Ryobi RLM36X50HP

Ryobi RLM36X50HP

MPN: RLM36X50HP

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.8

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

swampy451Canberra

Great mower with so small faults.

I have two medium lawn areas and this mower just powers through them. The battery gives me about 3 complete cuts of both lawns before needing to be recharged. I live on a very steep block and 2 people were needed to get my old Honda up to my rear lawn area. I can now carry this up one handed. Now for the nags. The way the catcher connects to the mower is a bit flimsy and has a tendency to fall of at times if you scrape up against something and the self propelling motors will give you quite some resistance to pulling the mower backwards unless you let go of the handles and push the last few feet of your cut. Otherwise it is well worth the money. Love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$749.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Battery Life
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Ash

AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this mower!

I love this mower. My lawn is a slight slope, so generally you have to push a bit to get it up to the top of the lawn. However the self propelled feature is amazing! I didn’t have to push at all, and my lawns get cut in under half the time. I like the mulch option, so I don’t have to worry about the catcher. However there is a specific blade for the mulch option, and the original blade is on so tight that I can’t loosen it. So I just use the mulch attachment with the normal blade. It still works well. (And near impossible to find replacement mulch blades in the store.)

The lawnmower lasts a while on one charge, and is quick to charge when it does die. I love that it’s foldable and can be stored upright in a small space.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Unimpressed

Bought first one this morning. Read manual, charged battery, assembled machine, machine completely dead. Took it back to Bunnings. They couldn't get it to work so exchanged it. Got home with second machine, repeated the process, and second machine doesn't work either! Unbelievable. I am totally unimpressed, as this has been a total waste of my Sunday. Will return machine to Bunnings on Monday, and will not try another one. I really wish my old electric machine hadn't died on me. I guess I will have to hire somebody to cut the lawn for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how Ryobi RLM36X50HP compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

sbarsushi

sbarsushiSydney, NSW

Great purchase.

Purchased October last year. Great value deal. Excellent product and great bargain. This a fantastic product to help tackle my garden for all seasons. Perfect for us people who want an easy and convenient way to maintain our lawns. Not heavy, easier to use Perfect for our garden. I would have given this mower 5 stars if not for the high amount of dirt and dust that blows out the top of the catcher. The catcher need to allow high air flow but it kicks up a lot of dust.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ray

Ray

Great Cutting Mower

it's electric it certainly is a lot quieter then your average mower, which is great, as you can avoid a annoying your neighbors. if you have a small enough lawn this just makes mowing more convenient, you never have issues with starting it. Had mower for 6 months and hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Neville

NevilleHunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed customer

I first used the new mower on my lawn, the grass was around 55 mm high so it wasn't very hard cutting, after using the mower for around 30 mins. it stopped working I thought the battery must have run down so I put it back in the charger, after a short amount of time the battery was showing full charge again, I attempted to start the mower again to no avail. I finished the mowing with my old petrol mower. I returned the mower to Bunnings Warehouse at Wallsend, they tried every thing they could, including another battery with no results. Bunnings gave me a full refund of the cost of the mower. but it was still a disappointment after paying $749.00 for a top of the line Ryobi lawn mower.
Neville.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Magdi khalil

Magdi khalilasked

RLM36X50HP

How to replace spring on battery door

Magdi khalil

Magdi khalilasked

RLM36X50HP

How to replace door battery spring

Debbie B.
Debbie B.

Never had it come off sorry can't help you

Gary Bradford

Gary Bradfordasked

RLM36X50HP

I've been looking at electric self propelled mowers as a replacement for my ageing petrol mower, I see Ryobi have or had a 40 volt version, but I see now the new Ryobi mowers that are for sale at Bunnings are 36 volt what is the story, are both 40 and 36 V available or has one succeeded the other. Are they also all plastic bases, bit concerned that a get stone strikes may render them unusable.
Criteria is, must be self propelled and minimum 20 inch cut.

swampy451

Bunnings unfortunately seem to dictate what Ryobi products we can buy in Australia. AFAIK the 40 volt system is only available in the US, but having said that the 36 volt platform is great. I looked at a few other brands before settling on the Ryobi. It ticked all the boxes. Yes the base is plastic, but in 6 months of use at my place I have had no problems with stone strikes. A bit of common sense when mowing and you should have no issues. The self propulsion works great and the 20 inch cut is fine for small to medium yards. I moved from a self propelled Honda petrol mower and have no regrets.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives