Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

Sausageasked

Where is hammer action?

Johnny Hiroshima
Johnny Hiroshima

This drill does not have a hammer function. It is a drill/driver only.

Rod

Rodasked

Mine has been a great drill... I love it. But - last week, I found I couldn't engage the slower speed. The slide switch only moves from the #2 position to half way between #1 and #2. Power is only there for the #2 position. Any ideas?
Rod

David B.
David B.

It sounds like something inside is mechanically jamming. I think you will have to disassemble it and find out why. Chances are something has dislodged or has broken that selects the gear ratio. Good luck.

Peter

Peterasked

I opened the case to clean out plaster dust and lumps that were blocking the vents. The gearcase came apart unexpectedly and the gears came out! I beleive I have reassembled it correctly but the case wont click closed again. It is only a couple of mm off closing.
What can I do? Can you please help? My wife and I both love this drill. That's why I was cleaning it!

Rick

Rickasked

I have 2 Lithium 1.4 Ah batteries for my Blower, fully charged batteries cut out after about 5 seconds but I turn it off and back on it lasts another 5 seconds. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

gbknackers
gbknackers

You need to use a larger capacity battery i.e. 5Ah

Sam l.

Sam l.asked

Is there a brief delay before the drill fires up?

wanderer
wanderer

No it should start turning as soon as the trigger is pulled

BRP

BRPasked

I have just purchased a Ryobi Compact Drill Driver RCD 1802. The instruction book supplied has 8 pages of which 3 are blank and another, page 6, has Specifications (only). Page 3 is headed 'Safety' and is blank [??].
The diagrams on pages 4 & 5 have no supporting text and are not self-explanatory. Could I please have complete instructions? Brian Perkins

BoneyFish
BoneyFish

Check out https://links.imagerelay.com/cdn/517/ql/f95263bb4ebe4697a458dd380b83fce1/ryobi-R18CK4_LL99P-manual-4.pdf. I am afraid that your manual is complete. The diagrams have no text and are supposed to be self-explanatory.

Maxc5
Maxc5

Suggest you google the 'Ryobi Compact Drill Driver RCD 1802 manual' this will give you the royobi site with the PDF manual.

Wazasked

I'm concerned that with the new 5AH Lithium batteries now available, they could have a tendency to over-tax the existing battery chargers presently used for anything up to 4AH, causing the charger to fail prematurely. Anyone have any ideas or know if this assumption might be correct? I'm basing my query on the fact that two people I'm aware of have used the 5AH battery utilizing their existing 4AH charger and both chargers have cooked themselves on the inside.

Euan
Euan

Yep, the same thing happened to one of my chargers. Something that needs fixing....

Waz

Thanks for your response Owen....that now makes four (4) people I know who have had this happen to this particular Ryobi battery charger. It certainly does need fixing. A response from Ryobi about the charger in question states: The chargers, battery's & tools all have a flame retardant within the plastics just in case of any malfunction so would be unlikely to catch fire & keep burning........ Note the comment only suggests it is 'unlikely' to catch fire and keep burning.

Small comfort to anyone I would think - and no mention about what Ryobi have done - if anything at all - to solve the perceived problem.

Waz

Additional information re the Ryobi Dual chemistry Lithium Ion model BCL14181H fast charger. Bunnings replaced the charger under warranty, (unfortunately with the same model) with the comment that this particular Ryobi charger model was prone to breaking down at any time. I think Ryobi need a swift kick up the clacker for continuing to flog this product knowing full well that in real terms it is an un-saleable product. It needs to be removed from retail shelves and replaced with a charger that's worth the money people pay for it.

Denzo

Denzoasked

Can you undo wheel nuts on a car or caravan with one of these. I don't have the strength I used to change wheels anymore so looking for a tool that will do the hard work for me?

Achtlos
Achtlos

Yes, it's designed to do this.. If it can't, your wheel nuts are too tight.

Grakat

I have undone wheel nuts with mine. It is quite powerful. If in doubt make sure that the battery is fully charged before you try. I think it is around 230NM of torque which is a lot more than what wheel nuts should be tightened when fitted.

Grakat

Go for the impact driver though with the 1/2" square drive. The drill itself won't do it.

pulonium

puloniumasked

Hello reviews, i read this drill has a "2 speed gearbox" does this mean it only has 2 speeds or is the speed adjustable by the trigger pressure?

Rohloffp
Rohloffp

Yes, it has two speeds - low and high, but I think slow and faster is a more appropriate description. You can also vary the speed on each speed setting using the trigger.
Here's a spec sheet:

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives