Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Pros

• Well built, robust and safe

• Comfortable for your toddlers

• Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)

• Easy installation

Cons

• Bulky, not suitable for small cars

• Not ISOFIX compatible

• Premium price

• Forward facing only

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment

KylieSydney, NSW

Maxi guard pro navy

Very comfortable compared to other brands I have owned it’s really easy to install
I Take all 3 of mine out to clean once a month and wash all the covers
And really easy to adjust head rest and tighten belts

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting for $479.00.

Adel w

Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Own two of this now. Planning to buy a 3rd one.
Pricey but very safe and comfortable.

Easily adjustable head height to suit 1.5 and 3.5yo.

Like the pouch at the front. I store socks and snacks there!

Found the bottle holder a little small and won't fit standard kids drink bottle.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $446.00.

TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality car seat that will last years

I purchased this Britax car seat for my 1 year old. The fabric is soft and seat is comfortable. My son is very happy, it fits him well. The only thing is it is not ISOFIX compatible. Otherwise, happy with it. High recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $449.00.

Thank you Britax team!

Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

Alyce W.

Alyce W.Hunter Region, NSW

Safe and comfortable

Love this car seat.
Safety rating is fantastic and our little guy always seems really comfortable.
Its easy to install and remove.
It is also one of the better looking car seats on the market.
It is quite large so if you had small car it may be a bit squishy but over all we love it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for $549.00.

Melissa

Melissa

Great

Great car seat.
Easy to adjust, easy to get in and out of car.
Cupholders super handy.
Love the long age range of being able to have my child in a 5 point harness.

Georgiana

Georgiana

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Village.

Hayley

Hayley

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $469.00.

Kita

KitaSydney, NSW

Only the best for my boys

I have 2 of these seats and when little mr 3 is old enough I will be buying him one too.
They are supportive and hold children secure! Easy to adjust and comfortable for kids!

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Heidi J.

Heidi J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best seat

My daughter and I love this seat
So comfortable easy to install and protects my girl from getting hurt in a accident. I had the normal maxi guard beforehand and I was in a accident we were rear ended and my daughter didn't budge she was unhurt and fine she done good and the seat done its job and I got my replacement :)

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Nicole

NicoleSoutheast, SA

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Sarah

SarahSouthwest, VIC

Amazing car seat

I upgraded my sons car seat and I think it’s amazing . My son is so much more comfortable!
He loves the holders and arm rests. Even though the price may put some people off its worth every penny . I have found it easier to lift the arm rests when getting him in and out of the car . It is so roomy. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $469.00.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Wish there was a girl colour

Love love this product so happy with it my son loves it and won’t use anything else but just wish by the time my daughter needs one there is a girly colour

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Safe, comfortable and breathable

This seat is easy to use, positions our daughter well, and fabric is easy to clean. Also enables two adult passengers to sit alongside in our new VW Tiguan when required. Our daughter is well supported when she falls asleep in the car (head does not drop as it has in another seat), and the straps are very easy to adjust when we are ready to.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

KS

KS

Worth the money

This is my third Britax seat and I love it. Puts my toddler in a great position.
Only down side is the harness is hard to make it secure enough that a toddler can’t gets arms out of compared to the Platinum pro. And the cup holders are narrow.
Easy enough to install and clean.
I will only ever use Britax.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $439.00.

Celeste

Celeste

Very happy with this car seat

Very happy with this purchase. We also have the maxi cosi moda and our toddler seems far more comfortable in this one. Easy to install. The cup holders are useless.

Purchased in January 2019.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Celeste, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Allison W.

Allison W.

So perfect for my growing son

This car is so easy to install and so comfortable for my 3.5 year old son and till he is 8 years old . I love the safety features and how easy it is to get my son in and out of . The fabric is nice and soft and it’s nicely padded for him .

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Allison W, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

CJs

CJsSouth Australia

Very happy

Very happy with the seat. Purchased for my very tall 5yo and appears to have a few years room to grow yet before she grows out of it. Says she is very comfortable. Also very easy to install compared to our other seat of the same class

Purchased in May 2019 for $469.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi CJs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Ebs

EbsSydney, NSW

So comfortable and easy to use

I bought this for me 2 year old and swapped over the other britax car seat I have for my new born and I gotta say I love this car seat and so does my son, he’s comfortable in it and I find it very easy to put him in and out. I highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ebs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Carolyn

CarolynSydney

Fantastic!

We have two of these seats; they are fantastic, easy to install, adjust, and most importantly comfortable for my child. The seat offers great value, and with the high exit markers my child will get use of the seat far beyond 8.

Purchased in December 2017.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Carolyn, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO reviews

James Oliver

James Oliverasked

Hi
I’ve installed my seat using the manual provided and checking multiple you tube videos.
However the seat still feels very loose when I shake it in comparison to my isofix chair I had before.
Should you be able to shake the seat when you push it from side to side? It just feels less secure and I’m not sure if something is wrong or not

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi James Oliver, thanks for your question. We suggest visiting a car seat fitter as they can further assist you with tensioning your seat belt. Please also feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Louise C

Louise Casked

Can you use this car seat in an airplane?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Louise C, thanks for your question. The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO has not tested for use on an aircraft. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

royboy

royboyasked

where can i buy a new buckle for a maxi guard pro.ours is broken

Kylie

You will need to contact britax for a mew replacement might be covered under warranty I got new covers through them not long ago

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi royboy, thanks for your message. For spare parts, pricing and availability, please email au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryBaby Car Seats