Ryobi RBV2400ES

Ryobi RBV2400ES

RBV2400ESF and RBV2400ESMP

See the Best Electric Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

worst machine that they have ever produced, Heavy does not suck and clean..

Had a blower sucker for 20 years, did the job, having this blower is like taking a Elephant gun to hunt Quail, over size, over weight. too noisy and leaves more leafs then it picks up

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $140.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Fantastic purchase

The vacuum is a decent size, I don’t need to lean over to use it, and the strap helps me to hold the unit for I have severe back problems, so I’m very happy. Also the performance is fantastic the suction is great, and the mulch was fine. Definitely recommend this unit.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Noise Level
Safety

A Disappointing Replacement of a Great Older Unit

This was a replacement of much older Ryobi electric blower vac that had lasted our family for at least 5 years and performed very well. First reaction was very positive, a lighter constructed product than the earlier model nd the variable power dial a fingers touch away was a nice bit of product design.

Unfortunately my post purchase positive glow quickly evaporated when I noticed it was leaving a debris trail of heavier materials (sand and small sticks) and then I got my first electric shock.

My first thought it was a defective unit and I should shut it down immediately but it didn't seem to make sense before I realised it was repeated static shocks. My wife had a go and immediately put it down say she couldn't use it.

I suspect the unit should be operated with the wheels touching the ground to earth the product rather than vacuuming just above the surface. I didn't have the same problem with the older model and I didn't bother to read the operating instructions as I was disappointed with the debris trail being left behind as I vacuumed our patio.

I had a quick look online to see whether mine was an isolated experience before getting confirmation there appears to be some design issues with the product. I have returned the product and Bunnings staff were good enough to offer a refund. I'm now searching online for a better reviewed product.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Can't even suck up dried possum poo

It's really a summary of every one else's findings (I have only used the vacuum):
o Big and noisy
o Has real trouble sucking up anything
o Blows dust everywhere when started up
o Deposits rubbish when you switch it off

Avoid and from what I can see, maybe avoid Ryobi completely.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Plain rubbish, save your money.

It has terrible suction, can,t handle sand and leaves crumbs all over the place. On startup you get a great cloud of dust, great for any washing.I have not used the blower as yet, but hopefully that part will work ok, time will tel.l I will not be supporting Ryobi again.
Purchased at Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Piece of crap

Do not buy doesn't suck at all won't even pick up sand, leaves crumbs everywhere, weak as. Blows good that's about it. Go spend the couple of hundred buck more on something else. Will not be buying another Ryobi product again. Very disappointed had been very happy with cordless tools for the price though.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Fantastic light weight easy to use.

I find it easy to use, I was expecting it to be bad following other reviews, thankfully I went ahead and tried it myself. I absolutely love it, I use it only for the vacuum really and it's brilliant, rolls along on the wheels and really you only feel a slight weight of the battery end. I still use the small garden blower for tidying up but have also flicked this onto blow occasionally, it's great, no need to detach any bits from the vacuum to use the blower it's just fine as it is leaving it whole. Also bought the edger on the same day, my ryobi family is growing and I love it. I can use all of it easily which is so important to me. Makes my garden spotless and I suffer from other people's leaves, so it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Terrible product

This is obviously a Bunnings exclusive, and for that, Bunnings should be ashamed of themselves for letting a totally useless product like this to make it onto their shelf. Where is the quality control at Bunnings? What is happening down at RYOBI? It used to be a brand I considered to be of a very high quality, with great integrity.
My previous RYOBI blower vac was fantastic. By contrast, this RYOBI is absolutely awful.
I’ve had it a couple of years now and every time I use it I promise myself I’ll take it back to Bunnings and have a dummy spit.
For starters, it’s just way too big and cumbersome. They knew this when they designed it so they put a couple of pathetic wheels underneath so you can wheel it around.
I have three main gripes with this unit.
My old RYOBI had a leaf bag that clicked/snapped onto the unit. It had a nice hard plastic housing that allowed this.
This unit has a pathetic rubber housing that you kind of have to awkwardly slide over a piece of tubing and then clamp from the other side. It’s not very secure at all and keeps unhitching spilling leaves and rubbish.
The other thing that’s infuriating is when in vacuum mode (which isn’t very good either) it will suck away and when you stop it coughs up a little pile of debris that you have to suck up again. It sometimes does this even while it’s sucking such is the poor strength of the vacuum.
Finally the zip on the collection bag is a poor quality and keeps getting stuck when you’re trying to open OR close the bag.
Judging by the majority of other reviews here, I’m not alone with my low opinion of this product.
Shame on you Bunnings for selling this product and shame on RYOBI for a truly awful blower vac.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Terrible vacuum, won't suck bigger leaves

So it will pickup one leaf at a time, the minute you start picking up more then 1 or 2, it block the pipe and you have to manually push the leaves in. Took twice as long clean the yard. Will return the product, not enough power to suck the leaves.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brought at Bunnings on Saturday and returned to Bunnings on Sunday

This blower looked great. On first use found it to be heavy, needed to use ear muffs, the machine would take twice the time to clean up leaves from the 10 year old Ryobi one I had. The bag was awkward to remove and zipper blocks, the suction was poor and produced lots of fine dust. This machine has poor design and not well be engineered. Do not buy this blower vac as it will leave you very disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rubbish

Purchased from Bunnings for me as a gift .... used it once for about 3 minutes only on blower and put it away in the box again. Fortunately I had kept the box and had not used any of the accessories - the Vac /Bag etc - as last evening I tried to use it again and presto ! ! ! no power. It wouldn't switch on .... luckily still under warranty by a couple of months but if I had left it any longer with me not needing to use it at all......would have been out of luck. Don't waste your time, money and effort. I'll be asking for a refund not a replacement for this garbage...

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Don't waste your money on this product

Purchased a Ryobi2400 electric blower vac twelve months ago from Bunnings , it lasted 6 months wouldn't turn on . Unless your over 6ft , the bag drag's on the ground , the zipper stitching falls apart , the premium bag has the same problem ( a complete waste of money). The vac shaft is also too long and needs shorting . Six months ago , I exchanged the first Ryobi for a new one , same problem's all over again. In the process of returning .Save your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ryobi blower/vac - RBV2400ESMP - don't buy this

Bought mine at Bunnings - and have various Ryobi battery tools (won't consider any more now). Ryobi marketing of this plug in electric Blower/Vac makes a big deal of the unit having a stainless steel impeller, the problem is its held onto the shaft by a nylon nut which deforms (turning force) and then allows the impeller to go out of balance (vibration) rendering the unit useless. Pretty bad design IMO.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Not worth dying for

Just over a year ago i had a cardiac arrest followed by a heart attack 3 months later. Today i find myself heading back to the hospital again after this mongrel of a thing gave me a huge electric shock knocking me over and scaring the living daylights out of me. I'm considering talking to a lawyer

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Lasted 2 minutes

Out of the box, I started using the vacuum and after collecting a few leaves, it sucked up a stick (about 1cm thick and 20cm long). This got caught in the extraction fan and burnt the motor out. Completely dead. I got less than 2 minutes use from this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not the best tool in the shed

I have had this Blower/Vac about six months. I use it regularly but it died today. Previous Ryobis I have had (Three) lasted a couple of years each.
This was a very powerful vac. I am not very tall & had to modify if before use. I ditched the wheels & shortened the tube to prevent the bag dragging on the ground. The bag still wore out quickly. After replacing it a couple of times, I just wrapped it in roadies tape. The zipper hemoraged a few times scattering debris everywhere. I also cable tied the bag on to prevent it falling off which was a nusience every time the bag had to be emptied the cable tie had to be replaced.
I also had to shorten the tube that blows leaf litter into the bag to prevent it blocking.
It was the noisiest & heaviest of the four blower vacs I have owned. The plug often fell from my extension cord despite the supplied retainer so I always cable tie the cord to the machine.
This was a really bad machine. So bad that I will never buy another Ryobi Product. I also own a cordless grass trimmer.
Don't get me started on that ☹️

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Very poor quality

I bought this blower vac from Bunnings and when I used the vac option, the shredded leaf litter blew out from the top of the bag onto the verandah and made a big mess. The bag does not seal properly where it meets the main body. Quality control is seriously lacking, the unit does not perform the vac function at all. The unit's power plug kept falling out of the extension lead also, my old blower vac never did this.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Dodgy

Plugged in and tested unit (fan) was working before assembly. Worked ok. Assembled all the pipes and attached to electric unit. Plugged in and fan did not work. Took it back to Bunnings and exchanged for another one. Same thing happened. It was a consideably dearer than the standard Ryobi blower/vac. Paid a premium price and was very very dissapointed because it had all the extra features we were looking for e.g. plug in, wheels, two speed fan.
Experince has put me off buying Ryobi in the future.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Died within a month

Product has died within a month of use, was purchased at Bunnings store.
Ryobi after sales service sucks in australia, there website leads to generic lawn mower repairs with horrible customer service.

A bit heavy to use
Blower is good
Vacuum not so good as it doesnt pick up fine leaves and has to be put really close to the ground to be of any use.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Very poor design of the bag connection

The bag is good, however, it is not hermetically sealed in the connection to the main body. When vacuuming, the shredded litter is blown out around the plastic collar on the bag. This is because there is no washer to seal between the yellow plastic (just where the black snout is connected to the yellow main body) and the black plastic collar on the bag. This is a major omission in the design of this otherwise not too bad garden vacuum cleaner. Bunning replaced under warranty the first machine, however the replacement is even worst!!! Ryobi, please remedy this faulty design and improve your reputation. In the mean time, choose a different brand...

Date PurchasedDec 2016