Ryobi RLT36

Ryobi RLT36

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A Pair Of Scissors Would Be Better

Lasted me 6 months before battery stopped charging. Ryobi would not replace under the manufacture warranty even though the date stamped on the product was well within the warranty time frame. Customer service just wanted to pass me off to Bunnings and showed no interest in resolving my issue.
A month later they asked me to review the product online. They then said that my review could not be published because it did not conform to their guidelines. Apparently the truth is not what Ryobi want printed online.
Very disappointed in can organisation that size.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

Alessgg

AlessggSydney, NSW

Bump Head Useless.

I found the bump head useless. It would not feed line. If I manually pull apart the head and manually feed some line it invariably breaks within 20 seconds. Easier to do the trimming with my bare hands. The actual model I have is the RTL3600E which is not listed here as an option. It is still marked available on the Ryobi web site.
Bunnings are the sole distributor for Ryobi which make the cheapest price guarantee useless.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

PaoloForestville

Was ok but crap battery that dies every 18 month, which contravenes consumer protection laws.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

PaulSydney

Cant recommend brand RLT3600C

While working did reasonable job, the bump head was next to useless (changed design not long after purchased) as would chew through line very quickly ... but didn't expect motor to burn out just 5 months out of warranty but read happens quite often ...as with others Ryobi doesn't want to know, basically saying stupid you buying something with only two year warranty (even with new 6 year warranty wouldn't touch the brand again)

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Paul

Update: haven't heard anything back since last time (16 April) provided info again ... poor service = poor product :(

Great - Really convenient. Only trouble is a poor bump head

First day I used this I got really frustrated with the single cutting line bump head. Kept on snapping off too short for bump to work. I replaced it with a Little Juey head, and now I love it. As good as a petrol line trimmer and so much easier.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

A great review!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Serious design fault !

I bought two of these. ( Mainly because I needed two batteries and a second battery cost almost as much as a complete kit ) First battery charger failed after a few uses. Both strimmers failed after a month or so due to the connector to the motor melting and breaking off. Very difficult to repair, - and the same would happen again if a new motor was fitted. maybe this fault has been put right in RLT36B, but don't know.

Total rubbish!!

Gaz

GazNowra

good unit but can't buy bulk line

I bought this unit with hedge trimmer and extendable tree branch trimmer/cutter. All work well. I have a spare battery and charger but have not yet needed them. Battery life is excellent so far. Plenty of power for doing my edges and very quiet. The only problem I have is buying trimmer line. Only available in cartridges if in stock. Bunnings must make a fortune selling these. Should be able to buy bulk and wind your own and save a lot of money. Must be a way. Cost me about $10 each use for line cartridge that you can't re use.
light, quiet, battery life good, can use battery on variety of other tools
Line very expensive. cannot buy bulk line. Alittle arkward in tight areas

See all Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 reviews

Mooasked

Does battery have a life span? I have had my whipper sniper for a good 4 years plus and it has decided to play up for the first time. It goes without the line in as soon as I set it up it doesn't want to go. Amanda.

Kaye FP
Kaye FP

I've only had mine for a couple of years so I can't comment on the battery life span, sorry.

Hi Amanda,

To answer your question regarding the battery, yes, they do have a lifespan and it could be (but may not be) that yours is at its end after 4 years. You’ve done well to get 4+ years out of a battery!

Your snipper may or may not be at the end of its life as I’m sure (don’t quote me on this) that these snippers have a brush motor, like an alternator on your car, and will eventually need new brushes.

It could be either, but if you’re happy with the snipper and want to see it at its best, you could try another battery to begin with. If that doesn’t solve your problem it’s time to open it up for a look.

Cheers
Keith

Moo

Thanks Keith. I will try both.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryBattery Whipper Snippers