SV7

MPN: R18SV7

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.8

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (9) · No (7)
  • Battery Life
Madmatt

MadmattHamilton

Fatally flawed product though has some good points

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$299.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Teresa L.

Teresa L.Darling Downs, QLD

Very good and affordable

I use my Ryobi stick vacuum cleaner on tiles and carpets. So more convenient than my regular vacuur cleaner regarding no cords and easy to use, especially with exstra fittings and light - easy to reach small areas and under beds where my regular vacuum doesn't fit. As we got plenty of Ryobi products and extra batteries, I never run out power.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$399.00.

Briana

BrianaSoutheast, SA

Worst stick vac I have ever used.

Worst stick vac I have ever used. after only about 30 seconds of use it looses suction and then spits out everything it's already sucked. I don't believe any of the positive reviews on here as it definitely does not have a high suck even right at the start when empty.

Purchased for A$349.00.

Product is used Rarely

Lea

LeaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pretty handy

Tile, floorboards and carpet were all vacuumed well with this, best if you have a couple of batteries to swap over half way through and empty it just to keep it working at its optimum. I have a Dyson that I normally use and this did a fantastic job for the money. The power head is great and it’s fantastic for under furniture. The only thing I would say is the attachments could fit a little better but in many ways more useful than my Dyson. Very happy with this as a product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$300.00.

Brad

BradMelb

Handy vac

Bought not long ago and was impressed by suction. Used regularly with a 5amp battery.
A little on heavy side so prob better with a 2amp battery for weight.
Lot cheaper than Dyson with comparable effectiveness according to Choice.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Lolitha R.

Lolitha R.Southwest, VIC

wow. This is so powerful.

I think people complaining about not powerful should upgrade their battery as 5AH battery and upward gives more power to perform. This gets all the tiny particles in carpet. Yes it's bit noisy like a jet engine but this is the tool for me. Only cons would be bin size.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$249.00.

Product is used Weekly
B Rett

B Rett

Don’t believe the positive reviews

Vinyl planking & low-pile carpet. It became evident in the first few weeks that we had been duped by the online ratings as this vacuum did not live up to the hype.
This unit should come with complimentary hearing protection!
On-board tools are not very versatile, the wand connections very difficult to pull apart.
When you turn it off and pick it up, all dirt stuck in the head unit falls back onto the ground.
Flimsy and not durable, spinning turbo head no longer spins, meaning it has limited suction ability
The only good thing about this stick vacuum was the battery life.
Did I mention noisy?!

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Floor Type Linoleum
Tony

TonySydney, NSW

A great cordless stick vac and the ability to use my Ryobi One batteries is icing on the cake

This is a very good stick vac. Replaced a Hoover stick vac with this vac and it is chalk and cheese. Picks up way more stuff out of the carpet. Cleaning out the dust canister is easy. Cleaning the filter is a bit more effort but straightforward. Using the Ryobi One batteries is great - if I run out of juice half way around the house I just slip on the second battery and keep going. Highly recommended.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$269.00.

Gavin B

Gavin BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good product

Purchased this stick vac about 12 months ago and use it on all sorts of surfaces in our cleaning businesses.
Positives are ease of use and dual mode power head (on/off), although a little heavy with a 6AHR battery. It does CGD and loop pile carpets with ease and switch off the power head for hard surfaces. Battery changing is awesome and emptying the box is easy. Parts are easy to get.
Negatives are the noise is a little piercing and loud. The entrance to the filter box is a bit small and sometimes get blocked. Not great on really thick carpets. Performs better than most other stick vacs in the price bracket and using the batteries from the other 18v one+ Range is a bonus.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$279.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Daniel M.

Daniel M.South East Queensland, QLD

Best stick vacuum we have used

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$269.00.

Goodie

GoodieHunter Region, NSW

Still don't like stick vacs

I've used heaps of stick vacs and this is one of the better ones, but still not fussed on it.
It's good for running over the floors daily. If you have a dog, it will soon fill up.
It's fairly noisy and not very pleasant audibly.
Don't bother using on carpet.
It's useless without the power head too e.g. trying to vacuum the car.
It does last a while on a charge, and the option to swap out batteries is great.
At the price through, wish I'd bought a cheaper stick vac and a ryobi shop vac for doing the cars

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$289.00.

Floor Type Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
AYam

AYamNSW, 2125

Solid Vacuum cleaner

Purchased in October 2019 for A$349.00.

HayleyM

HayleyM

Better battery life than a dyson

I bought this for my work in real estate. I can keep it in my car and use it here and there and charge the battery once a week.
Most of them only last 20 mins.
I did upgrade and buy the larger battery instead though.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
KateA

KateAVictoria

Wouldn't bother

Apart from what seems to be good suction, there is not anything I like about this vacuum. Firstly, it is very heavy. Secondly, the handle is too short and cannot be extended. Lastly, does not perform on rug. I am taking it back for a refund

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$349.00.

DeniseS

DeniseSLaunceston

Very good for the money

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Svetlana

Svetlana

Lightweight and easy to use.

I really like this vacuum cleaner, it's great for stairs, great for my car because it's cordless and can be made into a hand held vac. It has a brush and crevice tool with an attachment to keep them altogether in the stick so you don't lose them. There is a stand so that you can create a charging station and the battery last longer than a lot of other cordless vacs. It has enough guts to do my carpet and then slides easily over my tiles for that quick clean.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$349.00.

Michael G.

Michael G.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Highy Recommend

It may be abit more heavier and abit more louder but it puts our Dyson to Shame. Since day dot from coming out of the box the Ryobi R18SV7 has preformed far better than it's revel Dyson. Recommend to everyone.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$260.00.

Paddlepop

Great power tools but their Stick vacuum falls short.

I purchased a Ryobi R18SV7 a month ago and have found it to be disappointing.
I have a hard floor throughout my home.
Suction I give it only 2 out of 5.
Vacuuming of rugs I give it 0 out of 5 as the slightest bit of fluff stops the brush from spinning.

Most of my power tools that I use are Ryobi and can't fault them which is why I bought it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

S TamSydney, NSW

Loud, but powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mick

Mick

Heavy and noisy

We bought this vacuum to use for cleaning the car and our caravan and ended up taking it back. Full praise to Bunnings tho for the no hassle return of it .
The vacume was very heavy and became hard to hold after a while when cleaning the car, the weight wasn't much of a problem when using in full vacume length.
The vacume makes a loud ear piercing niose constantly that was impossible to deal with.

All up very disappointed it is no comparison to our basic Dyson stick vac for the same sort of $

This is the firs Ryobi one+ product ive been not happy with as i have many and have usually full praise for the brand

Date PurchasedAug 2018