Ryobi RLM4619SMB

MPN: RLM4619SMB

51 questions from our users

Steve

Steveasked

My mower is not collecting the grass in the catcher, it sits in the body or spreading all over the grass, what do i do the mower is only 1 year old

ed_8

Has the mower ever collected the grass or is this a recent problem?
If it's been like this from day one then I know this sound like a silly question but do you have the mulching plug fitted? If you have the mulching plug fitted then remove and it should be okay.
If the problem has only just recently appeared then check your blades. Ensure they're the correct ones for the model, aren't worn out, and that they're free to swing out when the mower is running.
When you're mowing, go in a clockwise direction or have the uncut grass on the right hand of the mower.
The blade spin clockwise (when viewed from above) and the grass chute in on the right side of the mower.
Could also be wet grass that does clump but there should still be some grass going into the catcher.

ibast

Agree with ed. It did come with the grass return fitted. Needs to be removed. And the mower doesn't deal with wet and long grass particularly well. Also check the vents for the catcher are clear. If these are clogged it will be reluctant to catch grass.

Gary X.asked

I have a 190c EA190V RLM4619SMB model, it suddenly wont start

ed_8

I find the mower is sometimes hard to start if it's been sitting unused for a few months (e.g. over winter).
Topping up with fresh petrol and cleaning the spark plug usually results in the mower running correctly again.
If it has been sitting it will take a few pulls of the starter cord to fill the carb with petrol so it won't start immediately.

ibast

Have you ever changed the plug?

Gary X.

Thanks, I use it every week. Maybe i should check up the plug.

Renal Chand

Renal Chandasked

Price

Catmac

Catmacasked

My Ryobi lawnmower keeps loosing power... high low... intermittent.. what’s wrong... cant see in booklet..

Dean

Deanasked

I have a brand new petrol 140cc ryobi lawn mower and it starts and then stops

Any advice?

Thanks dean

nett

nettasked

i have a ryobi lawn mower i am having trouble locating where the spark plug is can you help please

Allan E.

Allan E.asked

which brand and model of lawn mower is best?

Gary. Topping

I've been very happy with the Ryobi RLM4619SMB have a very large garden and surrounds have put it thru some tough work and has handled everything I've thrown at it. Tip keep it well maintained.z

John H.

John H.asked

How does the mulched attachment fit in

Gary. Topping

Lift the catcher flap, it slots in there, you'll see the holes on the Botton of the body, sort of goes in sideways then straighten it up to meet up with the holes body.

Adam G.

Adam G.asked

I've had my mower now for around 5 years give or take, it's the 190çc Subaru version. The spring has broken for the grass flap and I can't find a replacement that is the same and all the mower shops I've asked and our two Bunnings stores in town can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Sizwe M.

Sizwe M.asked

What Fuel does it use

Gary. Toppingasked

Has anyone ever changed the pull cord on a Ryobi 4619, any tips would be appreciated. I had the mower for two years now and have a very large garden. I have put it thru some tough stuff, but has been excellent. I keep the air cleaner clean, check the plug regularly, oil and blades. So far this is the only thing that has gone wrong, the cord just gave up. The replacement cord is $47 so forget that, thought I use some other cord, but is it a pain the change? Any tips. Thanks

Don M

Don Masked

Hello. My mulcher aspect is playing up. A piece/strip of black plastic fell off... not sure from where. I believe it's some sort of deal for the mulcher. Ryobi/subaru lawn mower, any help?
RLM4619SMB

Krizsy R

Krizsy Rasked

Had my mower for over a year. Now not starting. Any ideas?

Waiting for a call
Waiting for a call

Yes, have a couple of suggestions, firstly change the spark plug, if this is not the problem check the fuel, drain it and renew as there may be water in it due to condensation. Also check oil, motors seize and compression rings burn without it, making it hard to start.
Hope these suggestions help.

Brendan H.
Brendan H.

replacing the spark plug worked with mine.

Sal

Salasked

Hi i have bought new Ryabi ,ower with Yamaha engine. Grass is not going into catcher. How that can be solved any specific adjustments for that?.

Nathan
Nathan

Check if you still have your muncher in

Ria

Riaasked

Bought the lawnmower a week ago, second time I am using it. The lever for pulling the mover forward does not work. Need to push the lawnmower . What is wrong?

byzance
byzance

hi,its not self propelled. you have to push it.hope this answers your question

Hippy C

Hippy Casked

is it possible to use E10 (ethanol and unleaded mix petrol)?

David P

David Pasked

Hi guys i brought 2 weeks ago the 190cc self propelled with the yahmaha moter . this is powerful and good but 1 mega problem . the catcher only quarter fills and it clogs up even with dry grass. How do I fix this? Please help asap

Geoff the Geordie

Geoff the Geordieasked

I purchased a ryobi subaru 175cc mower around 2 years ago, and i have arthritis so the question i ask is...is there anyway i can slow down the drive speed a little , as i have a job keeping up with the walking speed, any help i would be grateful of.
Thanks, Geoff

q812475
q812475

Geoff, as you may noticed movement of accelerator handle does that, well kind of - being 4 stroke it is not highly adjustable. That is it unfortunately. Running it without load is absolutely OK. Please change the oil though. Good luck. Stan.

Rory67asked

My Ryobi Subaru 190ea mower starts and idles but after 5 minutes it revs up and down before stalls?? Fuel is clean. Oil is good? Spark plug maybe? Any help please?

Suby Sam
Suby Sam

Hi Rory67

You have my sympathies! So annoying! If it is brand new I'd firstly try and get a free replacement sparkplug from Bunnings and try that. My problem was a little different however it was the spark plug that was faulty in my case. From the research I did, Subaru specifies a Torch brand sparkplug but the ones sold here come fitted with an NGK plug. I wonder if that is the cause of a lot of the problems you read about on this site?

In the end I had to take my mower back because it was going through spark plugs like a hot knife goes through butter. I got a replacement mower but that ended up being faulty too - oil leaked badly from the bottom gasket on the engine block! After two strikes I gave up and got my money back and am thankful my Bunnings was great to deal with. It's a shame there are so many faulty ones because they are supposed to be commercial grade engines and when running correctly are absolutely magnificent. Now I have the problem of what to replace it with - check out the terrible reviews on the newer Briggs and Stratton engines. If you rule out Subaru and Briggs it sure does not leave much - Honda is way too much overkill for my small needs (and means).

I hope my answer helps.

Rory67

My ryobi is 18 months old and after using once a week has now only issues. Idles for 5 mins then revs like I am playing with the throttle then dies. I have replaced the spark plug and the air filter with new ones and still the issue continues. I cannot find any website for a help desk for Subaru or ryobi. I am now using my 20yr old Briggs that I hadn’t fired up in28 months and she burst into life

Nunna
Nunna

Check the fuel tap is turned on

Jade

Jadeasked

My fuel tap came off unexpectedly. Can I fix it or do I need to buy a replacement?

AFK

Hi - it usually just bolts onto the fuel valve base with a single bolt which should be easy to put back on - I found a company called toolspares.com.au that sell Ryobi parts for this mower - the fuel base part number is 400-60 16757-Z020120-00 and the fuel valve part number is 400-62 16752-Z020110-00
Regards
AFK

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives