Ryobi RVC-1220I-G

Ryobi RVC-1220I-G

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (1)

Bought to change sand filter

I bought this machine to remove 160kg of wet old sand from my pool sand filter. It did the job very well and the cost compares favourably to hiring. The stainless steel feels a little flimsy but at least that makes it light when the motor is detached when carting the wet sand away.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings for $99.00.

Poor Spare Part Accessibility

Whilst a powerful and reliable , unfortunately the spare parts required more suited to this climate are difficult to locate? The foam filter, and the rubber sealing beading on the lid are extremely difficult to find a provider on line! In this climate the Garden effluence soon degrades the Foam filter. I have had it for over a year and would recommend the supplier provides 3 foam filters standard with details on replacement in the UK? That would be at least 5 star rating. I use it to clean artificial grass.

Purchased in March 2018 at Home Base.

Explorer

ExplorerSouth East Queensland, QLD

A good industrial vaccum cleaner

Suites well for industrial use. Dry as well as wet vaccum works perfectly well. Design feature is not good. Also the powerful motor sucks everything into it effectively and in fast paced manner

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Ryobi RVC-1220I-G compares to other Commercial Vacuum Cleaners

Tigre

TigreAU

Needs work

This is a cheap vacuum around $99 that performs ok but gets kind of irritating to use as you go on. Two real problems: the tube feels plasticy and cheap and continually comes apart, even when you jam it together. A better solution would be to have tubes that click together rather than rely on compression. Secondly, the cord is woefully short. Why would you have normal vacuums with great retractable cords and then a workshop vacuum which you have to move when you get out of range? The whole thing looks like an exercise in cost cutting but i would have happily paid a little extra to have something more user friendly. It's a lovely colour though...

Mani

ManiPerth, WA

Powerful

It is a high power vacuum that sucks very well I am very happy with it’s suction power, it is very light weight and does not make too much sound and very easy to work with. I used it on carpet on tiles almost everywhere in house , I just love this vacuum.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Marz

Marz

great vacuum - sucks up even the finest dust!

I saw this vac when a tradie was using it on my reno job. Went straight to Bunnings and bought it the next day!
It is easy to manoeuvre about and the bag is large enough not to need replacing very often. With wooden floors it is the best thing, sucking up all the fine dust and cat hair.
Recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Cliffy34

Cliffy34ADELAIDE

A vacuum for the rough jobs

We bought this for cleaning outdoors, under the Pergola and in the Garage, where I prefer not to use my Dyson. We paid just $89 and it appears to work very well for its purpose. The 1.8m plastic hoses are cheap and tacky, but they managed to vacuum inside my car adequately this morning. Suction is good, haven't tried the blower bit as yet.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Melissa Rose

Melissa Roseasked

What is the chain that hangs down dragging on the ground?

thetrigman
thetrigman

I believe that in certain applications this vacuum is permanently installed in a workshop/workstation and switched on remotely with plumbing etc and the chain is to prevent it walking away over time.

Budasked

The On/Off Switch on top of Ryobi is not working? Feels soft when you press either side. What is the problem?

Awaiting answet

Bud

Second time to write this! The On/ Off Switch is Not Working on my Ryobi. What is the Problem. Await your advice.

Bud

Still waiting to hear a reply.

PFK

PFKasked

I have a Ryobi wet and dray cleaner. It has been excellent. However, at the moment it is blowing fine dust out the exhaust outlet and not picking up as well as it has been. I have cleaned the filter. Any clues?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryCommercial Vacuum Cleaners