Ryobi RLM4619SMB

Ryobi RLM4619SMB (page 2 of 7)

cheap and nasty

Had a good mower I'd been using for 15 years but my adult children thought I needed a new mower so they bought me a new Ryobi mower. This Ryobi is nice and shiny and cuts OK but is a piece of junk compared to my old mower.
The Ryobi blows smoke when first started and then the height adjustment arms and blade base rattle and vibrate like crazy.
You know with all the vibration things are going to start breaking and falling off - probably as soon as the warranty runs out. Anyway can't take it back to Bunnings because it was a gift but will keep my old mower to use when the Ryobi falls to bits.
Also the catcher is difficult to use and poor quality.
I advise you to pay a bit more and get a decent mower.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Ask for an old fella

Cuts well
Goes any where
Starts good @ easy to change oil @ clean filters I found folds up well to transport to other relations place they intend to buy one when they move out of rental property to there new place so I'll be mowing theirs till then (free of charge)
It's an easy job.

Takes a beating

Purchased from Bunnings mid 2014. I have not attempted to look after this mower at all. Never checked oil or air filter or spark plug. Never bothered to sharpen or replace blades. It starts first time every time. Coming into winter now so I've decided to give it it's first service after 4 years of abuse in a thick Sir Walter buffalo lawn.
4 years of trouble free mowing so far.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Lawnmower does the job very well

Ryobi mower with a Subaru motor.
Starts very easy and runs very well.
Never had a problem
Solid clippings catcher with mulching plug
Mulches very well.
Four swing blades
Very frugal on fuel, 4 stroke.
Had mower about 12 months now.
I Recommend this lawn mower for domestic and commercial use. Its a cracker.

Date PurchasedApr 2007

Not worth the money

Mower catcher is the worst for actually catching anything.
After 4 months the ignition coil has given up.
Heavy.
Needs refinement before they get a good name.
Purchased from Bunnings and they had a salesman there convincing people to buy these mowers.
About to return mine tomorrow and hopefully let them know what a POS it is.

Not worth $500 bucks

Had this mower for 2 months and from the first use it had a slight backfire once it heated up and when it hit thicker grass. The engine progressively got worse and started to smoke alot on start up. The catcher design is poor as you basically need to lift the flap on the catcher all the way up to remove the catcher resulting in a face full of grass clippings. I have used loads of mowers and cut loads of lawns and never had so much grass in my face when removing a catcher. Bunnings were great on return of the mower gave me a store credit and i swapped it over for a masport 486. Once the ryobi mower is refined and made more user friendly it will be a good machine, have a good look at what else you can buy for around the same money. More power doesn't mean a better mower.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great lawnmower, plenty of power

Has a subaru motor and 4 cutting blades. Easy valve start and runs very well cutting with ease. I would have given this mower 5 stars if not for the high amount of dirt and dust that blows out the top of the catcher. The catcher need to allow high air flow but it kicks up a lot of dust. If the lawn didnt have any bare patches might not be so dusty. Apart from that its a very good mower if a tad heavy but not a deal breaker

Pricy but good

Bought from bunnings a year ago and going strong. Much better than the electrical wired mower I used to own. Just make sure you check the petrol and oil level each time...Price is a bit steep and hopefully it last for a few years (warranty is good for ryobi product).

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Ferrari engine in a Leyland chassis

Subaru 190CC engine is a ripper. Starts first crank and has unbelievable torque yet runs very quietly. Mower body is a bit of a let-down however. Catcher is hard to remove and feels flimsy, as does the rest of the body, push handle and wheels. Still happy with the overall package however. Expect this mower to last me many years as I treat my tools with great care.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very easy to use!

I was skeptical on purchasing this as it had a Subaru engine and Dad had always told me to buy Briggs&Stratton lawn mower but I can't fault this!
Starts on the first pull every time.
The mulching capability is awesome!
I don't think the hubby has mowed the lawn since we've purchased this! :)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Efficient..

I have bought this one before six months no complaint s yet,easy to use n fast as well no fuss
cuts the grass in equal size and maintain s correct grass size a ND this is an wonderful lawn mower for a healthy and gerat looking lawn.. would strongly recommend to anyone,less oil goes long way..
Thank Ryobi.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great lawn mower

I enjoy using it on a fortnightly basis as i have a huge backyard and i since yet found it reliable and haven't had any issues with it whatsoever, i believe its a great lawnmower. I do not have any problems with it and i really like the warranty on it

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Whats the point of the catcher?

