Ryobi RLT36

Ryobi RLT36 Questions & Answers

1 question from our users

Mooasked

RLT36

Does battery have a life span? I have had my whipper sniper for a good 4 years plus and it has decided to play up for the first time. It goes without the line in as soon as I set it up it doesn't want to go. Amanda.

Kaye FP
Kaye FP

I've only had mine for a couple of years so I can't comment on the battery life span, sorry.

Keithy
Keithy

Hi Amanda,

To answer your question regarding the battery, yes, they do have a lifespan and it could be (but may not be) that yours is at its end after 4 years. You’ve done well to get 4+ years out of a battery!

Your snipper may or may not be at the end of its life as I’m sure (don’t quote me on this) that these snippers have a brush motor, like an alternator on your car, and will eventually need new brushes.

It could be either, but if you’re happy with the snipper and want to see it at its best, you could try another battery to begin with. If that doesn’t solve your problem it’s time to open it up for a look.

Cheers
Keith

Moo

Thanks Keith. I will try both.

See all Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives