RBV2400ESF, RBV2400ESMP
See the Best Electric Blower Vacuums in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

• Safety
Peter
PeterBrisbane

Don't waste your money - flimsy & breaks easily

I purchased this unit from Bunnings in March 2019 - I used it a dozen times, and the saftey clip broke - it will no longer run. Poor quality compared to my last Makita blower.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Worst Blower Vac EVER!

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $145.00.

Colin
Colin

Performs worse than a much cheaper Ozito unit

Creates a vortex about 1/2 way up the tube which traps some of what you are trying to suck up. When you release the trigger this promptly falls out the tube making a mess. It can actually also throw light material out of the tube.
Very poor tool. Ryobi should be ashamed.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Moodz
MoodzMid North Coast, NSW

Probably the worst ryobi product i have ever purchased

I purchased the blower/vacuum in November 2019 and had to return the unit as the collection bag seam was not fully sewed together. I May 2020 i was using the unit for the second time when the zipper on the collection bag opened up due to the really poor quality of the zipper. Rubbish product, you cannot even buy a replacement bag, do NOT buy

Purchased in November 2019.

Peter M.
Peter M.

Accurate performance for price. ,

It’s a little unwieldy but I am a big strong beast of a man so it’s not an issue .
It sucks well as long as the material - leaves etc are dry !
Need to empty when the bag is half full for good performance anyway ,
It’s greatest feature is switch from blow to suck in. A second !

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

geoff
geoffSydney, NSW

More noise than vacuum

Very much a disappointment after several other garden tools from this brand. Can't inhale gum nuts, liquid amber nuts.Extremely noisy. The inlet and blower are located together causing some blowback of dust and fine particles. Just a bit flimsy for household use.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Beau S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Electric shocks

I too experienced electric shocks through the handle. This occurred after about the fourth time operating the device. It wasn't particularly painful but I quickly stopped using it in case it could result in electrocution. I've contacted the manufacturer and am awaiting reply. Have also notified Office of the Technical Regulator in South Australia. Suction does not seem great but I don't have another device to compare to. It is heavy and awkward to operate.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $145.00.

Beau S.

Update. Response from Ryobi: "The static is caused by dust getting charged up by static. Cleaning the tubes inside may assist in resolving the issue. We offer a replacement warranty and do not repair the tool".

Charlie
CharlieCanberra 2600, ACT

Painful Shocks

This unit seems to generate static electricity - it builds up to the point where is will zap you to discharge through the handle. It is extremely painful. Static electricity is one thing, but this is next level. I have contacted Ryobi - see what they come back with. The unit is not fit for purpose and it puts the user at risk. I'd suggest that it would be possible that the shocks from this unit could cause someone with a pace maker or heart problem some serious issues.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Barry
BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst appliance purchased

I do not write negative reviews, I just don't buy the maker again, but this appliance is so bad I hope I can save someone from making the same mistake.
The appliance is very poorly designed.
It is too heavy, and can not be used effectively using the front wheels.
Removing and re-attaching the bag is a nightmare.
When using the vacuum, material continually falls out of the tube leaving a bigger mess than when you started.
Think carefully before buying this appliance. A one star rating is overly generous.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Shocking

I had a previous one, which gave me shocks through the handle, I thought it was just faulty, so I exchanged it at Bunnings for a replacement, as I need something this big to handle my leaves. I have only used the new one about 6 times, and now it is giving nasty shocks as well. I checked here and find I am not the only one. My arm is quite sore, and possibly has done some damage.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Dave N.
Dave N.Perth, WA

Good unit, poor design

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $475.00.

Jack
JackSydney, NSW

Worst of worst. Create even more mess!

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $145.00.

Derek
DerekMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst machine that they have ever produced, Heavy does not suck and clean..

Had a blower sucker for 20 years, did the job, having this blower is like taking a Elephant gun to hunt Quail, over size, over weight. too noisy and leaves more leafs then it picks up

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $140.00.

Fantastic purchase

The vacuum is a decent size, I don’t need to lean over to use it, and the strap helps me to hold the unit for I have severe back problems, so I’m very happy. Also the performance is fantastic the suction is great, and the mulch was fine. Definitely recommend this unit.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Craig