Sabco Lightning Mop

Sabco Lightning Mop (page 2 of 2)

SAB3001, SAB3002, SAB30022, etc...

1.3

Misleading?

Why does your packaging say "Press to remove" knob, when it ought to read (as I eventually discovered) "Unscrew the 4 knobs to remove"? Now to see if it performs as badly as several reviewers have said. Hopefully not!

Hi Fred -
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will note this and update packaging for future runs.
Thanks -
Sabco

Sabco used to be SA Brush Coy, but with those letters I could now make up a more appropriate name

dont buy it

I agree with all the comments, sponges last two weeks at most - leaves bits of sponge all over the floors, probably the worst mop I have purchased, expensive to buy will be ditching it!

Robert

RobertCanberra

Terrible

Sponges break up really quickly. Plastic edges scrape the floor. I like the replaceable strip at the front. I've had Sabco mops before and they have been fine, but this one is awful.

wam196

wam196Hervey bay

Absolute rubbish.

Mark O

Mark OBrisbane

Used to have a really good model (SAB31019), but this one is junk.

Used to have a Lightning Quick Dry (SAB31019) but for some crazy reason they stopped making the refills for them. My friend has just used the last refill she had and still thinks it's the best mop ever.(31019). Sorry but the 30022 is hopeless (junk). The sponge just falls apart and then falls off. Why make something good and then discontinue it? Looks like it's back to Oates or Vileda.

Sponge is rubbish

I have used a Sabco mop for years but will no longer be doing so. The sponges now available literally disintegrate after a few uses. They dry out and go hard when not in use and do not wring out completely leaving a wet floor. Pick up your act Sabco!

Rubbish sponge mop

Sponge has no grip i.e. just slides over floors without any ability to rub surface clean. After one use just disintegrates during the next use. I have fallen into the expensive trap of buying these refill sponge mops thinking I may have had a dud batch.... but they are all useless. I will be returning several of them to the retailer.

annie

annie

Not happy with my Sabco product!

Am absolutely over shoddy Sabco floor mop sponge...used to be good but sponges do not last and the sponge pulls out of the mounting holes when sponge dries and curls up and hard to get back in...This is the green model ... had big problems with the model previous... No more Sabco mops for me!!.

The sponges fall apart after around only 6 uses

I have used Sabco sponge mops for decades. In the last 3 years or so, the sponges are of very poor quality. They degrade after a few uses and seem to "rot" and fall apart, leaving bits all over the floor and then no "mopping" ability ie won't hold water. I always rinse them out thoroughly after use and air dry them. I use small amount of standard detergent in the water. Basically used them exactly the same way I have for decades. Sponges used to last over a year, now lucky to last a couple of months. I will throw out my 3 Sabco mop handles and try some other method. The sponges used to be very good but are now simply expensive for very poor quality ($13 for 2).

Charlie

CharlieCurrimundi

The sponge is expensive, short lasting rubbish.

The mop principle function is fine but the sponges are shoddy, short lived and ridiculously expensive. Maybe someone out there can fill the breach?

Matto

MattoAdelaide

Very annoying, not happy!

Sponge pulls out off the mounting holes when sponge dries and curlers up. I am sure I am not the only person with this problem.

Dreadful.

This mop is dreadful. I struggled to get the sponge off the mop to take the packaging off. Now, every time I wring it, the sponge falls off, often into the bucket of hot, soapy water. Te sponge does not wring out well even if I hold it on myself during and after wringing, so my floors end up very wet, and so I end up with streaky, nasty looking floors. Terrible product.
Nothing
Sponge falls off, packaging frustrating, screw pins very difficult to use, sponge stays too wet, leaves floor covered in a lake

Sabco Lightning Mop

hi
your mop is junk it marks and takes paint off around the lower of cubords and around the outer of the bath as you get near them or try to get under the foot area it is far to high (thick) i got that mad i went outside and smashed it on the ground i cant belive anyone would put a thing like this on the shelf for sale
not much

CleanMachine

CleanMachineMelbourne

Save your time & money!

Complete rip off buy. Fell apart in no time. Expected better from an Australian company! It appears the A in Sabco should stand for abroad as that's the main influence for product it appears. Shame! Not the only time I've tried their products and felt disappointed. Had enough. I'll stick to Oates brand.

Waste of time & money no quality at all.

LindaD

LindaDMelbourne

Sponge less

Hopeless, after only a few uses, the sponge falls of as the screws went straight through the flimsy bits of plastic that are supposed to hold them. Mop is therefore useless and we have to buy another. Also can't find receipt however, retailer would possibly refund to maintain their reputation
Inexpensive
Can't use it anymore

Staggeringly poor design - do not purchase!

This mop is made to an incredibly poor design - the sponge is held in place by tiny, flimsy wafers of plastic. These broke off after only a few uses, and the mop is now unusable.

I cannot understand how Sabco could release such a shoddy product onto the market. Clearly their quality control department was not on the ball at all.

Incredibly poor design!!!

reviewingforyou

reviewingforyouHunter Region, NSW

Not the best.

It was really hard to undo the bolts to remopve the plastic wrap packaging. I had to use pointy nose pliars to remove the back 2. I used it on tiles and lino. After you squeeze the mop out it still drips because of the white scrubing pad on the front. It does not soak up the water from the floor very well so it takes a long time for the floors to dry. I would not buy this mop again.

andoAU

Disappointed

nessii
nessii

Flossie

Flossieasked

Lightning Mop

Do you still make the sabco breeze mop if so where can I buy one I have been looking for ages in the Sutherland shire. Thankyou Faye

Sabco C.Sabco

Hi, you can purchase a sabo Breeze mop at your local Woolworths https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/807431/sabco-breeze-mop or a Breeze mop 2 at your local BigW https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sabco-breeze-2-mop/p/455620/
Hope that help :) Cheers

spandexasked

Lightning Mop

Why are the mop heads so much more expensive in New Zealand than Australia? In Bunnings in both countries Australia for a 2 pack is $9.90A and NZ is $10 each for 1. Even accounting for the exchange rate that is a big difference, and because of that I will not be buying replacement sponges and changing sponge brands!!

Hi spandex -

Thanks for reaching out with your concern, hopefully we can clarify this for you.

The Sabco Lightning Xtra Wide is ranged in Bunnings NZ.
This is the same mop ranged in Bunnings AU and is wider than our regular Lightning Mop, which is ranged at other AU retailers. The refill for the larger Bunnings mop is only available in a single pack and retails for $12.99 in Australia and $11.98 in NZ.

The Twin pack refill only fits the smaller Lightning mop.
This sells in various AU retailers. It retails for $13.50 in both Woolworths and Big W.
Perhaps you have spotted this on promotion, but I can assure you it is not the regular price.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks -

Thank you.

Margaret

Margaretasked

Lightning Mop

I have just bought a Sabco Lightning mop, and used it for the first time. It left huge water marks over the floor. I’ve had to go over it again spraying plain water and using a micro fibre cloth. Believe me it’s no small task as I have a lot of tiled area. What do you suggest?

Johnny L.
Johnny L.

Its a horrible product does not suck up water, its a cheap nasty chinese sponge

Get an answer from our members and Sabco representatives