Ryobi RID1801

Ryobi RID1801

See the Best Drills in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

4.5
  • Safety
Darb
DarbCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't kill em.

In August 2013, I was advised NOT to buy a Ryobi rattle gun. It would only last 12 months!!
Well. 8 years later and using it almost everyday, its still going strong. During that time I have replaced 2500 roof screws on our house, build a cyclone shelter for our 2 standby generators and now a shelter for our UV water filter.
Now, the first tool I normally pick up is my rattle gun, because it so darn useful. When the salesman back in 2013 said that cheap tools were useless, I decided to buy a spare rattle gun - just in case. Never used it.
Thank you Ryobi, excellent product.

Purchased in August 2013 at Bunnings Warehouse for $200.

Great for around the home!

Being in the property renovation business this product was used on a daily basis and i had the product for 4 years until i abused it a little too much and broke the gearbox. Went out and bought another one. Good value for money.

Roger P.
Roger P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good for professional use

Has been in daily use since purchased and I cant fault this tool.........works perfectly every time. Plenty of grunt and has never let me down but am quite surprised how much torque it has. Very well priced.

Purchased in November 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.

Do not buy battery lawn equipment

Don't ever buy battery lawn equipment.
My Ryobi 24 volt battery finally died and they no longer make the battery. So now I have to go out and buy a new edger, bush trimmer, and weed eater which all worked off the 24 volt. That will cost me at least $300 I don't have to replace.
Customer service basically said sorry but too bad. REALLY. Being that I gave them the opportunity over email and phone to make it right they did not. So now I will spend hours posting this on all social media sites. This post is my 10th different site. Won't be buying their products ever again.

Purchased in August 2017 for $300.

Drills

Find out how Ryobi RID1801 compares to other Drills

Crinoid
CrinoidMelbourne

Ryobi and Bunnings Did the Right thing - Not fit for purpose - Defective parts - 1 month out of warr

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Best Investment Ever

Purchased my Ryobi 18V Grass trimmer Kit which included Grass trimmer - Blower - Battery and charger - I was unable to start our gas grass trimmer, husband recovering from surgery - needed something I could operate - Was the best thing I ever did - Powerful, Easy to Handle - Battery lasted seemed like forever - Blower was strong - was everything I needed - Thank you Ryobi for coming to my rescue and making my day

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Scott
Scott

Awsome tool

Ive used this one tool for years on professional demolition jobs & cant stop it , it has not been handled lightly & used all day long day in day out in the dirtiest of environments . The one battery fits all system works unreal also so dont buy any other expensive brands just stick with these ryobi's

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
V Stanky
V StankyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Faultless while they continue to stock 18v batteries

The first time I used it a sheared through a fencing screw. This cordless impact drill has an amazing amount of power and easily removed screws that we couldn't release with other standard drills.
I bought this as part of a combo before Christmas and Ryobi marketing gave me an instant win card and I thought I won a lawn mower. They later called and said it was an error and gave me a $5 set of screw bits so this left a sour taste. However, this product is worth the money!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Daniel Francis
Daniel FrancisMelbourne

Great drill for the advanced home handyman

This is a great product for the cost. Goes well if you have the corresponding ryobi drill to go with it. It's not quite suitable for a tradie that uses it everyday, but anyone below this level it will definitely do the job. if you get the large batteries they're really efficient. The 3 led lights are a great feature when ur working in low light or an awkward space.

Drills

Find out how Ryobi RID1801 compares to other Drills

Damien
DamienMelbs

Favourite one+ tool

evanCanberra

Solid Driver

This driver is very solid and has plenty of torque. I've used it to drive stainless steel screws (approx 2500) into 2 large hardwood decks and it has not missed a beat. Batteries last fairly well under constant usage.
Led lights not the front are not very bright and a torch is needed. I invest in a quality set of impact driver bits as the provided ones haven't lasted (although they have seen a lot of use!).