4Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq

3.9

73%13%13%

nlnx
nlnxAU7 posts

Good seat, but a challenge to fit

Bought it as was rated fairly highly in most recent tests of car seats. Needed to get professionally fitted, as we needed an extra clip on the seatbelt to make it secure, which was not supplied - likely to have been an issue with all seats and the seat belt style, but not sure if others would have supplied the clip needed.
Narrow fit, means can still use two seats in the back
Lack of extra clip needed to fit as above. Instructions seemed confusing
Posie_Rosie
Posie_RosieNSW, 21224 posts

Good basic carseat that would easily fit almost any car

My preference for carseats was a capsule at birth. However, this option didn't leave ANY legroom for the passenger in the front seat of the car (despite us having what I would consider to be a pretty generous sized car). Instead we were left with very little option and this fitted pretty perfectly. No complaints, bub always very comfy and easily sleeps in it on cartrips. No need to buy a new seat when he needed to start facing forwards. All in all a great purchase.
Convertible, compact, comfy for bub, fitted our car easily
Straps sometimes a bit hard to adjust, no nice fabric colour options like with some car seats
becanddan
becanddanAU2 posts

Great compact car seat at a reasonable price

We bought this car seat for our third baby as the car seat we had, even though was still good, would not fit with 2 other children in the back seat. We bought the latte colored seat from baby on a budget and although it was nit on sale it was still a good price. So far I have found this seat to be very easy to use and a great compact seat without being too small. We have it in the reverse position at the moment and in the middle seat of our car and there is still enough room for both my husband and I to drive. Mind you we do have an Outlander.
Obviously it's compact design, good price and easy to tighten/loosen straps.
I have not found anything that I don't like about this seat yet :-)
abigailsmum
abigailsmumNSW, 203423 posts

Shellcobra
ShellcobraCentral West, NSW12 posts

compact

The best thing about this seat is that it is small. It is diffiuclt to get seats that can fit multiples in a vehicle.

It is comfortable and stylish
small and compact can use when need multiple seats together
expensive and not often on sale as it is a unique seat

caitie85
caitie85AU32 posts

Mummydearest
Mummydearest32 posts

Irisgalaxy
Irisgalaxy76 posts

Wouldn't consider any other seat as I only wanted what was rated safest. Practically speaking though it is very easy to use. Another good reason to have purchased it was that I was advised by the car seat fitter that it's the only seat that will fit in the recline position for my car!. Good to know that the safest seat will fit into all size cars.
Rated safest rearward facing car restraint for babies up to 9 kilos/6 months by RACV, NRMA and Choice.

Easy to wash and dries quickly.

Fits small cars.
Would be good if came with waterproof seat protector.

littlechoppers
littlechoppers12 posts

Good

Its not as fancy as some of the other Safe n Sound car seats on the market, but it does the job and was voted in top 5 safest seats by RACV. Not 100% sure on the comfort factor as it certainly doesnt have the cushion padding of some of the other seats, but my son seems happy enough in it. The comapct size is a major plus.
We wanted safety, something that would fit in our small hatchback and a good price. This car seat, fit all these requirements.
The fabric has balled quite quickly from my sons shoes and it now looks a bit tatty after only 11mths of use. The straps often twist and I find them difficult to do up at times.
lizziegordon
lizziegordonACT, 261489 posts

Good

This is/was a great seat, especially for smaller cars, but is not being produced any more. If you pick up a 'bargain' online make sure you ask for the date of manufacture and make sure it's a real bargain. Seats will be at least 6 months old if not older. Be careful!
Compact design - both length when rearward and width across back seat, simple design, snug small area for newborn
Fabric pills a little over time, and can warp if washed in hot water or put in dryer (like any other car seat cover), compact design does have to compromise and mean smaller seat for use with a toddler - most 3-4 year olds would be cramped in this seat, NOT IN PRODUCTION ANYMORE Show 2 replies
clarebetsy
clarebetsy4 posts

Bad

Great for your average kid up to the age of about 2.5 and after that, even though our girls are very slim and therefore have no trouble with the width of the seat, the crotch strap position and short depth of seat mean that they have all but grown out of it except for short trips.
Our SnS Compaq is the newer model, in the brown suede colour. It's compact, easy to use, good for little ones (up to 2.5 years old)
crotch strap too close to the back of the seat meaning that the child's legs are pinched. Depth of the seat from hip to knee is very short meaning our 3 year old has her knees hanging out in space. On a long journey, very uncomfortable for her.
daniellemaree
daniellemaree

Your first word in overall is "great", yet you rate this car seat as bad?????

jeschalmers