Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33

Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 (page 2 of 2)

RLT36, RLT36B, RLT36X33

2.5

Gaz

GazNowra

good unit but can't buy bulk line

I bought this unit with hedge trimmer and extendable tree branch trimmer/cutter. All work well. I have a spare battery and charger but have not yet needed them. Battery life is excellent so far. Plenty of power for doing my edges and very quiet. The only problem I have is buying trimmer line. Only available in cartridges if in stock. Bunnings must make a fortune selling these. Should be able to buy bulk and wind your own and save a lot of money. Must be a way. Cost me about $10 each use for line cartridge that you can't re use.
light, quiet, battery life good, can use battery on variety of other tools
Line very expensive. cannot buy bulk line. Alittle arkward in tight areas

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Not as good as the mower but still OK

Bought this to go with the mower. Works well on our buffalo and consumes very little of the batteries capacity. Only has a small diameter whipper so wouldn't use it on an overgrown garden or on thick weeds but works well for my uses. Also very light and easy to manouvere.
Quiet, light

Marty
Marty
Clom

ClomMELBOURNE

Not for serious gardening

Motor burnt out on third use. Worked reasonably on the thinner grass but couldn't handle the thicker stuff. I thought I was being careful but a single long strand of grass got wrapped around the shaft, this caused a steady build up of friction that, by the time I noticed the smoke, burnt out the motor.
The battery life was better than expected and very quiet too
Not enough power and too easy to burn out engine

engineer.h
engineer.h

Burnt mine , cord hit few bricks and the friction burnt it our. bought from bunnings

Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

See all Ryobi RLT36B / RLT36 / RLT36X33 reviews

Mooasked

RLT36

Does battery have a life span? I have had my whipper sniper for a good 4 years plus and it has decided to play up for the first time. It goes without the line in as soon as I set it up it doesn't want to go. Amanda.

Kaye FP
Kaye FP

I've only had mine for a couple of years so I can't comment on the battery life span, sorry.

Hi Amanda,

To answer your question regarding the battery, yes, they do have a lifespan and it could be (but may not be) that yours is at its end after 4 years. You’ve done well to get 4+ years out of a battery!

Your snipper may or may not be at the end of its life as I’m sure (don’t quote me on this) that these snippers have a brush motor, like an alternator on your car, and will eventually need new brushes.

It could be either, but if you’re happy with the snipper and want to see it at its best, you could try another battery to begin with. If that doesn’t solve your problem it’s time to open it up for a look.

Cheers
Keith

Moo

Thanks Keith. I will try both.

bob

bobasked

RLT36X33

how to change cutting cord?

Keithy

Unlike other brand whipper snippers, DO NOT cut the cord (to create two sections). Feed the cord through the centre of the feed head (with the retaining nut off - obviously). Once you feel you have enough length through, wrap the cord around the spool. Im pretty certain there are arrows to show the direction, but if not, you'll notice the cord comes out of the spool centre at an angle anyway, continue in that direction.

Hoo roo

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives