Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO (page 4 of 9)

Pros

• Well built, robust and safe

• Comfortable for your toddlers

• Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)

• Easy installation

Cons

• Bulky, not suitable for small cars

• Not ISOFIX compatible

• Premium price

• Forward facing only

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
Lauren

LaurenSydney

Fabulous car seat

I have always used Britax Safe n Sound, I now have two of these Maxi Guard Pro’s installed in my car. I highly recommend them, as they are very easy to adjust as your child grows (or if you have different sizes children using it- grandparent, cater etc)
I use one for my 14.5kgs 3 yr old & the other for my 26.5kg 120cm tall almost 5 year old, they are both comfy in their seats and love the pop out cup holder!
The fabric is easy to clean too which is a bonus!

Nicole

NicoleClyde North

The best car seat

We had one of these for our 4 year old and just purchased one for our second child. This forward facing car seat is perfect once they can be forward facing. It is one of the narrowest seats on the market but still roomy internally. The fabric is easy to clean and doesn't leave them all sweaty.
My 4 year old loves her seat and usually falls asleep on long drives.

jakegerman

jakegermanGosford NSW 2250

Great seat

It’s a shame Australian law doesn’t allow isofix for seats designed for over the age of 4 as isofix is so much easier to install but this seat appears very comfortable for my son, love the armrests and cup holders and it’s easy to tighten and loosen the straps. I find it particularly useful to tuck the straps underneath the arm rests so they don’t get in the way when getting your child in and out.

Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

Michelle B

Michelle BBotanic Ridge

FAULTLESS!!

I never go past the quality and features of a Britax seat. Early last year (2017) I updated my 3 children's seats for the new Maxi-guard pro's. They are such a fantastic seat, super easy to install, and my children love how comfortable they are. They are easy to care for and wipe over with spills. The fabric is long lasting, like i have always got from Britax seats. I will never change carseat manufactures, as they quality is second to none

Cait

CaitAU

Great car seat!

Great quality
Easy to install
Easy to wash as you don't need to uninstall the whole seat. Covers just clip on and off.
Easy to tighten and do up harness
Cup holders are handy!
The extra bit of recline is fantastic for long car trips as my 3 year old can sleep comfortably without head flip.
3 year old loves it too!

Claire

ClaireCentral West, NSW

Really comfortable for my 2.5 yr old

frayahVictoria, Australia

BRILIANT!

Easy to install.
Great to be able to adjust the seat itself and the harness from the front with the child either in or out of it.
We are grandparents of small children of differing ages. This seat gives us the ability to quickly change the requirements of each child so that they ride in complete safety.
The kids find it comfortable and easy to get into and out of and the safety buckle is impossible for them to tamper with.
It is easy to clean and look after.
All in all brilliant

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Frayah, thanks for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

frayah

My pleasure and thank you.

JohnWilson

JohnWilsonCharlestown

The best

We purchased this after a friend recommended it. It was simple to install and is easy to adjust. It comfortable for our son and I feel confident in it’s safety features. I will recommend this to anyone because it is the best we’ve tried. Far better than the previous one we had.

Nellie

NellieGold Coast

Favourite Car Seat

This car seat is amazing, I bought it for my Husband's car although am wishing I had it in my car. The ease of this car seat is amazing, easy to clean, easy to clip baby in, easy to install. It is a great car seat, much better than my Maxi Cosi Moda that I have in my car.

Medina

MedinaMelbourne

Amazing seat

After changing so many seats for my daughter and majority of them so uncomfortable we finally bough one of this seats and I can’t say how much we are happy about it. Spending a lot of time in the car we needed something very comfortable for long trips. This seat is amazing and she loves it. Definitely worth every dollar and I highly recommend it. Safety is definitely first that ticks the list and then the rest. Can’t find any faults.

BeeQ

BeeQSydney

Excellent seat at an excellent price

After doing much research and seeing all the great reviews on this seat we decided to purchase and couldn't be happier.

The seat fabric quality is great, cool and comfortable for our little one and easy to clean. The belt mechanisms are smooth and don't catch. The two cup holders are a great extra as are the arm rests that can lift up/down. It was easy to install ourselves. My little one looks comfortable in it and can sleep upright without her head flopping forward.

All in all we are very satisfied with this car seat, highly recommended!

Emma

Emma

Great little seat

This was a great purchase, not cheap but definitely good value. Very easy to install and my baby looks very safe, protected and comfortable with plenty of padding and nice fabric. Cons would be hard to clean and also takes up alot of room in the backseat. Great reputable brand

Mubashir

MubashirPerth

Perfect seat for infants

I got my 0-4 yrs seat from Babies r us with best promotion discount. Easy to install and has 3 options for setting. Also has bottle carrier and fabric is too soft. Also has safe cushions for baby to sleep more comfortable. We would highly recommend this seat. Check it out!

bels

belsSydney, NSW

Love it!

Purchased this after many good reviews. Easy to install and use. Haven’t noticed any issues with fabric so far. Only two recline options, which isn’t ideal, but Miss 3 prefers it more upright in her Dad’s car than the reclined one in my car anyway. Silver straps could look dirty easily if I let her eat much in the car. Shoulder pads are actually functional, unlike the ones on our other Britax seats (Slimmlines). Would recommend this for kids 2 and up. Although the Australian Standard mandates that these be listed for use from 6 months, they’re probably only ideal from at least 2 years of age if you’re unable to rear face anymore.

Clare L

Clare LAU

Really great carseat. Newborn enjoys the carride and sleep through

Seat is easy to install and parts can be removed for cleaning. Newborn feels safe in the seat and comfortable. Would recommend to parents if it fits the budget. Very well built and our friends with an old safe n sound used theirs for five years and still in good condition.

nomorewashing

nomorewashingMelbourne

Excellent car seat for tall children

Nicole L

Nicole LSydney

Great car seat which will see us through til 8 years

I love this car seat. We upgraded from the Britax safe and sound Milenium SICT to the Britax Safe and Sound Maxi Guard Pro when my son reached the height markers. Its a great seat that is easy to install and adjust. My son loves the cupholder to put his water bottle in. Recently went on a long driving holiday and he slept for a couple of hours in the seat and didn't complain he was uncomfortable. He is a tall 3 year old and I know this seat will see him through for a few more years and we can keep him fully harnessed for longer which is a real plus.
We love this car seat so much we bought another one for our second car.

Motherofdragons

MotherofdragonsVictoria

Love this car seat!

I initially bought this seat as a replacement from the only other luxury carseat on the market. What I found is that this seat is a better fit (not ridiculously wide) for any car with multiple car seats in the back. It also has more reponsive buttons, which really helps when things get hectic.

Simon.

Simon.Cootamundra

A great model to step up to for your Todler

Cleaning is easy, installing easier. Coming from the Platinum SICT this is a breeze to install as you can loop the seat belt from the front (under the padding) as opposed to having to reach under the seat in the old one. Pulling the covers off is quick as well when you need it out of the car ASAP...

crystalsophia

crystalsophiaAustralia

cant go wrong

I love how safe these seats are...I wouldn't choose any other car seat. For anyone with young children a safe car seat should be number one priority. I feel my child Is the safest she can be whilist traveling in the Britax safe-n-sound Maxi guard pro.. its very easy to install, you cant go wrong I would recommend this seat to everyone!!

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO reviews

royboy

royboyasked

where can i buy a new buckle for a maxi guard pro.ours is broken

Kylie
Kylie

You will need to contact britax for a mew replacement might be covered under warranty I got new covers through them not long ago

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi royboy, thanks for your message. For spare parts, pricing and availability, please email au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Anna

Annaasked

Hi there, can the maxi guard pro convert to a booster seat using the cars seatbelt as restraint rather than the 5 point harness? My son is starting school and can’t unlock or do up the 5 point harness by himself. Yet when I pick him up to be in the car line he needs to be able to get himself in and out of the car. Thank you

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Anna, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro is a harnessed forward facing car seat, and not a convertible booster therefore, the 5 point harness cannot be removed. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Mel

Melasked

I’m just wondering what is the difference between the Maxi Guard Pro and the Maxi Guard please?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mel, thanks for your question. The main difference is the Maxi Guard Pro has SICT in the head and torso section, comes with cup holders and has the thermo 5 bamboo fabric. The Maxi Guard has AHR in the head rest however does not have the same features as the Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Brotax Childcare team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryBaby Car Seats