Ryobi RLM36 Series

Ryobi RLM36 Series (page 5 of 11)

RLM36B40H, RLM36X40H40, RLM36X46L50HI / RLM36X46L50HID, etc...

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.7

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Will.K

Will.K

it's been alright

It works well but I thought it should be easier to use and the grass should be shorter it is easy to operate and easy to maintain so to what I guess it is a good deal it is cheap though so I guess it is good to what I paid for

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dennis Davies

Dennis DaviesToowoomba

Excellent Does what it claims.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jamie W

Jamie WAU

It's good and quite

I mean it's still loud, but since it's electric it certainly is a lot quieter then your average mower, which is good, as you can avoid a annoying your neighbours. if you have a small enough lawn this just makes mowing more convenient, you never have issues with starting it, or having ton track down the right fuel. Seriously if this will suit your yard, then pick it up, it's the way of the future.

bcchgeneral

bcchgeneralSydney, NSW

Clean, reliable lawn mower for small to medium lawns

Cutting results: Excellent, cuts well, starts reliably, battery lasts for a fair amount of lawn.
Maneuverability: Decent, moves like any other mower.
Operate and maintain: Excellent. Packs away nice and compact. Clean, no petrol fumes.

On a full battery charge, I can cut the lawn in both the back and front yards, and sometimes even the verge.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Claire M

Claire MBrisbane

Husband loves his lawnmower

This thing makes lawn moving a breeze for my hubby. We went with Ryobi as it is a well know and trusted brand.

He has to keep our garden tidy as well as the nature strip at the front of our house and the common areas.

He has had no problem with this mower. It also looks very nice in my garage and isn’t too big that it takes up heaps of space

Date PurchasedSep 2017
KKF

KKFAU

Decent, needs to mower more frequently

Pros: no more pulling the engine to start, electric starts save a lot of sweat and maintenance, decent cutting, height adjustable, whole mower is comparatively light, easy to empty out.

Cons: gets hard to mow if grass left for too long, blade might get stuck with the grass if it's wet. battery lasts a small lawn and gets quite hot under load.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Stu

StuSunbury, Victoria

Look forward to mowing the lawns

Pretty happy with this purchase. Actually look forward to mowing the lawns now. I was extremely surprised about how well it could cut through tall grass. Dont have to worry about running out of petrol. If i had 1 complaint it would be that the battery life could last a bit longer. Would be handy to have a 2nd battery but they are pricey

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Pina

Pina

A cut above the rest!

The Ryobi cordless Lawn Mower is a good buy. Mowing time up to 40minutes with a battery charge time of 2 hours.
No more petrol issues or forgetting to check the oil. It is lightweight and easy to use. The beauty of Ryobi charging units is that they can fit into other machinery pieces such as blowers and trimmers. Value for money and no mess!

jordan88

jordan88perth

perfect cutting

bought this one after my previous one broke down, this is probably one of my faviourate lawn mower, It cuts in all conditions and has their is no fear of grass being stuck, its easy to push, the motor is absolutely amazing, but the best part is how easy it is maintain.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Paul

PaulSydney

Very unhappy with Brand

As with others the plastic handle model RL3640L (grab handle) on left in our case just snapped while general mowing over a week ago ..to add insult our Ryobi 36v line trimmer motor now just smokes so also unusable (went a week before Mower) .. as with others Ryobi said tough luck out of warranty re line trimmer + put online complaint 14/1/18 to Ryobi about Mower and they haven't even replied (now 10 days later). Ryobi now offer a 6 year warranty which indicates this model with 2 years was far inferior quality. Hopefully can sell batteries and hedge trimmer to cut loses as at this point will be last Ryobi product ever buy or recommend

Date PurchasedSep 2015
gulja

guljaBrisbane

Excellent mower

We only have this one 2 months and to be honest it’s our first mower and it’s been great! It’s pretty light, easy initial set up and does the job right! It also consumes very little petrol I think. I trust this brand and have all my houshold and garden tools by ryobi. I was hoping to get the cordless vacuum too but it is not sold here currently.

Tom

TomBrisbane

A work horse

Purchased it off Bunnings.
New to mowing, but the ase of installation and the features it provides has made me feel safe and comfortable operating the mower.
Great warrenty service that comes with it after product registration.
All in all I am happy with my purchase and satisfied with the machine.

Neville

NevilleHunter Region, NSW

Very disappointed customer

I first used the new mower on my lawn, the grass was around 55 mm high so it wasn't very hard cutting, after using the mower for around 30 mins. it stopped working I thought the battery must have run down so I put it back in the charger, after a short amount of time the battery was showing full charge again, I attempted to start the mower again to no avail. I finished the mowing with my old petrol mower. I returned the mower to Bunnings Warehouse at Wallsend, they tried every thing they could, including another battery with no results. Bunnings gave me a full refund of the cost of the mower. but it was still a disappointment after paying $749.00 for a top of the line Ryobi lawn mower.
Neville.

Adrie

AdrieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect mower for a Senior Female

Having battled with a heavy 4 stroke petrol mower for 6 years, this is an absolute breeze for me. One difficulty is the
attaching of the catcher, which is quite hard, but I expect it will get easier with use. Having sloping ground, I find it
easy to push and manoeuvre. The height adjuster is rather stiff, but I guess, like the catcher, it will get easier with use. I now look forward to mowing. Thank you Ryobi for the perfect mower for a little old lady!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Porridge

PorridgeLindisfarne

Why didn't we get a battery mower sooner!?

This battery mower is so easy to use compared to our old petrol one (hard to start, smelly, have to keep faffing around with the jerry can). Just push a button and away it goes. Does a better job on the grass too. We have a reasonably large garden too. The 4.0 Ah battery will do the whole garden if the grass isn't too long. If the grass is thicker, we'll need to charge the battery after 3/4 of the garden. We use that time to do weeding and a bit of a tidy up, as the battery won't take long to charge up enough to finish the lawn.
Can't wait to get an electric car now!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Sandra56

Sandra56South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect

Have had many battery operated mowers, but not one with a lithium battery - it recharges quickly, goes the distance and I love it. I have very steep slow on the back of my property and it still goes there, previous one had some trouble on a regular basis as the power would discharge quickly. It leaves some clippings, so need to ensure empty when not quite 3/4 full. Haven't yet needed to get a new battery as not yet 12 months old. But that could be the only issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
AlBris

AlBrisBrisbane

why did i wait so long to replace my 4 stroke?

Lea

LeaBrisbane

Such a great purchase

Unbelievable for a battery mower battery life really good, cuts grass really well my lawn is looking better than ever
more so no more having to replace spark plug get fuel yadda yadda just charge & ready to go
so easy my wife could do lawn with ease
Would highly recommend to anyone considering this

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Iben Svensson Lund

Iben Svensson Lundasked

RLM36 Series

My mover first didn’t stop, and after we got it to stop it didn’t want to start, what could we do?

Carl B.

Carl B.asked

RLM36 Series

While mowing a thick lawn my mower stopped and now won't start again. I have checked the battery and it's fully charged the key is in place and everything else seems OK, it just won't start. Please advise?

Sidony M.
Sidony M.

Hi Carl. I’ve just had a similar thing happen to me. Did you end up finding out what the problem was?

Michelle M.
Michelle M.

I’ve had the same issue. Any solutions

HFamilyasked

RLM36X46S5

Our mower is Ryobi RLM36X46S52 Any tips for putting the catcher on and off would be appreciated.

northernangler
northernangler

I am right handed so I lift the flap that covers the grass clipping outlet up as high as I can then slip the catcher in and hang it on the two white clips on the mower itself. The two clips on the catcher should match up perfectly. Any further problem ask me again and I will try for an email contact.

Lisa
Lisa

I had same issue with my catcher. Struggled to align and connect to the mower. Took it back to the store for a replacement. Do also try the demo in the store to see if it has the same issue as you find some of the mowers have a catcher issue.

HFamily

Thankyou both. I think we will ask for a demo at the store and then maybe take it in.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives