Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+

Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+ (page 2 of 4)

MPN: RCD18

See the Best Drills in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Pandi

PandiGreenacre

Faulty charger

Our one was purchased on the 27/12/2014, my husband used it very rarely. Last week he tried to charged the battery, but charger failed to charge. Took it to greenacre bunnings they said warranty expired 2 1/2 months ago - therefore we had to buy a new charger for $70. After few discussions with the store manager he charged $20 for the new charger. Very disappointed but had no choice.

David B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This thing is a workhorse - never had any problems.

I don't know why the negative comments. This cordless drill is a workhorse. I have 2 battery packs so I can use one whilst recharging the other. Plenty of torque, great ergonomic design, excellent value for money. I have plastered a few rooms, stirred paint, used it to build a large carport and as support to build a large brick garage. Never given me any problems. Just keeps on working reliably. Chuck is no problem either. Would I buy another one if this one finally chucked it in? No hesitation.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Allan4026

Allan4026Mooloolaba

Warranty

To the people that have had poor customer service with Ryobi, Why use them ??? Go back to the purchase outlet (Bunnings) and make them do it after all thats the law in Australia. the seller Must sort out a warranty claim in the warranty (expected time by yourself is debatable) period. most sellers try to push you to the manufacturers when you don't need too. If you stand your ground and have all your documents they will look after you, they have to!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Andrew060

Andrew060Adelaide

A Great drill

I have 2 of these drills one for home and one for the caravan to help drill tent peg hole when the ground is hard. The battery always as charge when I need it. The drill trigger is easy to control power of this drill and the light works well in dark areas

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Ed

EdCoffs Harbour

Best cordless drill I've ever had!

I couldn't believe how powerful this drill was when I first got it and how long the battery stays charged. I've used it hard for 2 years now and it seems indestructible. Love the smaller battery back up as well.
Also bought, the leaf blower and lantern which is brilliant for camping. Well done Ryobi, great tools well priced.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Rony

Ronybrisbane

Get a grip!

Like most keyless chucks
When gripping around the chuck it has not much grip to hold the drill bit tightly
My idear is to Make the chuck in a slight hex shape in stead of round
Where it will still slip around the hand but give you that extra grip to tighten the bit.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

The Chuck is a DUD

The Chuck is a dud. Drill does all I ask but the chuck loosens allowing bits and drivers to fall out and disappear. Will not grasp some smaller drills. Just love One+ system and Have accumulated many tools including an excellent radio, torch and drill driver. The hand held vacuum is useless.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Goodie

GoodieHunter Region, NSW

Great performance at great price

This was the first purchase in the one+ line and I can't be happier. My drill has copped an absolute flogging. I have had one 2.5 mah battery die after 3 years but I may have caused it (don't use battery as hammer). My drill has fallen off a 3m roof landing square on the top rear and survived. Starting to get a little loose in the chuck (after a couple more encounters with the concrete) but it would now be 6 or 7 years old and runs fine.
Love this stuff. Not quite the power of something like snap-on, Milwaukee, De-walt or even aeg but half the price at least in most cases. I have some of the first gen (blue) one+ stuff and the newer version has much better build quality (fit & finish)

Date PurchasedMay 2011

Great D.I.Y Drill and One+ system #Tradiedad

I live on a property and regularly use my Ryobi 18v One+ Drill and impact driver for projects, yes compared to a Makita or Milwaukee that cost 3 times more, its a little under powered, but it gets the job done. I've built endless amounts of furniture, drilled concrete, re-text screwed my roof and shed and much more, 18 months after I've purchased the set I still cant fault the drill, the batteries or the other 9 cordless One+ tools I have, my only word of advice is to get the 5mah battery for more power and life.
#TradieDad

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

MattieAnnandale, Townsville

Happy with drill but disappointed with charger

I also have same unit purchased in Dec 2014 and today have found the charger BCL14181H to be dead. That's a life of 2 1/2 years. Only half year passed warranty expiry. Not used very often and well looked after. Very disappointed as I thought Ryobi was one of the better quality brands, not a here today gone tomorrow brand.

Franco

Franco

Pretty ordinary. Battrery system failed

I have had this Ryobi one system, only used at home, for about 21/2 years and the charging system has failed. So is that little time all I can expect from this product. I notice that the company says nothing on this site to help customers with their issues. I have had Ryobi products all my life and they have been good, that's why I went with Ryobi with this system. But it seems now that price is all that counts, and if the brand name gets trashed, not to worry. Well "not to worry" means that Ryobi has lost me. I should have checked the feedback on this site before I bought. Next time I will.

Baz

Baz

Tools are Rubbish Ryobi, as is your C.S.

Not worth it. Chuck does not hold loosens at will (I've lost numerous bits). Fine drill bits slide down into the drill, I have had to carefully get them out with pliers. The batteries life either is rubbish or the charge-hold is awful.
ALDI cost less, or purchase another brand, Makita Bosch.
CS. blamed me for not charging properly or tightening the chuck, I enjoy a bit of DIY so I am aware of how to use tools, then Ryobi refused to respond.
Rubbish tools and CS. Don't throw away your money

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Cordless drill batteries

Purchased a cordless drill with 2 batteries and its hopeless. The batteries have not much life. Can fully charge them and still can't finish a small job
Thought it might be a faulty batteries and contacted Ryobi and they have not contacted me back. Poor customer service. Will not purchase another Ryobi

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Not good at all

I got the drill driver and after putting up with the chuck loosening its self for 18 months, the drill finally packed in for good. Stupidly I brought another handset then the battery packed up. Not bad for DIY but no good for trade use. There are far better products on the market.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
WRL

WRLFrenchs Forest

As good as the rest

This drill is exceptionally priced for what it delivers. No home handyman should need anything more than the Ryobi. I have had mine for three years now and it performs exceptionally. The most important thing is buying good quality drills and bits. Previously had Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, and many other. Sure they are good but this is just as good ... and for much less money. Happy drilling.

wanderer

wandererVictoria, Australia

R is for rubbish =R is for Ryobi

The chuck will loosen and the drill bit will fall out Ryobi have known about this fault for years and still get away with selling this-not fit for the purpose sold-if ACCC did what l pay them- this faulty drill would have been forced from sale and a large fine-sigh-also both my batteries are now disintergrating around the active-negative posts with minimal use-l have taped around the posts to stop further damage-anyone else having this problem.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

P.O.S

Great job Techtronics industries, you have destroyed the reputation of what used to be a fine japanese manufacturer of power tools. Selling this cheap rubbish under the Ryobi name is disgusting and vile. Using the reputation and trust people had built with Ryobi (Japan) to sell these horrific tools. Just disgraceful.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Alex729G

Alex729GVICTORIA

I'm glad I bought one.

Very convenient, can be used anywhere without the hassle of finding long extension cord. It's also great that the battery lasts longer than I expected because it just takes the right amount of power unlike a corded grill. Buy a spare battery for heavy use. I haven't tried another brand, but I don't think there's a need for that. I'm quite satisfied.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Way better than expected

I originally bought the trim router from Bunnings as my Makita one finally bit the dust. Was quite impressed and bought a few more products over the last few years. I have had some minor issues (seized chuck - cleaned with high-pressure air and was fine) and one battery that died after two years but to be honest this is similar to the issues I have had with both my Makita and AEG tools in terms of reliability. For a medium to moderate user, around the house for example, they work perfectly. They are not quite tough enough and powerful enough for trade use but have lasted as long as some far more expensive products.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Great tool, poor battery

Love the tools itself but cannot keep a battery working. Battery is bad after 2 charges. Bought another one and it is bad after 6 charges. Gave it another try with a new charger and had the same problem again. Very poor quality on battery. Have four different tools and like all four. To bad I cannot a battery working. Time for a change.

See all Ryobi RCD1802 18v One+ reviews