Brand new mower EA175V, only brought a small one as my lawn is extremley small. Sales man at bunnings said its a great mower and I purchased the line trimmer as well.
Got home and assembeled and set up etc and it started like a dream but first line on the lawn which is short and I notice grass left on the ground and find that the catcher has a handfull of grass in it and the rest is in the shoot going onto the ground? I tried adjusting the height etc but still no good so tried the mulcher I had to order as the store do not keep in stock which was really annoying and this also just plonks the grass on top and does not push it into the lawn lke my last mower did?
Also after I turn it off for a minute and try to restart it, its takes about 20 pulls from warm?? from cold 1 or 2 max?
Shame as its a nice looking lawnmower and the man at bunnings who was older and really seemed to know his stuff has steered me towards a lemon?
Thought I would try here for a solution and see its a common issue :(

This is a great mower

Great and easy to use mower. Like how you don’t have to mix the oil and petrol together. Very easy to use for females. It also comes with a mulcher if you don’t want to use the catcher. I live this mower over most of them. This mower has a great Subaru engine

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good but not Amazing

What I don't like about it is, The back lip juts out a bit too much past the back wheels. So going down steps the wheels don't reach and the metal at the back screeches down the front of the step. Other than that. It starts every time and runs super smooth.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Super happy with staff brought at bunnings Grafton used 4 times now very clean and tidy cut

Very happy I take pride on my lawns and have owned many lawn mowers but have never owned one that cuts and mulchs like this one very easy to push large catcher clean and tidy cut with the 4 blades very happy with purchase has a clean attachments to keep your lawn mower clean for the next use

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Solid performing mower

I bought this mower a bit over 6 months ago to cut around 250m2 of Buffalo Sapphire turf. At the time, I was tossing up between the lower powered petrol Ryobi or this model. I am glad I went with this model over the lower powered version for a couple of reasons which are outlined in the positives below.

Positives
1. If you have a buffalo variety turf, you will know that it can thicken up quite rapidly with a decent amount of rain. The extra power provided by this mower powers through those thick patches without a stutter.
2. Following on from the above point, the 4 blades and additional power cut the grass into fine clippings and as a result, even after mowing thick lawn, I can cut the entire 250m2 in about 4-5 catcher fulls.
3. Cleaning is easy with the built in hose attachment point so no excuse not to give the mower a good clean out after every mow
4. Has started on the first pull every time up until this point
5. Probably no better mower at this price point. Sure, a Honda mower is the Rolls Royce of mowers but if you just want a decent mow once or twice a fortnight, save the cash and buy the Ryobi.

Negatives
1. The plastic wheel "hub caps" tend to pop off from time to time for no apparent reason - minor issue as you can just press them back on

Overall, I would recommend this mower for those with buffalo variety turf. You could probably get away with the lower powered Ryobis if you have a couch lawn but if you are tossing up between the two, remember, you can never go wrong with more power! ;)

So far so good

I wrote a review on this product when I first bought it and was having problems with a sticky spring loaded kill switch at the bottom of the starter cable, which wasted the best part of a weekend before I realised what was happening. For some reason it was not published. Anyway after three months of use the kill switch no longer sticks and now it starts first time every time. Am happy with the machine, but still disappointed that Ryobi never bothered to respond to my minor warranty claim. Also the kill switch operation needs to be identified/described in the operating manual as it would have saved me a lot of time. On the bright side, it forced me to read up on 4 stroke lawnmowers and I learnt a lot.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Powerful machine with flaws

The motor on this mower is nice and powerful but is let down by the catcher design. Grass doesn't seem to flow through to the catcher like every other mower I have had and if there is any dampness in the grass, it just clumps up around the blades, which means sometimes I've had to stop the machine and clear it out by hand. Mower always starts easily.
Mower ended up leaking fuel from the primer bulb after a few months. Chose to get a refund and not to get the mower replaced.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

RYOBI RLM4619SMB GOOD!! seems like a good value mower

Okay I was like you, looking for a mower and looking at reviews. I search for two weeks at buying one, , I looked at all the models and sizes. well I was going to get the Masport 490 from Bunnings, but ended up buying this one RYOBI RLM4619SMB. ITS A GOOD MOWER, Cuts the grass well 4 blade, you must get 4 blades better cut. it is a heavy mower so understand its a little bit harder to push up hills, if you have hills get the Masport 350 propelled mower. My block is 950sm normal block in the subs. The RYOBI mower cuts well on my first time mowing so I am happy with it. the filter is cheep to buy $10 and the replacement blades are too $20, parts can be costly you are not looking at parts now but blade do ware out. the bad points of the mower are the throttle on the handle can easily be knock while mowing under trees. the handle clamps do don't seem that strong but I have had no trouble yet and easy to fix anyway if something should happen. lastly the catcher is okay its big in all but I will never use it I find the mulched will do fine on every mow. The mower is powerful with the 190cc Subaru motor I disliked looking for a good mower I am glad I brought this one and its over, I got it from Bunnings.

April 30th 2018 Update: 6 months in.

I have had it for 6 months now. Its a strong motor. Would i buy it again No. Why? Little things i just don't like. The grass catcher is difficult to remove once full. Going under pushes the throttle knob gets caught mower turns off. Heavy mower to push. Petrol cap hard to put on. But saying that. The motor mower cuts well does a good job. My neighbour bought one as well his wheel fell off. Little off putting.

Date PurchasedDec 2017