Ryobi RLM36 Series

Ryobi RLM36 Series (page 3 of 11)

RLM36B40H, RLM36X40H40, RLM36X46L50HI / RLM36X46L50HID, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Exceeded my expectations

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Dave4life

Dave4lifeBrisbane

Not bad for small lawns quiet easy to use

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Lacks grunt

Today at Bunnings i Was really excited when I saw the cordless 36 volt option, at $599 I was expecting big things!
unfortunately on its first use it has underperformed horribly. Stopped 3 or 4 times on about 30sqm of grass.
30min of mowing and the battery is on the last bar.
Only good thing was maneuverability due to its light weight.
My grass is quite dense so this may be an excuse , I will let the battery charge overnight and give it one more go on the backyard, however I dare say i’ll be back at Bunnings by 10am changing it for a petrol model

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Anonymous

AnonymousSydney

Useless warranty

My Ryobi lawn mower is only 3 years old, it suddenly won't start one day. I've been told it is out of warranty and that it's not worth servicing. So I've basically spent $629 for a lawn mower that has lasted 3 years. Not to mention I've purchased extra batteries. Very unimpressed.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Glenn Sullivan

Glenn SullivanGippsland, VIC

Great product - TERRIBLE service

For 30 months I loved using my Ryobi mower - and then it just stopped one day.

I contacted Ryobi to find out where I could get it fixed but the nearest location was 90 minutes away. Now I do not live remotely - living less than 2 hours from the centre of Melbourne. There is no service in Victoria east of Mt Waverley!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Wai Keung

Wai Keung

User Friendly

go to bunnigns and ask the staff , they recommend this products and i just buy this one is very easy to use , not too noisy powerful is ok can't compare other more expensive petrol products, trim this grass is good , 5 adjustable cutting heights just can use level 3 , level 1 is hard, the battery is enough, but run time is less than they said, don't expect the battery can run a long time.

Not powerful enough

Very poor power. Struggles with more than a lawn trim. Battery lasts about half the time mentioned, and then must cool fully to charge. Light and easy to maneuver, but only fit for very small yards with fine grass. Would be appropriate for twice weekly mowers or townhouses. Or buy 4 batteries.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Looks good - but adverts are sheer misleading..

Chriso

ChrisoVictoria, Australia

Fantastic product

Effortlessly cut my 110m2 lawn evenly. This lightweight product glides over the grass where my old petrol mower would get bogged down and cut unevenly.

The ryobi cuts all at the same height and even thicker patches the blades just glide through.

Battery after doing g the lawn was still 3/4 full.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Unimpressed

Bought first one this morning. Read manual, charged battery, assembled machine, machine completely dead. Took it back to Bunnings. They couldn't get it to work so exchanged it. Got home with second machine, repeated the process, and second machine doesn't work either! Unbelievable. I am totally unimpressed, as this has been a total waste of my Sunday. Will return machine to Bunnings on Monday, and will not try another one. I really wish my old electric machine hadn't died on me. I guess I will have to hire somebody to cut the lawn for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Brilliant!

Great product plenty of runtime and always cuts evenly across my yard.
So good that I can pair up my line trimmer with the same battery.
Will be buying plenty more products from ryobi in the future and will be Recommending to family and friends.
Thank you very much I love it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
LeeK

LeeK

Unrepairable due lack of replacement parts

I purchased this lawnmower about 5 years ago and recently broke the plastic handle to it. I've contacted Ryobi who has informed me that a replacement part is not available and that basically I'll now have to toss this 5 year old battery operated lawnmower in the garbage. While the lawnmower did a credible job, I think people need to be aware that if something breaks a repair may not be possible. While this is from this particular model the RML3640L, it could also be true of other Ryobi models. Just be careful.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Johnnycake

JohnnycakeBunbury

Great battery idea but massive fail for us

We bought the Ryobi battery lawn mower but the battery we had for other Ryobi didn't seem to work only lasting mear minuets so we were forced by Bunnings to buy a new battery which cost avout half the price of the law mower so we wasn't very happy about that

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Kimba

KimbaBrisbane

Best mower I’ve ever had

I bought this after reading lots of good reviews, it’s perfect for my yard. I bought it from Bunnings in a combo with a blower and I have revived that also on here. There is roughly 400sqm of lawn at home and this works a breeze. Catcher is big enough if you mow regularly, if you have left your grass go you may need to empty it once or twice depending on how long you’ve let it go. It a good investment if you ask me.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Nikki

NikkiAU

Does really good job, light weight

Love this mower!!! I used to have a 2 stroke petrol mover which was very heavy and noisy. The Ryobi is really lightweight and quiet when in use, the lightweight of the mower allows for easy maneuvering around the edges of the yard, allowing for maximum use of battery life. This size mower is ideal for a units or smaller properties however and very very happy with this mower.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

bzerk86

bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for our yard and surprisingly powerful

Lightweight yet feels like quality material.

Battery lasts long enough for us to mow our 50m/sq yard twice over and then some more. I haven't used the mulching function, but the bag is more than adequate.

Am yet to have it bog down or stall out even on tall wet grass.

The folding handle makes it easy to stow away in our small garden shed.

I would buy this product again.

Ken

KenYeerongpilly

Don't waste your money!!!

Bought for my mother. At $499. Plus batteries, not a cheap buy. But lightweight, easy to use. She is not getting younger.
3 years later and it has stopped working. Have taken it back to Bunnings who have said they will not fix it. We have to buy another one. At $500 over 3 years, I find this quite disgraceful. I will see whether there is any further steps I can take with this, I would generally expect a mower to last longer than 3 years. But we are expected to just dispose of this device, not little either, and buy a new one.
Quite disgusted. I will never waste my money on one of these again. So much for keeping as much independence in our elderly as we can. Only if we pay for it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Hard work

May be OK on flat hard lawn but is very hard to push when lawn is on a slope or has any softness.
Doesn't throw clippings into the catcher properly - have to keep emptying "catcher" when only quarter full and it still leaves piles of clipping behind.
Have to mow at least 3 times or more every time - once up high, then lower and then at least once more to pick up the mounds of clippings that it keeps dropping even with frequent emptying.
I'm sorry that I wasted my money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Argon5

Argon5Melbourne

Absolutely brilliant

This is my first electric mower and oh boy! What a breakthrough. Part of the pain in the backside of mowing was arranging fresh fuel and trying to start the thing. This instantly solves all that. First impression - its light! Its just so comfortable and easy to maneuver. I was worried that it wouldn't have the power to get through my often overly long grass, but not a problem. Second impression - its so strangely quiet! Just the electric zipping sound as it chews through the lawn. I am a very happy convert to electric mowers and I love this machine - its great,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
sbarsushi

sbarsushiSydney, NSW

Great purchase.

Purchased October last year. Great value deal. Excellent product and great bargain. This a fantastic product to help tackle my garden for all seasons. Perfect for us people who want an easy and convenient way to maintain our lawns. Not heavy, easier to use Perfect for our garden. I would have given this mower 5 stars if not for the high amount of dirt and dust that blows out the top of the catcher. The catcher need to allow high air flow but it kicks up a lot of dust.

Date PurchasedOct 2017