Ryobi RLT36B

Ryobi RLT36B

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jimmy Kay

Jimmy KayHobart, TAS

just a toy,,

under-powered toy, changing lines is a fiddly pain in the butt as manual makes very little sense. no wonder it was discontinued. avoid this waste of money & stick to petrol snippers etc

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $250.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

Problem with new line installation

I've had the same problem putting in a new line!
How on earth do you do it. Instructions are no help at all.
Where can I find out how to actually do this?
Even You Tube instructions make no sense for replacing a line, only how to install on a new one.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Piece of junk

It cuts OK but trying to change the line is a nightmare of fiddly pieces of cheap plastic. You would think it would all be easier - it should be obvious what goes where and and it should snap into place - not a bit of it. Primitive engineering and what is it with that spike you have to use to take the head off? It must have cost $25 to manufacture. Also bought yesterday at Bunnings and says here discontinued. Royally ripped off. Also, the manual has tiny unclear diagrams.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
scottt

scotttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK if you already have the battery

I bought this line trimmer because I already have the battery with a Ryobi mower (which is great). I use the line trimmer to trim and edge (no way I am buying two separate tools). I find it does the job ok but is a bit lacking in power and precision. It is awkward to hold for edging for long periods of time.
I find the bump head doesn't work properly so I typically push down the bump head with one hand and pull one end of the line through with the other hand, then pull the other end of the line through (obviously while it is not running!).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Smoke

I used this item for about 2.5 years about every 3 weeks, then needed to knock down half a dozen tuffs of grass. The motor just slowed down and when I tried to use it again smoke came out of the motor and that was the end. We should have been warned if this item was only able to cope with light grass and not the occasional tuff of paspalum. This sort of product from this well known brand should have lasted much longer and now I question weather to buy the same brand as its replacement. This is a difficult choice as I have the Ryobi 36vlt Lawnmower and the Ryobi 36vlt Hedgetrimer as my main garden tools. what assurance do we have this new trimmer is a more robust product?

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Better than Expected

Have had a petrol Trimmer for years. Moved to this as the generation of kids coming through like plug and play. It is far better than expected, powerful, quiet, did my house block twice on one charge. Would recommend.

This product also comes with various attachments and I hear the Chainsaw version is good also. People use them for camping and recharge during the day. Speaking of recharge it only takes an hour. Will see how it lasts.

pharlap61

pharlap61South East Queensland, QLD

2years and dying

Using it today and it just stopped .if you give the head unit a knock it goes then just stops again .going to pull the motor apart tomorrow and see if i can repair i think the brushes are stuffed .will tell u the fault soon.i havent had a bad run put of this but a new one is just stupid pricing now for something that is so cheaply built

dmb

dmbAU

worked 5 times

Worked fantastically for 5 times then had smoke pouring out and engine parts melted.
Was only used to do front yard .The time it "melted" it had only been on for 2 or less minutes.
Have now read many review overseas complaining about the same problem.
Bunnings happily replaced it.

See all Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 reviews