Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T

See the Best Garden Shredders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ryobi

• Portability
  • Blade Durability
Emorphe
EmorpheMelbourne

Should be called the crumpler!

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Tonez
TonezSydney, NSW

Who needs a panda when you have this. Working as intended

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

A chopper not a mulcher. This does not mulch

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $449.00.

Doesnt seem to last that long though appears sid

I went to use it yest and it started and did few branches and then it stopped..
That was about three times in total ive used it since we bought it ?about 2yrs ago ..
We bought it from bunnings like we do nearly all tools.
It appears solid.,still looks new but we believe that the quality of items hve really deteriorated since being manufactured in china..
Honestly things seems to break dwn easily and made purposefully to break dwn just after bit of use..

Purchased in April 2016.

alan
alan

Really good, except...........

My Ryobi Silent Shredder worked perfectly, it shredded all I wanted big and small branches. However, I did wonder why the wood came out 'connected' with remaining bark. When I cleaned it after use, I found the pressure plate which is against the rotating blade was put in reversed, exactly as the manual says be careful NOT to do.
The overall performance was otherwise perfect.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Maralyn Manson
Maralyn MansonMargaret River, Western Australia

Simply set up and works with little or no mess

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Gardener
GardenerKilmore

Adjusting blades

I am sorry to be agreeing with the negative comment here as I am having the same trouble. It seems that other comments have mentioned adjusting the blades. Yes I have read the instructions, but unfortunately I don't understand what I am undoing with the allen key?? Simple suggestions would be gratefully received.
This is likely the user at fault (me). I wasn't going to give a star rating because at present I am hating my new purchase, but if anyone can explain what I am doing with the allen key and how I adjust the blades so I can shred into small pieces I would be more than happy to rate it higher.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
NeoSamurai
NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Didn't 'shred' or mulch at all - only mangled and repeatedly clogged. Returned it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Dan
DanLitchfield, NT

good shreeder

The shredder did work for a while and after emptying the rubbish would not go. Bunnings , Palmerston, N.T. and a phone call to Ryobi did solve the problem. The rubbish bucket must be but in with the lever to the rear. Problem solver and instructions could be better. All help to this not very smart person was greatly appreciated , thank you.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Posty
PostyBrisbane

A very good back yard shredder

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Tarun
Tarun

Good for getting rid of small branches

I bought Rayobi silent shredder last month. Satisfied with its performance, and it make less noise u can even use it late evening. Be careful not more than 45mm thick branch. Once it stuck u need to open the front to take it out. Electric motor no need to worry abt oils.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
JuzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Heavy duty, large cut diameter, good for fronds.

Ken
Ken asked

Trouble shooting shredder won’t start have checked lead and is getting power to the shredder

Mark P.
Mark P.asked

Hey, we just bought the shredder bulrushes I have it adjusted to take pencil thickness branches for a test run, it worked for about 10mins the stopped, i pressed the go button and it went backwards about half a turn then forwards a fraction then stopped again, it kept doing this while I held the go button and it stopped as soon as I took my finger off the button, the blade distance is not much smaller than the branches im practising on, ive seen some pretty large branches going through on youtube

Chas T.asked

does it shred green leaves

JohnOH
JohnOH

It is more a crusher that a shredder designed to chip branches into pieces about 2 ish cm long, Say I am doing palm fronds, the shafts are crushed so that I can put it on the garden as mulch but while the leaves are 'chewed' up to some extent they are still recognizable; Hope this is helpful

Sax
Sax

Anything too fibrous like fronds or banana leaves will end up stringy and possibly block the mechanism. Works better on drier leaves and timber - too green is not ideal.

See all Ryobi Silent Shredder RSH2445T questions

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives

CategoryGarden Shredders