Ryobi RBV2400ES

Ryobi RBV2400ES

RBV2400ESF, RBV2400ESMP

See the Best Electric Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Barry

BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst appliance purchased

I do not write negative reviews, I just don't buy the maker again, but this appliance is so bad I hope I can save someone from making the same mistake.
The appliance is very poorly designed.
It is too heavy, and can not be used effectively using the front wheels.
Removing and re-attaching the bag is a nightmare.
When using the vacuum, material continually falls out of the tube leaving a bigger mess than when you started.
Think carefully before buying this appliance. A one star rating is overly generous.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Shocking

I had a previous one, which gave me shocks through the handle, I thought it was just faulty, so I exchanged it at Bunnings for a replacement, as I need something this big to handle my leaves. I have only used the new one about 6 times, and now it is giving nasty shocks as well. I checked here and find I am not the only one. My arm is quite sore, and possibly has done some damage.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Dave N.

Dave N.Perth, WA

Good unit, poor design

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $475.00.

Jack

JackSydney, NSW

Worst of worst. Create even more mess!

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $145.00.

Derek

DerekMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

worst machine that they have ever produced, Heavy does not suck and clean..

Had a blower sucker for 20 years, did the job, having this blower is like taking a Elephant gun to hunt Quail, over size, over weight. too noisy and leaves more leafs then it picks up

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $140.00.

Fantastic purchase

The vacuum is a decent size, I don’t need to lean over to use it, and the strap helps me to hold the unit for I have severe back problems, so I’m very happy. Also the performance is fantastic the suction is great, and the mulch was fine. Definitely recommend this unit.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $139.00.

Craig

CraigPerth

A Disappointing Replacement of a Great Older Unit

Date PurchasedJan 2019

PiersC

PiersCMelbourne

Can't even suck up dried possum poo

It's really a summary of every one else's findings (I have only used the vacuum):
o Big and noisy
o Has real trouble sucking up anything
o Blows dust everywhere when started up
o Deposits rubbish when you switch it off

Avoid and from what I can see, maybe avoid Ryobi completely.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
mikeway

mikewayCraigmore

Plain rubbish, save your money.

It has terrible suction, can,t handle sand and leaves crumbs all over the place. On startup you get a great cloud of dust, great for any washing.I have not used the blower as yet, but hopefully that part will work ok, time will tel.l I will not be supporting Ryobi again.
Purchased at Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Piece of crap

Do not buy doesn't suck at all won't even pick up sand, leaves crumbs everywhere, weak as. Blows good that's about it. Go spend the couple of hundred buck more on something else. Will not be buying another Ryobi product again. Very disappointed had been very happy with cordless tools for the price though.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

bingo

bingoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic light weight easy to use.

I find it easy to use, I was expecting it to be bad following other reviews, thankfully I went ahead and tried it myself. I absolutely love it, I use it only for the vacuum really and it's brilliant, rolls along on the wheels and really you only feel a slight weight of the battery end. I still use the small garden blower for tidying up but have also flicked this onto blow occasionally, it's great, no need to detach any bits from the vacuum to use the blower it's just fine as it is leaving it whole. Also bought the edger on the same day, my ryobi family is growing and I love it. I can use all of it easily which is so important to me. Makes my garden spotless and I suffer from other people's leaves, so it's fantastic. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Skiggy

Skiggy

Terrible product

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Terrible vacuum, won't suck bigger leaves

So it will pickup one leaf at a time, the minute you start picking up more then 1 or 2, it block the pipe and you have to manually push the leaves in. Took twice as long clean the yard. Will return the product, not enough power to suck the leaves.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brought at Bunnings on Saturday and returned to Bunnings on Sunday

This blower looked great. On first use found it to be heavy, needed to use ear muffs, the machine would take twice the time to clean up leaves from the 10 year old Ryobi one I had. The bag was awkward to remove and zipper blocks, the suction was poor and produced lots of fine dust. This machine has poor design and not well be engineered. Do not buy this blower vac as it will leave you very disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rubbish

Purchased from Bunnings for me as a gift .... used it once for about 3 minutes only on blower and put it away in the box again. Fortunately I had kept the box and had not used any of the accessories - the Vac /Bag etc - as last evening I tried to use it again and presto ! ! ! no power. It wouldn't switch on .... luckily still under warranty by a couple of months but if I had left it any longer with me not needing to use it at all......would have been out of luck. Don't waste your time, money and effort. I'll be asking for a refund not a replacement for this garbage...

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Don't waste your money on this product

Purchased a Ryobi2400 electric blower vac twelve months ago from Bunnings , it lasted 6 months wouldn't turn on . Unless your over 6ft , the bag drag's on the ground , the zipper stitching falls apart , the premium bag has the same problem ( a complete waste of money). The vac shaft is also too long and needs shorting . Six months ago , I exchanged the first Ryobi for a new one , same problem's all over again. In the process of returning .Save your money.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ryobi blower/vac - RBV2400ESMP - don't buy this

Bought mine at Bunnings - and have various Ryobi battery tools (won't consider any more now). Ryobi marketing of this plug in electric Blower/Vac makes a big deal of the unit having a stainless steel impeller, the problem is its held onto the shaft by a nylon nut which deforms (turning force) and then allows the impeller to go out of balance (vibration) rendering the unit useless. Pretty bad design IMO.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Phil Hayward

Phil HaywardPerth, WA

Not worth dying for

Just over a year ago i had a cardiac arrest followed by a heart attack 3 months later. Today i find myself heading back to the hospital again after this mongrel of a thing gave me a huge electric shock knocking me over and scaring the living daylights out of me. I'm considering talking to a lawyer

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Lasted 2 minutes

Out of the box, I started using the vacuum and after collecting a few leaves, it sucked up a stick (about 1cm thick and 20cm long). This got caught in the extraction fan and burnt the motor out. Completely dead. I got less than 2 minutes use from this machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Filmore

FilmoreAdelaide

Not the best tool in the shed

Date PurchasedJan 2017