Ryobi RPW190BL-G

Ryobi RPW190BL-G Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Vicasked

I need a new pressure washer , the karcher I had was a plastic pump. is the 150 good enough, or should i go higher

how much is the ryobi 190 pressure washer

is the 150 good enough or do i go for the 190 pressure washer

Jeffro

Depends on your needs. If you want to make quick work of stubborn dirt, the more powerful, the better in my books.

Chris
Chrisasked

Thank you for the excellent review of this power washer. Can other Ryobi accessories be attached to this machine - for example, a car brush and a patio/deck surface cleaner?

Jeffro

As long as the accessory in question has a metal 1/4" quick connector attachment on it, then yes, you can use it, along with a host of third-party pressure washer accessories too, such as this example from Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/Tool-Daily-Attachment-Pressure-Connector/dp/B0893NL6VK/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=pressure+washer+tips&qid=1602473391&sr=8-12

Tom Casked

I have just purchased a Ryobi RPW190BL-G and am very impressed with it. I agree with all of Jeffro's comments including the PROs and CONS.

It really removed some 20 years of dirt and grim from a concrete pathway.

Just three things -
1: That supplied stiff high-pressure hose does become a pain in a very short time.
2: The plastic hose adapter fitted to my washer is screwed in at an angle.
It still works ok but is there any way I can remove to fit a brass connector?
3: The sealed opening opposite the Hose Adaptor - Can this be "unsealed" and another hose connected?

Jeffro

1. Yeah, it is annoying, isn't it! It does seem to loosen up a little over time, but you also eventually learn how to manipulate it so it's not so tiresome to pack it away afterwards.
2. If it's damaged, claim warranty if required. Don't suffer with it, and I also would avoid any modifications that could upset that warranty.
3. I'm not sure - never looked at that part.

Also as a sidenote, having recently experienced a true 3000psi industrial-grade petrol-powered pressure washer, I can say that Ryobi's unit is definitely still a good competitor. I now reckon the "true" output of the Ryobi is less than 2750psi, possibly closer to 2500psi (but not below that), but the gap to a petrol unit is not as great as I expected it would be, so yeah - I still think the Ryobi is a great value product!

Hi Jeffro
Thanks for the prompt reply. My washer on its first task started to leak around the fitted plastic hose adaptor. Not bad at first, and I was able to finish the job. However the next morning it just failed and water everywhere.

I don't know if it's just my washer but the plastic adaptor could not be tightened and it just spun around in either direction, plus the part with the rubber ring washer looks like it was screwed into the adaptor at an angle

Just a shame as I was really impressed with the excellent job that the washer did on a very dirty concrete path that has not been cleaned for some 20 years.

So why fit a cheap plastic part at an identified failure point while they have used brass fitting elsewhere on the washer, and why not make it removable so that a brass fitting can be attached?

Back to Bunnings this morning and they will exchange it when the replacement unit comes in later this week.

Ali T.asked

Where to find the hose for it I couldn't find it at bunnings there is only a hose fits the 140 160 and 170 model only not this 190 model thx

Jeffro

It already comes with everything you need. The hose is included.

Ali T.

Thx for the answer but I broke the hose I need another one

Jeffro

If it broke under general use, see if you can warrant it. Your consumer rights still protect you if the hose didn't last long enough that anyone else would reasonably expect it to last for.

robert w.
robert w.asked

where can i buy one in hervey bay

Jeffro

Have you checked your local Bunnings?

Robert W.asked

Did you mange to find a suitable wash for this?

Jeffro

Currently trialling a commercial grade soap (not over the counter stuff), which is working better than before, but this stuff is also really soapy, not in terms of froth, but greasiness. Once I've finished with the car, I have to do an extra pass over the driveway, or it bubbles up the next time it gets wet.

Robert W.

Jesus. Sounds like a nightmare. I bought one today. Happy with it minus trying to find a soap concentrate and the pressure hose. Its a nightmare... have you upgraded?

Jeffro

I'm going to finish this greasy soap off (I got a big 20 litre bottle of it cheap - now I know why) and then switch to something else. The joy of trial and error adventure! =)

Jack S.asked

can the unit be turned down, for windows etc? & what is this about having to flush the soap system ? can i flush it with water?

Jeffro

The unit does not have variable pressure, ie: no variable trigger - it's either on or off only. You have to move the lance further or closer to the subject being cleaned to increase or reduce effective pressure being applied.

When using the blue soap nozzle (or no nozzle at all), the unit pumps at a much slower rate for the purpose of dispersing soap, but there's practically no pressure behind it. When you attach the yellow or black (turbo) nozzle, the unit kicks into high gear.

The black (turbo) nozzle should ONLY be used when cleaning concrete or stripping paint off something. All the other nozzles are safe for all other applications. I use the blue one to disperse soap on my house windows and then the yellow one to blast it all off.

When you switch from the blue nozzle to the yellow nozzle, there is a couple of seconds of soap flow while it being flushed out to go clean again. Likewise, when you switch from the yellow nozzle to the blue nozzle, there's a couple of seconds of clean water before the soap appears. Soap is mixed into the flow automatically form the reservoir at the front-base of the unit whenever you use the blue nozzle. Soap is not mixed into the flow when you use the yellow or black nozzles.

Jack S.

Thank you, have ordered from bunnings.

Kris
Krisasked

Is there a patio cleaner attachment for this machine?

Jeffro

Inventory Item Number 0018774 at Bunnings is probably what you want, but it says it's only compatible up to the Ryobi RPW170-G, not the RPW190BL-G, so I can't say for sure if it will suit your needs.

But honestly, the turbo nozzle is pretty damned good - you don't really need the patio cleaner attachment.

Dennis
Dennisasked

Where can I buy rpw 190 bl g

Bunnings sell them.

ROBB TOLHOEKasked

I am looking at this model .. and it looked great until I saw the water 5.7 LPM .. it seems not enough when most other types and brands of water Pressure pumps use far more water to clean with .. even the most small cheaper models .. Why is this ?? Is it true more water flow the better ?

Jeffro

When you operate the unit with no power applied, it dribbles out at a rate that is definitely below natural hose pressure. When the power is on but with no head attached to the lance, it also dribbles out, but at a slightly higher rate. However when power is on with a high-pressure head attached, it goes full-blast.

So the key here is not so much the flow rate, but how the selected head that you attach concentrates the water. The included black power head that is intended only for cleaning concrete DOES IN FACT REMOVE PAINT FROM CONCRETE, and with extreme ease too! It makes the pressure more than powerful enough to do so - you would never use the black head to clean your car because it will literally strip the panel.

The included yellow high-pressure head is used for car cleaning or more delicate concrete cleaning, and the included blue low-pressure soap head sprays the water out without any degree of pressure that would clean anything off (since it's intended purpose is to disperse diluted soap, not to blast things).

I would assume that the low flow rate contributes to an overall water saving, but this unit is definitely no slouch when it comes to heavy duty cleaning duties.

ROBB TOLHOEK

Thanks for your answer, I am on a rainwater tank supply, so it does help .. I like the simplicity of moving it around with the big wheels... Where as the other standup types are harder to handle..

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

Other Electric Pressure Washers