Ryobi RLT36SB

Ryobi RLT36SB

3.3

Kenmac

KenmacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pity about the line feed

I am very happy with the performance of the trimmer. Great battery life. Also purchased the blower which is first class. Does a better job than my electric blower. However both products are very loud. But so are the petrol driven products. The only complaint I have, at least at this stage, is that the line feed on the trimmer I find to be next to useless. I have to keep undoing the line feed to get more cord. Ryobi should consider providing an alternative as they do with their petrol driven trimmer. That is a fitting that just takes two pieces of cord at a time. I had this with my petrol trimmer and found it to be much more convenient than pulling the spool apart. Thinking of buying the mower next.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    dmb

dmbAU

only last 5 uses

Was difficult to install head.
    Worked brilliantly.
    Used the optional head with 2 pieces of line hanging out (these are fantastic).

Very powerful. Only used it on front yard edges and trimming .Smoke started pouring out of it on its 5th use.Stopped using it and left in on the grass smoldering .Was still smoking with melted engine parts 30 mins later. Took it back to Bunnings for a replacement.
    Have a new one , but will have to waste another 45 plus minutes trying to get it together and then who knows if it will burn out like overseas reviews warn for the 36V range.
    Just glad I still had a receipt and was still under waranty.

Benno