MPN: RLM18X33S40

See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Made my life easy, highly recommend for small lawns.

I have a 10m x16m lawn, so small, and this little beauty work really well. Its not perfect, but it small and light and now I can hand over the mowing duties to my 13 year old son, happy days.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Battery Life
Product is used: Weekly

An essential garden tool

This is a battery operated lawn mower. It is very easy to manoeuvre and light weight. Battery lasts for around 20 minutes which will give you fade free cutting power until its drained. I use this mower for my natural strip with Buffalo grass.Hard to cut long grass. Battery recharging will take 4 to 5 hours. Not handy if you have a big lawn

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used: Occasionally

Looks good but a very rough cut

This cordless mower looks good and is supplied as a kit with a battery and charger.
A big plus is that Ryobi, unlike most manufacturers offers replacement cutting blades, which can be ordered through Bunnings.
I discovered that almost no other manufacturers are offering replacement blades, regardless of the price of the cordless mowers.
This is the reason I bought Ryobi. With other brands, you are basically buying a throw-away mower -- they are useless without a good blade.
Unfortunately I found that the single blade slashes grass, rather than cuts it, leaving a very rough finish with little bits sticking up. It is certainly not as good as the old four-blade petrol mowers.
Also, this does not have a brushless motor-- a technology that gives much better efficiency.
What I would like to see is a cordless reel-mower. Reel-mowers are what professional landscapers use and give the best finish. Unfortunately these professional mowers are too big and too expensive for modern small housing blocks.
Another problem with the design of this Ryobi mower, is that it throws almost no grass into the catcher. It doesn't matter that the catcher is quite small, hardly any grass gets into it anyway.
In addition, this one can't cut low enough -- so things look a bit straggly.
CONCLUSION: Cordless mowers are a great idea for modern small housing blocks. They are virtually maintenance free. But, you can't expect a good, neat cut with a single-blade cutting system. Buy them if you don't really care about the finished look.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Looks like a toy, cuts like a champ!

My old victa mower finally died on me so I decided that I wanted to go electric as I don't have a big yard to look after anymore and was sick and tired of using a petrol mower.
The victa was always difficult to start and was a work out moving it around the yard, absolute nightmare, I dreaded doing the lawn + getting it serviced wasn't cheap.
I ended up buying the little Ryobi 18v cordless mower kit without expecting a lot. Unboxing it I thought this looks like a toy, being all plastic but its looks are quite deceiving, its actually really strong cause I'm pretty rough with this mower as I was with the old one and I don't have any fear that I'm going to break it banging into stuff and that.
It does a really good job, cuts grass evenly and the catcher works well, much better than my old POS. It's super light has a carry handle in the middle of it, probably weighs like 10kg or less. Starts instantly and the battery life is really good.
I keep calling it a vacuum though! It's dead quiet and electric so it does feel a bit like vacuuming the lawn.
I can't really complain about anything except maybe that I should've replaced my old one sooner!
Makes cutting the lawn a dream ;)