Ryobi RLM18X36L40

Ryobi RLM18X36L40

MPN: RLM18X36L40
See the Best Battery Lawn Mowers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

• Battery Life

The Treatment Room at Sh
The Treatment Room at Sh

My Ryobi 36v and 18v Battery Mowers

Purchased in at Private sale for $250.

Peter LPerth, WA

Reasonable, but low power.

It’s good for small lawns, if you cut them regularly. If the grass grows a bit the mower has not much power and cuts out continuously, requiring mowing thin (think 10cm) strips to try to keep it from stalling. One of the wheels also came off, but I managed to jury-rig it back on with some wire ties - not ideal. Unless you mow frequently, or your grass is very slow growing, I’d recommend going for the brushless two battery OLM1840BL instead - I am probably going to upgrade to that instead. I also replace the blade every year, and have multiple 6Ah batteries to give it a bit of extra power, but its not really enough.

Purchased in at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.

Lynne
Lynne

Great Mower Just One Problem

The 46cm battery-powered lawn mower compared to my old petrol mower is much better - except for one thing. I have great difficulty with the pins that lock the handle in place: surely Ryobi could have come up with something better. They spin around and round and sometimes I can get only one pin to lock, other times I have to use the mower without the handle locked at all. This is the only design flaw in an otherwise great product.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

FastTurtle
FastTurtleMelbourne

Great unit. Just have to be realistic of the expectations.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

northernangler
northernanglerNorth Queensland, QLD

The catcher is hopeless.

Battery has exceptional life, The charge seems to last forever. The catcher is good for about 10metres of lawn then needs emptying. Should be supplied with a grass deflector hat throws cutting to the left or right to stop having to stop so often to empty the little catcher.

Purchased in at Bunnings Warehouse for $450.

Double H
Double HFar North Queensland, QLD

So far so good

Purchased in at Bunnings Warehouse for $413.

Surprisingly good

I bought this because I have a bunch of other Ryobi tools that do the job fine. I wasn't expecting it to perform as well as it does. Cuts better than my old petrol Victa and because it's lighter it glides over soft sections of long grass and doesn't bog down and brown/kill it. Nice and light to manuver and you could have a conversation while using it. I was attacking quite long lawn and didn't realise it has a mulch feature so the first pass I did was at full height. Looked in the catcher to Find no clippings.... Read the manual after using it and then removed the mulch "plug". Dropped it down a few clicks and went over the lawn again and it's come up beautiful. I have about 120 sq/m and it handled it no problems at all.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Steve
Steve

Disappointing

I bought this mover in 2017 for my quite small patch of grass. It's never managed to do the whole patch on a single charge, and it frequently stalls even if the grass is only slightly long. It has deteriorated over time and now is almost useless.

Barry
Barry

Works better than expected. Light and efficient.

Rachelle
RachelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not enough power and battery doesn’t last enough for 170sq meters despite box says up to 350sq meters

This mower is supposed to be for up to 350 sq meter of grass. I have 170 sq meters and the battery dies. It takes 2 additional recharges for me to finish mowing my lawn. I mow every week so it’s not like I let it grow too long. Frustrating part is I asked for help at Bunnings when I bought this and told the lady everything about my grass...type, square meters, etc and she told me this would be fine for it. Today I rang Bunnings and the man told me he would never recommend anything with an 18V 4.0Ah battery as they don’t have enough power. Tomorrow I go and swap over my mower for the 36V. Let’s hope this one is better or I’ll be getting a full refund and going with a Masport mower.

Matty
MattyHunter Region, NSW

Awesome better than i could imagine

I bought this for my 60yr old mother with some reservations being battery powered cause she had no hope of using the petrol mower and after 1 year i see i was a fool i should of got it a long time ago its great she can use it and the battery has enough in it for the edger and blower. To be honest i have been known to borrow it on occasions. You cant go wrong with this mower.

Purchased in at bunnings for $350.

BPg
BPgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very convenient but not great for long grass

With a 5mha battery, I can cut my entire lawn 90sqm, and switch to my edge trimmer to trim all my edges AND still have enough juice for a decent clean up blow with my my blower! BUT: it doesnt have enough power to cut long grass, so I may have to start on level 3 then go round again on level 2 if I want shorter grass!

Purchased in at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

good mowers

easy to use, one battery lasts 15 mins, cann't cut long grass.first bought Nov 2017, but someday it not worked, changed for a brand new one at May 2018, worked well since then

ricdanger
ricdangerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Was a great lightweight easy to store mower. Now it's dead

Original Review:
I use a 5 Amp/Hr Li-Ion battery and after 30 minutes I can still unplug it and use it on other tools. The mower's not powerful, it's meant for maintenance cutting - nothing beats a stinky 2-stroke for smashing through weeds. But it really does the job and is simple to handle, folds away nicely and takes up little space. Had one issue with the folding mechanism but just put some tension in the handle frame by bending it a bit and now it's perfect again.
Update:
The mower died (no power) after 10 months. Couldn't find the receipt for refund so now I'm stuck with a useless piece of plastic. My fault for not keeping receipt, but unlike a 2 stroke, people don't want to service them.

Purchased in .

Retired_landscaper
Retired_landscaperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect for my lawn - convenient, light, easy, quality

• Date Purchased