Ryobi RLM46160S

Ryobi RLM46160S

MPN: RLM46160S

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mini Miner

Mini MinerWestern Australia

Traded my second warranty replacement in for another brand

Purchased Oct 2018 from Bunnings and self drive failed after three months (six uses). I needed a self-drive mower as suffering from cancer and weakened from treatment. Returned for new replacement in January 2019. Bugger is heavy and requires lots of assembly but had plenty of practise. Fuel line on replacement unit perished/cracked and started leaking in August 2019 after a dozen uses. Returned to Bunnings again and opted to replace with another self-drive mower. Impossible to source new fuel line for Ryobi model or have it installed. Throw-away item featuring design obsolescence...very dissatisfied.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $349.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency

Paul and Lisamelbourne

Model 4 stroke Ryobi 160cc18inch self-prop RLM46160S

Purchase 3/2/18, used ? 12 times, went to use this am, starter cord broke off in my hand, unscrewed top only to find rest of cord tangled around black broken plastic winder, took to Bunnings, as it has 2 yr warranty, only to be told warranty on motor only, need to speak to speaciality orders to order a whole new starter assembly, checked Ryobi site, they do not make this part anymore,mower is only 17mths old, what am I to do , not happy!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $389.00.

Product is used: Occasionally

This is an OK replacement mower

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Gidi

GidiFar North Queensland, QLD

Good and reliable

Good around the garden for small jobs. It's great to have it self propelled as we have a steep block. Lost a bold from the handle (obviously because of the vibration) after a very short time. It would be helpful if these had a lock, and/or supply the mower with a spare bolt if this is a chronic problem (like they give you spare buttons with a new shirt).

Date PurchasedDec 2017

warren g

warren gHunter Region, NSW

first pull

great mower starts first pull every time never missed beat very impressed.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Taking my second one back

First new mower ever purchased, wanted self propelled as I have big yard & on a slope, went great first time I used it but wouldn’t turn off, had to manually turn off at the motor not from the handle, took it back, got a replacement, same problem, the replacement also isn’t as fast moving as the first. I have the same issue as others with the grass flying up in my face when I have to empty the catcher, the small chute clogs with grass if grass not completely dry, does not do well with longer gras sections.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

P.B.

P.B.GawlermEast

Exactly what I hoped it would be!

We have a sloping River block with an extensive lawn. I was cautious purchasing a self propelled mower within the lower price range. After the first four months I have been super impressed with the Ryobi 160 cc 18” self propelled mower I purchased from Bunnings.
I have owned 3 mowers and have never had a mower start first time with little effort - awesome!
The large catcher sits comfortably on the mower and is easily emptied. The large fuel tank is also a bonus. The self propelled component works fantastically. It was easy to assemble with most of the unit pre-assembled. Hoping that the mower will provide a good decade of fortnightly mowing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ryobi 160cc 4 stroke self propelled

Bought from Bunnings, 1st time I used it the self propel would not engage. Have to sa that the moter was great, great grass cutting and mulching. Another problem is that the locking nuts on handles always loosen due to Vibration or poor design. No matter that I tightened them to breaking point they always loosened within 1 few minutes. Bunnings gave me a full refund...machine only 1 day in use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Decent value

Decent mower for the price cuts well good power, self propell is a great feature but the mower sometimes bottoms out and wheels spin. It's a bit tricky to manoeuvre at times but overall I'm quite happy, the catcher with the half mesh might be a problem down the track but fine now. A deck wash feature would have been very helpful, the 4 yr warranty is fantastic when you register the product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
johnnyk

johnnyk

For the price a great mower

For the price, this mower is value for money and comes with a 4-year warranty when you registered the mower on the Ryobi web site. easy to assemble and start. easy to use and tackles them sloping sites with ease.

Daniel

Danielasked

Need a new fuel line for this mower its not even a year old were can i purchase a fuel line

Paul and Lisa

Good luck trying to find it on Ryobi site spare parts, as our mower is only 18 mths old and they don't make parts for it anymore, so unsure what you and we can do we don't know!!!

mirrabucca

Easy. Contact ACCC. This is the stuff they thrive on! (Daughter used to work there).

Martin L.asked

Where I can get a new air filter?

Marie B.

Marie B.asked

Hi just bought Second hand, seller said it was 2 stroke even put a little 2 stroke to show me it worked, now I find it's petrol, haven't used it yet,. Do I empty and put unleaded in and what sort of oil do I use?
Marie

Martin L.

This question makes me a little confused. Do you buy the Ryobi RLM46160S mower? (Ryobi 18' 160cc Self-propelled petrol mower) I bought that lawn mower 9 months ago, I followed what it says (I use unleaded 91 as fuel and 10W30 as engine oil). Does the seller gives you the quick start guide or any owner's manual? Mine it says put 350ml of SAE 10W30 engine oil and change when the mower ran 24 hours in total. Maybe contact your seller for more information.

mirrabucca

I trust you've sorted it by now, but in case you haven't, it depends on how much 2-stroke fuel is "a little". A cupfull? 1/2 a tank? If its only a cupfull, you should get away with filling the tank with the correct fuel, and using it. It will blow some smoke, and you will need to clean the spark plug after you have used up the tankfull of fuel.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryPetrol Lawn Mowers
Number of Blades4
Weight30 kg
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement160 cc
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
Engine NameRyobi 160cc 4-Stroke OHV