Sabco Lightning Mop SAB30023

Your original mop design actually worked!! Why was it changed?

I am absolutely dismayed at the newer designs of your mops. I have used Sabco mops for decades with no problems but the later designs are faulty in that the serrated edges on the inside of the bolt-hole cave in and the nuts go right through causing the sponge to come asunder. Next I purchased a larger 300mm Sabco mop from Bunnings. We couldn't get it out of the packet without causing the nuts to deform. I had one use out of this mop before before the sponge came unglued rendering it useless. Your design of years ago was perfect. Why was it changed?

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi Schminka - Thanks for the feedback - it is always nice to hear from people who have used Sabco for a long time and I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our sponge mops of late. Would you be interested in trialing one of our other style mops? These may suit your needs even better and provide a more satisfactory result. We have a new Slide to Wring Microfibre Mop that offers all the convenience of a Sponge Mop with the superior cleaning performance of microfibre. If you contact us on 1800 066 522 and mention this discussion, we would be happy to send you one with our compliments top try. Thanks - Sabco

Can’t get the dirty sponge off!

Tried so hard to get the dirty sponge off to replace it. Supposedly it’s an easy click to get off and then put a new one on. It is not. Avoid.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Sabco used to be SA Brush Coy, but with those letters I could now make up a more appropriate name

First off why isn't a rating of ZERO offered?
It was badged as a Lightning Extra Wide, so a pretty compelling offer which it didn't come up to because I couldn't even remove the wrapping.
Purchased at Bunnings - great store and they accepted me returning it. Had the same issue with removing the plastic retaining nuts so that the plastic cover could be removed. Turned them so hard, they deformed, but still did not budge.
At this point I logged in and found the other comments, so stopped there.
Returned to Bunnings for a swap with an Oates brand which we had used tirelessly, but after some years, it gave up. Sturdy and we could still even source the replacement brushes.
I should have known something was up as they also offered packs of replacement brushes which had more in them than Oates and were close to the price of the actual squeeze mop itself.