Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop (page 2 of 3)

SAB3002, SAB3001, SAB30022, etc...

1.4

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't find replacement sponges

I purchased my Sabco 4 post mop from my local Woolworths and when I went to buy replacement sponges the only ones my local Woolworths stock now are 2 post which don't fit my mop.

My suggestion is whenever you buy a mop that needs replacement sponges from any supplier you also purchase at least 12 months worth of replacement sponges at the same time

John J

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately my local Woolworths only stocks the 2 post refills - product code SAB31010

DebbieP

DebbiePSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t waste your money.....extremely poor quality.....you’ll be replacing it within a very short tim

I had trouble with my old Sabco mop with replacement sponges being very poor quality, so thought maybe it’s my mop head, so bought a new one. Twelve months on the holes where the replacement heads screw in are too big so won’t hold a replacement head. They are very poor quality. Don’t waste your money as the product is very poorly made and not made to last even a short amount of time.

No problems, until

I have had my Sabco Lightning Mop for around 5 years with no problems until recently. Up until now the mop handle and refill sponges have been great. I have been having trouble finding refill sponges, checking out Bunnings, Woolworths, Big W at least once a week. The sponges I had to buy last week we supposedly for either two our four pronged mops. Guess what they don't fit

SaffyWA, 6943

Sabco Lightning Mop.. Poor quality rusty Prouct

Sabco C.Sabco

It's a very expensive con don't ever buy it. A mop from $2 shop at a fraction of price lasts longer

I bought 2 packets of twin refills. Didn't use it for a while then decided to put new sponge on it disintegrated straight away, thought may be its one off used the second sponge in the packet it disintegrated even faster. Didn't even get one wash out of them. I would like to get the refund for this crap you are selling, it's a day light robbery.
I paid a fortune for the mop itself now I am stuck with it without sponges. Shame!!!

Misleading?

Why does your packaging say "Press to remove" knob, when it ought to read (as I eventually discovered) "Unscrew the 4 knobs to remove"? Now to see if it performs as badly as several reviewers have said. Hopefully not!

Hi Fred -
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will note this and update packaging for future runs.
Thanks -
Sabco

Sabco used to be SA Brush Coy, but with those letters I could now make up a more appropriate name

dont buy it

I agree with all the comments, sponges last two weeks at most - leaves bits of sponge all over the floors, probably the worst mop I have purchased, expensive to buy will be ditching it!

Robert

RobertCanberra

Terrible

Sponges break up really quickly. Plastic edges scrape the floor. I like the replaceable strip at the front. I've had Sabco mops before and they have been fine, but this one is awful.

wam196

wam196Hervey bay

Absolute rubbish.

Mark O

Mark OBrisbane

Used to have a really good model (SAB31019), but this one is junk.

Used to have a Lightning Quick Dry (SAB31019) but for some crazy reason they stopped making the refills for them. My friend has just used the last refill she had and still thinks it's the best mop ever.(31019). Sorry but the 30022 is hopeless (junk). The sponge just falls apart and then falls off. Why make something good and then discontinue it? Looks like it's back to Oates or Vileda.

Sponge is rubbish

I have used a Sabco mop for years but will no longer be doing so. The sponges now available literally disintegrate after a few uses. They dry out and go hard when not in use and do not wring out completely leaving a wet floor. Pick up your act Sabco!

Rubbish sponge mop

Sponge has no grip i.e. just slides over floors without any ability to rub surface clean. After one use just disintegrates during the next use. I have fallen into the expensive trap of buying these refill sponge mops thinking I may have had a dud batch.... but they are all useless. I will be returning several of them to the retailer.

annie

annie

Not happy with my Sabco product!

Am absolutely over shoddy Sabco floor mop sponge...used to be good but sponges do not last and the sponge pulls out of the mounting holes when sponge dries and curls up and hard to get back in...This is the green model ... had big problems with the model previous... No more Sabco mops for me!!.

The sponges fall apart after around only 6 uses

I have used Sabco sponge mops for decades. In the last 3 years or so, the sponges are of very poor quality. They degrade after a few uses and seem to "rot" and fall apart, leaving bits all over the floor and then no "mopping" ability ie won't hold water. I always rinse them out thoroughly after use and air dry them. I use small amount of standard detergent in the water. Basically used them exactly the same way I have for decades. Sponges used to last over a year, now lucky to last a couple of months. I will throw out my 3 Sabco mop handles and try some other method. The sponges used to be very good but are now simply expensive for very poor quality ($13 for 2).

