Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

Doesnt seem to last that long though appears sid

I went to use it yest and it started and did few branches and then it stopped..
That was about three times in total ive used it since we bought it ?about 2yrs ago ..
We bought it from bunnings like we do nearly all tools.
It appears solid.,still looks new but we believe that the quality of items hve really deteriorated since being manufactured in china..
Honestly things seems to break dwn easily and made purposefully to break dwn just after bit of use..

Purchased in April 2016.

Unsatisfactory

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Gardener

GardenerKilmore

Adjusting blades

I am sorry to be agreeing with the negative comment here as I am having the same trouble. It seems that other comments have mentioned adjusting the blades. Yes I have read the instructions, but unfortunately I don't understand what I am undoing with the allen key?? Simple suggestions would be gratefully received.
This is likely the user at fault (me). I wasn't going to give a star rating because at present I am hating my new purchase, but if anyone can explain what I am doing with the allen key and how I adjust the blades so I can shred into small pieces I would be more than happy to rate it higher.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Garden Shredders

Find out how Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T compares to other Garden Shredders

Clay R

Clay RScone

Only squashes and mangles

This was useless. Tried for an hour and adjusted blade at all settings. Did not cut or shred anything, had hedge clippings and just flattened and mangled them. Complete waste of 6 hours of my life as 2hr drive to go buy this Product from Bunnings as live rural. I have no idea how anyone could give favourable rating, I was shocked to see people do so. I wanted this to shred plant material to make mulch, did not do anything remotely like that.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
NeoSamurai

NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Didn't 'shred' or mulch at all - only mangled and repeatedly clogged. Returned it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
See all Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T reviews

Neil F.

Neil F.asked

How does the cast cover come off after the 4 screws have been removed?

Paul
Paul

No idea. Check out YouTube .

JohnOH
JohnOH

Dunno; have not had the need to remove it as yet... sorry

Erikasked

my Ryobi shredder which is just 6 mth out of warranty has developed a problem in that after stalling on a branch it will predominantly run in reverse irrespective of the forward /reverse switch setting, togling the start/stop switch a number of times sometimes helps.
any ideas would be appreciated

Erik

I hope the remedy I found will help someone else.
The problem was a faulty start capacitor 60uF 450volt ac, but to replace this I had to dismantle the shredder completely.

Curious

Curiousasked

Which shredder is which? Your picture and product code and review descriptions seem to mismatch. Bunnings is advertising two at the moment with $90 between them.

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryGarden Shredders