Ryobi RLM36B46L

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

PeteSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mower good....replacement blades hard to get

Bunnings are telling me the replacement blades for my model are only 40CM when the blade I have on it now is 46CM......I always have to put in a special order for weed eater cord as well

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$699.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Battery Life
Product is usedWeekly
Andrew H.

Andrew H.South East Queensland, QLD

Mower works ok but parts are impossible to get.

Blades wear very quickly and have been waiting 8 weeks nor for a very expensive replacement blade. Its a singe custom blade so you can not use a generic set. I will never get another Ryobi.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$699.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Battery Life
Product is usedWeekly
Glenn Sullivan

Glenn SullivanGippsland, VIC

Great product - TERRIBLE service

For 30 months I loved using my Ryobi mower - and then it just stopped one day.

I contacted Ryobi to find out where I could get it fixed but the nearest location was 90 minutes away. Now I do not live remotely - living less than 2 hours from the centre of Melbourne. There is no service in Victoria east of Mt Waverley!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how Ryobi RLM36B46L compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

Sean M

Sean MCanberra

Keeps cutting out

I was happy with power and endurance but after the 2 year mark (normal use) it would cut out too frequently. I think it must be the thermal overload as I get a longer run on a cooler day. I also found the wiring in the handle switches had been caught between the moulds during assembly and badly stripped. Subsequently a switch was loosely wired that I had to fix. Also the handle just broke... whicheck has led me to write this review. Poor build quality control and bad design of motor driver. I hope they fix it in later models but not sure what to do now that this one has died too early. They've probably got me as the battery runs the other device's but would love to go to another system.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

megglesfieldSHAILER PARK

Was OK

Now onto to my second model. The first was replaced under warranty after it failed to start after about 6 months. Now 6 months later replacement has developed exactly the same fault! It did a very good job at cutting the lawn, but it is just not reliable enough for me. Having the same fault occur on two mowers indicates to me it is a common fault. This may be as simple as a fuse/circuit breaker, but there is no self help chart.Ryobi technical help don't seem to want to provide any assistance. Rather disappointing in all!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Porridge

PorridgeLindisfarne

Why didn't we get a battery mower sooner!?

This battery mower is so easy to use compared to our old petrol one (hard to start, smelly, have to keep faffing around with the jerry can). Just push a button and away it goes. Does a better job on the grass too. We have a reasonably large garden too. The 4.0 Ah battery will do the whole garden if the grass isn't too long. If the grass is thicker, we'll need to charge the battery after 3/4 of the garden. We use that time to do weeding and a bit of a tidy up, as the battery won't take long to charge up enough to finish the lawn.
Can't wait to get an electric car now!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Aries53

Aries53Sydney, NSW

So glad we bought it

We bought this Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower in April 2017 and are so happy with it. It's lightweight and easy to push, mows the front and back lawn beautifully with one charge and charges in full within one hour. When we had our old petrol mower, I could not start or push it, as it was so heavy, now my husband and I can mow without any problem. Would recommend highly - not much noise, no fumes, no cable!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Les

Les

Simple to use!

This mower is great for a woman to use. Very easy to start and operate even on a sloping lawn. Lawn looks professionally cut and improves with use. The downside is that it can't be used in winter as lawn needs to be dry for optimal results. I haven't been able to get close to edges because of the way it's designed.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Battery life not great

Good mower in most ways, however, the battery now gives only around 10 minutes of work before cutting out after a full charge. We have had it around 2 years but it has only had light duties in that time. Once returned to the charger, the battery indicator shows almost full despite the mower cutting out.

Date PurchasedOct 2014
Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how Ryobi RLM36B46L compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

Pat

Pat

A wonderful replacement for the old petrol mower

This is a great lawn mower. It is very lightweight and is therefore easy to manoeuvre.
The battery has plenty of power and is more than adequate to cut my lawn.
A very much overlooked and important feature is that of safety, when the handles are released it stops,whereas with a petrol mower it takes longer to stop.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Fantastic mower would never go back to petrol

Absolutely love this mower. So easy to start and extremely lightweight. Makes mowing an absolute pleasure.. i got an hour ouf of the battery....very impressive. Go $100 off at bunnings as this mower is discontinued. Cutting level no. 2 perfect for my lawn. Couldn't be happier with this beauty! Very satisfied customer.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Valgore

Valgore

Light Weight Cuts Well

Went electric for the 1st time and this 36v Ryobi mower works great, I only have a battery thats 2600mah and its enough to do my front yard, I have buffalo grass and it cuts great, if your lazy and let your grass grow more then about 15cm then this will struggle but if you keep it regularly short it works great.
No more pulling stupid cords to try start it, no more going to get fuel, no more servicing it... I think its great!

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Garden Gnome

Garden GnomeBrisbane

The Future is Electric

Lavinaasked

RLM36B46L

Replacement blade code number?

Blade available Bunnings Tamworth too short

Pete

According to Bunnings Tuggerah only 40cm blades are available for mine that takes a 46cm blade

steve

steveasked

RLM36B46L

My Ryobi RLM36B46L I know it has been discontinued but can any one advise my why my catcher does not seem to work as well as it should is it just my model or are other Ryobi mowers bad catchers?

pharlap61
pharlap61

Are your blades sharp and is it been reinstalled the right way round

I am having a hard time getting a 46cm replacement blade for mine

megglesfieldasked

RLM36B46L

My Ryobi 36B46L has stopped working. Put in a fully charged battery and began mowing after about a minute it stopped after cutting a small amount of thick grass. Will not restart, battery shows still nearly fully charged on battery but shows no indication on mower battery condition lights when in mower. This is the second Ryobi mower to have this problem. The first was replaced under warranty with the same symptoms. Any ideas?

Laurens
Laurens

Why ask he. Just take it back to the dealer.

Problem solved

megglesfield

Not very helpful really. Nearest Bunnings is 600Km away, and Bunnings it was purchased from is 750KM so taking it back..... is just a bit of a hassle and a 1500Km round trip. Have solved the problem myself however. The wiring connector from the battery to the electronic control had partially melted (due no doubt to high resistance connection). replaced this and is now OK.

gri2a
gri2a

Ive never had this happen, but I have had something similar.
If you overload the motor (by cutting very wet or thick grass) the motor will stop.
To get it going again, first wait about 5 seconds, then leave your fingure on the start button for a few seconds AND THEN clamp the lever closed to start the electric motor.
Most people rush this re-start process, dont leave their finger on the button long enough, before they depress (squeeze) he starting lever(s).
The net result is the damn thing wont work.See if that fixes your prob
GRI2A

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Compare all 9 Ryobi RLM36 Series