Charlie

CharlieCurrimundi

The sponge is expensive, short lasting rubbish.

The mop principle function is fine but the sponges are shoddy, short lived and ridiculously expensive. Maybe someone out there can fill the breach?

Matto

MattoAdelaide

Very annoying, not happy!

Sponge pulls out off the mounting holes when sponge dries and curlers up. I am sure I am not the only person with this problem.

Dreadful.

This mop is dreadful. I struggled to get the sponge off the mop to take the packaging off. Now, every time I wring it, the sponge falls off, often into the bucket of hot, soapy water. Te sponge does not wring out well even if I hold it on myself during and after wringing, so my floors end up very wet, and so I end up with streaky, nasty looking floors. Terrible product.
Nothing
Sponge falls off, packaging frustrating, screw pins very difficult to use, sponge stays too wet, leaves floor covered in a lake

ando
ando

Sabco Lightning Mop

hi
your mop is junk it marks and takes paint off around the lower of cubords and around the outer of the bath as you get near them or try to get under the foot area it is far to high (thick) i got that mad i went outside and smashed it on the ground i cant belive anyone would put a thing like this on the shelf for sale
not much

CleanMachine

CleanMachineMelbourne

Save your time & money!

Complete rip off buy. Fell apart in no time. Expected better from an Australian company! It appears the A in Sabco should stand for abroad as that's the main influence for product it appears. Shame! Not the only time I've tried their products and felt disappointed. Had enough. I'll stick to Oates brand.

Waste of time & money no quality at all.

Tom N

Tom Nasked

Lightning Mop

Hi. I have a sabco breeze white plastic parts on handle. 4 post sponge mop and cannot find replacement sponges. My local Woolworths does not stock the 4 post sponge. Nor does the local Bunnings. As we cannot go out of 5 km zone at the moment where can I get one. I am in Williamstown Victoria postcode 3016. Also I have heard bad reviews on the quality of the sponge. I haven’t replaced mine for a few years and it’s crumbling so I have avoided using the mop. But this is a very convenient floor mop. I hope the sponge issues have been resolved. As my unit is till in very good condition

Janice

You can order them from Sabco. Some hardware stores also keep them. I havent had the problem with the sponges. They tend to shrink a lot when dry but once wet are fine.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Tom, you can actually get them at BigW - https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-sponge-mop-twin-refill-2-pack/p/177119/.
As for the quality. It seems some people has got some bad ones. We are still use the same high-quality french cellulose and we looking into whether its been a bad batch or chemical used while cleaning that has made the sponge deteriate faster then normal. Keeping in mind that after frequent use they do come apart, especially on a rough surface because it is a natural product.
Hope that help. Cheers

Robert m

Robert masked

Lightning Mop

I bought a wide mop to replace the old four post screw on sponge . The new push on type is a piece of rubbish . I tried to remove the plastic wrapping but couldn't . I had to destroy the posts to remove it .
The design is hopelessly faulty .Why ? My six year old grandson could design something better .
Junk !

Janice

I am sticking to the four post design as the size of the sponge fits into small areas at my place. There is still a problem with the holes for the screws, but I will persist, and ask for a replacement when it fails. I tried an Oates push on type which broke after two uses. When I returned it to the supermarket following no response from Oates re my two complaints to them, the sales person said they had a four returned prior to me for refunds.

Rob
Rob

I had the same problem with the wide Sabco mop, just fell apart. Sabco replaced it, after I complained on this site, but I asked for the smaller one which is much better in design and has the scew on sponge.

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi Robert, We are indeed aware of the issue with our Extra Wide lightning mop and are currently improving the design and functionality. Im sorry for the problems this has caused. I can offer to send you a replacement of the EXTRA Wide Lightning mop or get you a standard size one as we did for Rob who commented. This is a bit smaller but comes with screws instead of the push system. Alternatively, if you want a different type of mop we can talk about getting you something else. Cheers

Flossie

Flossieasked

Lightning Mop

Do you still make the sabco breeze mop if so where can I buy one I have been looking for ages in the Sutherland shire. Thankyou Faye

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, you can purchase a sabo Breeze mop at your local Woolworths https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/807431/sabco-breeze-mop or a Breeze mop 2 at your local BigW https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-breeze-2-mop/p/455620/
Hope that help :) Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives

Compare all 5 Sabco Lightning Mop