Ryobi R18SV7

Ryobi R18SV7 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: R18SV7

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.7

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (10) · No (9)
  • Battery Life

Paddlepop

Great power tools but their Stick vacuum falls short.

I purchased a Ryobi R18SV7 a month ago and have found it to be disappointing.
I have a hard floor throughout my home.
Suction I give it only 2 out of 5.
Vacuuming of rugs I give it 0 out of 5 as the slightest bit of fluff stops the brush from spinning.

Most of my power tools that I use are Ryobi and can't fault them which is why I bought it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

S TamSydney, NSW

Loud, but powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mick

Mick

Heavy and noisy

We bought this vacuum to use for cleaning the car and our caravan and ended up taking it back. Full praise to Bunnings tho for the no hassle return of it .
The vacume was very heavy and became hard to hold after a while when cleaning the car, the weight wasn't much of a problem when using in full vacume length.
The vacume makes a loud ear piercing niose constantly that was impossible to deal with.

All up very disappointed it is no comparison to our basic Dyson stick vac for the same sort of $

This is the firs Ryobi one+ product ive been not happy with as i have many and have usually full praise for the brand

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Ryobi R18SV7 compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

David A.

David A.NSW, 2370

Good value, great job, beats Dyson

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Wes

WesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New vacuum added to the family

Denise Hasked

Overall I am not unhappy with the Ryobi on carpet.. it seems to fluff up the carpet nicely and is easy to use.. (much better than having a cord).. but I really struggle with getting the right combination of the filter and pre-filter in.. are there any sites to look at how to install? It needs cleaning out every time I use it, so it would be great to get this sorted?

Paddlepop

There is a YouTube video.
I had problems the first time also.

Hi Denise,

Mine came pre-installed... And you are not supposed to wash the paper filter but can wash the prefilter. I have actually taken it apart many times to wash the plastic dust box as well with no problem.

Have a look at the picture on your manual and see if you can find clues. If things fit nicely, then you should be on the right track. If you have to force things in, then chances are you're probably not doing the right thing.

Denise H

Didn’t get a manual, would never wash a paper filter and know not to force. Can someone give me the link please?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives