Sabco Lightning Mop SAB3002

Sabco Lightning Mop SAB3002

1.0

DONNASydney, NSW

Sponge wont stay on

Purchased this mop and after using it a few times the mop head keeps coming off?? Very frustrating.
I went and purchased new sponge but same thing keeps happening.. think there is a fault with the design..

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$30.00.

DONNA

I believe I have the extra wide

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay, i can send you a refill to see if that will fix the issue. Just send me your address and full name and ill get that sent. Cheers

RickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mop head just keeps coming off the mop...so frustrating!

Mop head just won't stay on the mop!!! Very frustrating...i can't see anything that I'm supposed to be doing different. Disappointing... seems I have no choice but to go back to a normal mop.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, Could you confirm if its the lightning mop extra-wide or the normal lightning mop? and you had this issue with several refills or just the one? Cheers

Rick

Hi. It is the normal size. I haven't refilled it so I don't know.

Sabco C.Sabco

Okay, Could you please send me a picture of the mop and the holes in which the pegs go? Then i can pass this onto our warranty team as well as look for any issues with the product. Cheers

Sponge Replacements Rubbish

After trying to fit the Sabco sponge refills (unsuccessfully) I've decided NEVER to buy anything made by Sabco. So far wasted more than $40. I now find it cheaper to hire a Cleaner.

Mops & Buckets

Find out how Sabco Lightning Mop SAB3002 compares to other Mops & Buckets

SaffyWA, 6943

Sabco Lightning Mop.. Poor quality rusty Prouct

wam196

wam196Hervey bay

Absolute rubbish.

The sponges fall apart after around only 6 uses

I have used Sabco sponge mops for decades. In the last 3 years or so, the sponges are of very poor quality. They degrade after a few uses and seem to "rot" and fall apart, leaving bits all over the floor and then no "mopping" ability ie won't hold water. I always rinse them out thoroughly after use and air dry them. I use small amount of standard detergent in the water. Basically used them exactly the same way I have for decades. Sponges used to last over a year, now lucky to last a couple of months. I will throw out my 3 Sabco mop handles and try some other method. The sponges used to be very good but are now simply expensive for very poor quality ($13 for 2).

Charlie

CharlieCurrimundi

The sponge is expensive, short lasting rubbish.

The mop principle function is fine but the sponges are shoddy, short lived and ridiculously expensive. Maybe someone out there can fill the breach?

Allan S

Allan Sasked

Lightning Mop SAB3002

I too am feed up with the Sponges only lasting a month or less. I only use warm water and no cleaners . But when I read one of your responses I became aware why they don't last.
'Hi Jewel -
Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Sabco Lightning Mop. Sabco Lightning Mop Refill is made from highest quality 100% cellulose, .... Sponge mop refills are moist when packaged at the factory, but can dry out if the stock is old or has a rip in the packaging. Unfortunately, once this happens, the sponge will disintegrate....
Sabco posted on Dec 07, 2017'

I realise this is why they fail, they are made of cellulose. This is a product that is not lasting Are we expected to keep them in a sealed container with water so they do not dry out? Do you Sell (or maybe you should sell) a small device that can be clip over your mop and save the Cellulose Sponge?

Hi Allan -

Thanks for contacting us.
We would like to clarify that the cellulose actually can dry out between uses - it will rehydrate once the mop is wet again, apologies for the confusion on this.

We are working very hard with our factory to get to the bottom of the problems that our customers are having with these sponges and are also conducting many tests internally with our QC team.

If you email us at customerservice@sabco.com.au or contact us on 1800 066 522 we would be happy to send you some replacement sponges.

Thanks -

Saffy

Unfortunately Sabco Lightning Mop Sponges will disintegrate if you do not use them and becomes dry. Sabco needs to understand Australia in general has a hot weather and we have to use their own product with other cleaning products to clean a Dirty floor , this is the main purpose of Sabco Product. They need to define what they mean by [ made from highest quality 100% cellulose] if it the Sponges fails badly in a month time and the handle gets rusty, I get the same response as mine completely got rusty and disintegrated from the base with the handle.. The Unit has No Value for money at all. What is more interested and unfortunately they refused to refund me with one single cent. My advise is "Do not buy this Product and save your money.

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives