Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33

2.3

Spoodge6

Spoodge6Sydney, NSW

Very happy

Contrary to other reviews this handles most buffalo runners on low power and all on high power. Battery has not run out on me when using for 25min (5ah) Can’t comment on longevity as only had 2 months. I have not had an issue with pulling more cord out but I have not had to replace any cord yet. The cord that comes with it is pretty good. Very happy and had no issues.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$400.00.

Grass Type Short grass and Thick, heavy grass or weeds
Jimmy Kay

Jimmy KayHobart, TAS

just a toy,,

under-powered toy, changing lines is a fiddly pain in the butt as manual makes very little sense. no wonder it was discontinued. avoid this waste of money & stick to petrol snippers etc

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$250.00.

Grass Type Short grass

A Pair Of Scissors Would Be Better

Lasted me 6 months before battery stopped charging. Ryobi would not replace under the manufacture warranty even though the date stamped on the product was well within the warranty time frame. Customer service just wanted to pass me off to Bunnings and showed no interest in resolving my issue.
A month later they asked me to review the product online. They then said that my review could not be published because it did not conform to their guidelines. Apparently the truth is not what Ryobi want printed online.
Very disappointed in can organisation that size.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Grass Type Short grass
Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

See all Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 reviews

Mooasked

RLT36

Does battery have a life span? I have had my whipper sniper for a good 4 years plus and it has decided to play up for the first time. It goes without the line in as soon as I set it up it doesn't want to go. Amanda.

Kaye FP
Kaye FP

I've only had mine for a couple of years so I can't comment on the battery life span, sorry.

Hi Amanda,

To answer your question regarding the battery, yes, they do have a lifespan and it could be (but may not be) that yours is at its end after 4 years. You’ve done well to get 4+ years out of a battery!

Your snipper may or may not be at the end of its life as I’m sure (don’t quote me on this) that these snippers have a brush motor, like an alternator on your car, and will eventually need new brushes.

It could be either, but if you’re happy with the snipper and want to see it at its best, you could try another battery to begin with. If that doesn’t solve your problem it’s time to open it up for a look.

Cheers
Keith

Moo

Thanks Keith. I will try both.

bob

bobasked

RLT36X33

how to change cutting cord?

Keithy

Unlike other brand whipper snippers, DO NOT cut the cord (to create two sections). Feed the cord through the centre of the feed head (with the retaining nut off - obviously). Once you feel you have enough length through, wrap the cord around the spool. Im pretty certain there are arrows to show the direction, but if not, you'll notice the cord comes out of the spool centre at an angle anyway, continue in that direction.

Hoo roo

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives