Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Clay R

Clay RScone

Only squashes and mangles

This was useless. Tried for an hour and adjusted blade at all settings. Did not cut or shred anything, had hedge clippings and just flattened and mangled them. Complete waste of 6 hours of my life as 2hr drive to go buy this Product from Bunnings as live rural. I have no idea how anyone could give favourable rating, I was shocked to see people do so. I wanted this to shred plant material to make mulch, did not do anything remotely like that.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
See all Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T reviews

Neil F.

Neil F.asked

How does the cast cover come off after the 4 screws have been removed?

Paul
Paul

No idea. Check out YouTube .

JohnOH
JohnOH

Dunno; have not had the need to remove it as yet... sorry

Erikasked

my Ryobi shredder which is just 6 mth out of warranty has developed a problem in that after stalling on a branch it will predominantly run in reverse irrespective of the forward /reverse switch setting, togling the start/stop switch a number of times sometimes helps.
any ideas would be appreciated

Erik

I hope the remedy I found will help someone else.
The problem was a faulty start capacitor 60uF 450volt ac, but to replace this I had to dismantle the shredder completely.

Curious

Curiousasked

Which shredder is which? Your picture and product code and review descriptions seem to mismatch. Bunnings is advertising two at the moment with $90 between them.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryGarden Shredders